Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this man been named as a POI by police? If not, I do not think he can be discussed as though he had. Also why would “groomimg”be involved? Leah is not a minor.

Brother of missing Milton Keynes girl Leah Croucher took the law into his own hands with her 'ex-boyfriend'
"Judge Sheridan told him: “The police have fully investigated the person that you suspected. There is, at this stage, nothing to support those suspicions."

"I cannot go into the details of the police investigation but can tell you it is being controlled at a very high level. It is detailed and, if I respectfully say so, they really are trying desperately hard.

“You must allow them, however strongly you feel, to do the investigating. You will jeopardise their investigation if you get it into your head that somebody is responsible for it.”
"Judge Sheridan told him: “I repeat, the family have the court’s sympathy, but I beg you, please, let the police do the job and there is no basis for your suspicions about Mr Choudhry."

She’s 19–it might depend on when the relationship began? I don’t know the laws over there.

Grooming in the UK is if the victim is under 16.

I think the term was used here deliberately for dramatic effect, given it's cultural context and implications, and IMO it was meant as maybe someone lying about a relationship, promising to leave a spouse etc.

Last edited:
This could start to make sense of the parents pleas and the lack of police appeals now, I’ve said all along random abductions just don’t happen around here and if they ever did, certainly not in those areas in broad daylight. Maybe the line of enquiry is someone is ‘safe keeping’ her hence the no phone or bank account activity, she’s being taken care of and just doesn’t want to come back. JMO

But why? If someone has access to money they've saved to get their own place, why not use it when the need for the money becomes more urgent?

Now I understand the background a bit more & it makes sense why the parents were saying LC could get in touch with anyone , not them necessarily, bet they have been having loads of arguments about this relationship.
Interesting that LE have spoken to AC a few times, shows there must be reason to suspect him, or they had new information they are asking AC about and going back and forwards. The fact the judge says AC has been cleared “at this stage” makes it sound there are grounds to still suspect him. Or maybe I’m reading too much into it.
I would love to see them increase that reward to more like £10-15k, that’s more of a more motivation to get people to come forward. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Has this man been named as a POI by police? If not, I do not think he can be discussed as though he had. Also why would “groomimg”be involved? Leah is not a minor.
We have only been discussing the MSM article which should be ok if we stick to initials I think.

Grooming in the UK is if the victim is under 16.

I think the term was used here deliberately for dramatic effect, given it's cultural context and implications, and IMO it was meant as maybe someone lying about a relationship, promising to leave a spouse etc.
Wasn't it mentioned in/quoting from the MSM article?

The brother doing this has worked well for the police they now because of the threats can name an obvious person of interest as he is quoted as an ex boyfriend by the brother
I think the police have plugged the name etc and of course say he has been looked at so not to make any error in future investigation
Now they have in the press a person of interest name and area and see if people who know him or live nearby can add to this case
It does not look great area of residence married and an ex
The way they have released this screams we need some assistance they are charging the brother but imo this has been used more to naming the person the brother abused

We all hope we are way off but it’s a long time missing for the young lady
I expect more progress because of this recent incident
ITA. It was a good way to get the info out there but was this a police prosecution or a private one by AC? If private, he shot himself in the foot by publicly applying for that restraining order.

ITA. It was a good way to get the info out there but was this a police prosecution or a private one by AC? If private, he shot himself in the foot by publicly applying for that restraining order.
Nonthe police were prosecuting HC for harassing AC - AC must have reported him , or perhaps HC was making a scene and police were called? The restraining order is the “punishment” - charges dropped as long as HC stays away from AC

Nonthe police were prosecuting HC for harassing AC - AC must have reported him , or perhaps HC was making a scene and police were called? The restraining order is the “punishment” - charges dropped as long as HC stays away from AC
Thanks for clarifying that. It has certainly served a purpose as LE don't generally announce 'POIs' in the UK like is done in the states AFAIK. Clever if that is why TVP did it that way. AC must be hopping mad unless he insisted they press charges.
TVP could have just cautioned HC and there would have been no MSM.

Now I understand the background a bit more & it makes sense why the parents were saying LC could get in touch with anyone , not them necessarily, bet they have been having loads of arguments about this relationship.
Interesting that LE have spoken to AC a few times, shows there must be reason to suspect him, or they had new information they are asking AC about and going back and forwards. The fact the judge says AC has been cleared “at this stage” makes it sound there are grounds to still suspect him. Or maybe I’m reading too much into it.
I would love to see them increase that reward to more like £10-15k, that’s more of a more motivation to get people to come forward. I feel AC/ or associates are involved in this somehow, could be a honour thing to keep LC quiet if it was getting messy?

Someone offered another £10k to be added to the original £5k but the police refused the offer.

The police said AC is only a witness but the articles quote a statement from the police about AC where they name him, if that makes a difference?

To be fair, we don't know how severe these threats were. Or what may have happened in the past to make AC take the threats seriously. It also looks like Leah's brother is involved in martial arts, so it's not unreasonable that AC may genuinely fear for his own safety. He/police may also feel like there's a racial or religious element to these accusations, going by HC's message that he's a Muslim who "groomed" her.

This could be a way for police to get AC's name out there, but would they go to the extent of (I'm assuming) arresting her brother and making him go to court? That's a lot to put on a family whose daughter is missing.

Yes. I mean it was deliberately used by Haydon for drama as he messaged "Was suppose to have court today as I'm attacking Leah's ex-boyfriend, 27-years-old, married and Muslim who in our opinion groomed and mistreated her he had mk finest in his name, he *advertiser censored**ed with the wrong people."

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/judge-warns-missing-girls-brother-16229598.amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQA#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/judge-warns-missing-girls-brother-16229598
So he himself didn't name him on Social media then? Or he just didn't name him in that particular post but had named him previously perhaps. Am wondering why he wasn't charged with something more serious.

Oh yes and it was a voluntary restraining order. I have never heard of that before either. If he had said no he wasn't accepting it, would he have been charged with something else? Like breaching the peace or threatening behaviour?

I am just glad it's all in the open now and TVP may get more info from it all.

ETA FTR just adding the charge HC was facing:-

"facing a charge of causing *advertiser censored***n C******y to fear that violence would be used against him by making threats and sending threatening and abusive messages between February 1 and April 30."

Last edited:
Oh yes and it was a voluntary restraining order. I have never heard of that before either. If he had said no he wasn't accepting it, would he have been charged with something else? Like breaching the peace or threatening behaviour?

I am just glad it's all in the open now and TVP may get more info from it all.
I think he would have had to go through a full trial - would he have been found guilty? If so, he may have faced up to two years in jail. His legal team probably recommended to accept the RO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne