Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am nowhere near a best guess. There is too little info available.

I don’t think she ran away.

I am currently ruling out her being with anyone who was at work premises that Friday at 9am (for example).

I think it is more likely to be one abductor than multiple. I think there would be too much stress by now if more than one were involved in the actual disappearance. There may be another who knows or subsequently suspects, but not necessarily.

I keep wondering if some intel-type was inspired by the Jayme Closs situation. But then this is the UK not America and I wonder how easy it would actually be to keep someone British against their will for any length of time without it being discovered. Seems too crowded to me. I know there is modern slavery which is people living and working against their will but it is easier to imagine non-British being cowed at the thought of British LE and probably not being able to speak the language.

I don’t think she ran away. I don’t think she would willingly not be in touch. I do think she is alive but have no real reasons of why I think that after all the true crime I have ever read. I have half an idea that she wouldn’t trigger a woman-hating opportunist, that the time of day would be wrong for a crime of intense rage (where she was in the path of someone who was enraged by something else).

I feel a bit inhibited by what I put on this thread as there is nothing else about her online so it is more likely that anyone looking online for her would end up reading. I don’t want to make the situation worse for people who know her, or for her, but it feels wrong too for there to be nothing at all.

Wish the police would issue an update. There are a million ways to tell people absolutely nothing while still looking efficient- anyone who has ever sat in a management meeting knows that.

IMVHO your post safely covers the details in Leah's disappearance, while adding a bit of levity to the mix. :)

Leah is loved, and missed. Keeping her in the news will show her, and her abductor (if there is one, or more) that she really needs to be reunited with her loving family.

Could this be another 'Jayme'? I'm not certain, but I hope her outcome is just as positive. Any other would be devastating IMO.

Can someone point me to the reddit thread? I do not believe that will violate TOS as long as we do not discuss the substance discussed in the thread. Thank you!

I don't think she has run off either (although I would be happy to be wrong), but my opinion is not important - it is what Thames Valley Police think that matters. The only way for TVP to proceed that I can see, if they are of the view that Leah has come to harm, is to work out where she wasn't and narrow it down from there.

Assuming the Buzzacott Lane 8.15am sighting was Leah, we have a point at which she was not missing. From there she must have gone somewhere. Most businesses and public buildings have CCTV, so if she should have appeared but didn't then she either took another route or she vanished before she reached there. Along with the phone being switched off at around 8.25 to 8.30am, there is a very precise time frame of no more than 15 minutes. There must be a way to collate that information and compare it with ANPR data, for example.

I am sure the police are working as hard as they can, but they don't seem to have a POI, there haven't been any arrests or appeals for specific information and there is no sense of urgency. If Leah has been abducted there needs to be a much higher profile given to this case.

Imo, if she got into a car with someone she knew...then she is likely not alive...as that person would also be missing or else “hiding” her, and it seems police would have been in touch with most people she knew well by now, talked to friends, found out about her life. Etc...so most likely such a person would have surfaced during the course of the investigation. Most people do not have the facilities to “hide” a living person for months on end, especially when it is so expensive to live alone. Not sure this is making sense, but I know what I mean...people she would be likely to grab a ride with are probably not in a position to have that degree of privacy, imo.

Of course there could be the chance of an meeting an older adult she recognized who happens to be the one demented weirdo who would do such a thing...but those odds seem very high. Anyway all jmo. I hope she left by choice and is fine, but it is increasingly unlikely.

Jmo also...not sure LE can conclude she has been abducted...though her not using her cards, etc at least points to suspicions all is not well with her.

Depends if she was walking for fitness. If she was expecting to walk and started work at 9am, then she would have been earlier -

I wonder what proportion of people that she knows would drive to work, be going the same way at the same time, have time and space enough to spot her and offer a lift etc etc. By the latter I had someone stop for me once with an untidy car (like a second bedroom). She stopped on a busy road and had to scoop off stuff from the passenger seat, whilst getting beeped.

Still no updates. Still very weird to me.
Hi, what makes you think she would have left earlier for a 9am start?

With regards to colleagues driving to work, in MK most people drive everywhere but there are limited places where you can stop and give someone a lift as most main roads are no stopping zones.

This leaves us, going with the theory a person known to her gave her a lift, that it was someone who knew her well enough to know which route she was likely take. Or, which choice of routes. Then they would need to know of a suitable quiet spot where they would not be noticed stopping and making the offer. Unless the lift was planned with good intention but something went wrong in the car, and it was pure chance they were not spotted.

Due to the layout of MK, unless someone lived on that same estate it would not be coincidence that they drove past Leah. Imagine a noughts and crosses board and you are driving from left to right. The estates are the noughts or crosses. You would not deviate from your straight line. If traffic is bad, people do cut thro estates but you would not cut thro Emerson or Furzton if you are going to Knowlhill. Staying with the board metaphore, they are bottom left square and Knowlhill is top right. If they lived on the estate, why not give her a lift every day? I don't buy that it's for fitness. She's 19 and into a martial art. The fact most likely is she hasn't passed her driving test or can't afford a car. It's not a lovely soul rising walk, it would be through housing estates and unperpasses as I doubt she often took the longer lake route. And the lake isn't anything spectacular anyway.

The alternative to this for me is someone she knows phoning her and offering a lift and a pick up point. That could open pre meditated possibilities which explain the lack of sightings, and also more optimistic outcomes if it was a joint plan for example.

All just MOO.

Hongkong Phooey, I don’t think she would have left earlier for a 9am start. I meant that if she still had a 20 minute walk left, and took a lift instead, then she would have arrived earlier than expected. If that had happened, what would she have done. She presumably didn’t enter the building or it would have been logged, or someone would have seen her.

Hongkong Phooey, I don’t think she would have left earlier for a 9am start. I meant that if she still had a 20 minute walk left, and took a lift instead, then she would have arrived earlier than expected. If that had happened, what would she have done. She presumably didn’t enter the building or it would have been logged, or someone would have seen her.
Ah ok, got you.

Yes it seems v unlikely she got to Knowlhill. It would be v busy there at that time of day, lots of businesses on a purpose built industrial estate (sorry if you know this, not sure if you're local)

Am I correct in thinking that without explicit evidence the police would have no right to access any of her social media or telephone accounts?

Am I correct in thinking that without explicit evidence the police would have no right to access any of her social media or telephone accounts?

No, the police can access data if they have 'reasonable grounds' to believe it contains evidence in relation to a crime, and this applies to victims, suspects and witnesses.

I am fairly sure in the podcast that Leah’s mum said Leah’s friends had shown the police their mobiles. (This wasn’t the exact wording she used, for the analytical amongst us).

I still think a runaway at this time, with help. Not my views in the beginning. I hope this is the case, and I think publicity is intentionally quietening down (this could be prompted by LE) to take the public pressure down a notch for her to get in touch. AMOO

I still think a runaway at this time, with help. Not my views in the beginning. I hope this is the case, and I think publicity is intentionally quietening down (this could be prompted by LE) to take the public pressure down a notch for her to get in touch. AMOO

Wildly optimistic imho

With no money, no change of clothes, no phone, no income to support herself it would have to mean someone is bankrolling her financially (giving her money/giving her shelter/giving her food/buying her clothing), majority of people her age can barely cover their own cost of living so it would have to mean she is with a guy probably her dads age or around that sort of age, i think it is unlikely a middle aged guy could put her up without her being noticed by someone or have had a relationship with her prior to her disappearance without someone knowing

If she was homeless runaway and sleeping rough someone will have spotted her by now and claimed the £5k reward

This will not end well sadly, imho she is dead (99% sure of that) and probably dumped in a shallow grave in a countrified area max 15-20 miles out of MK

Wildly optimistic imho

With no money, no change of clothes, no phone, no income to support herself it would have to mean someone is bankrolling her financially (giving her money/giving her shelter/giving her food/buying her clothing), majority of people her age can barely cover their own cost of living so it would have to mean she is with a guy probably her dads age or around that sort of age, i think it is unlikely a middle aged guy could put her up without her being noticed by someone or have had a relationship with her prior to her disappearance without someone knowing

If she was homeless runaway and sleeping rough someone will have spotted her by now and claimed the £5k reward

This will not end well sadly, imho she is dead (99% sure of that) and probably dumped in a shallow grave in a countrified area max 15-20 miles out of MK
Do you have a hypothetical profile in mind of the perp in your theory Brian?

Yes you’re right, so probably an unlikely scenario then. Most likely a vehicle involved ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko