Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that’s seemed like an unusual comment considering the amount of cases of missing persons who have previously vanished without a trace. I was watching only last night ( to name some examples) - An Irish documentary about missing women of the triangle. (Reference to missing women in the 1990’s) who mostly vanished without a trace. ( Thanks to the member who inspired me to look the story up on thread 1)

When the police said this I think they meant that this specific local police force have never had a case like this, not the UK police as a whole. Are there any similar examples in this area?

Going back to what astheworldfalls down said... You could be right, but if they're being honest it could answer a lot of peoples questions here about why they're not doing x,y and z.

I think it was much easier to go missing in the 1990's before mobile phone tracking ,cctv and other technology of the 21st century.

That’s an excellent point! But once that phones switched off and there no CCTV at the point of abduction she’s would have been as good as those unfortunate women in the 90’s unfortunately. :-(

When the police said this I think they meant that this specific local police force have never had a case like this, not the UK police as a whole. Are there any similar examples in this area?

Going back to what astheworldfalls down said... You could be right, but if they're being honest it could answer a lot of peoples questions here about why they're not doing x,y and z.
Good point. I would presume some in Milton Keynes have vanished previously without trace (but only a presumption), and as you correctly point out that doesn’t mean they have familiarity in such a wide open case.

Yes and if LE arent asking about vehicles, so you would presume all are accounted for.

Taken into a house nearby by someone who has watched her pass daily?
She could have equally been taken in to a house, because it looks easy enough on the suggested path she took. I had wondered this also.

I think either
A- Abducted in a vehicle taken elsewhere
Or
B- Abducted into a nearby property (likely she had been watched prior to this)

I have no further theory’s I believe in at this time.

Edit- typo correction for (in to)

That’s an excellent point! But once that phones switched off and there no CCTV at the point of abduction she’s would have been as good as those unfortunate women in the 90’s unfortunately. :-(

I disagree.
Her phone being turned off located her last place of it being used.
No further sightings on cctv also gives information of how she must have disappeared. Even if it just eliminates her getting a bus.

I disagree.
Her phone being turned off located her last place of it being used.
No further sightings on cctv also gives information of how she must have disappeared. Even if it just eliminates her getting a bus.
Once her phone was off....there’s nothing
And once she passed the last CCTV sighting there’s nothing.

Which is my point after that time we currently know nothing in regards to what happened to her.

And so in reply to last known sightings/ confirmation of location; that’s the same as a witness in the 1990’s cases stating I saw her at x o’clock.

Considering the case months before of a 14 year old grabbed and pulled in a van (described as green), which was confirmed by LE to the media.
I am thinking LE....if they have no other leads regarding Leah, could search green vans or look at Van sales (green or recently painted) in a defined radius. I was actually thinking that a perpetrator may want to sell it or burn it fast if it could hold incriminating DNA evidence.
I looked on some for sale sites last night and found a few green vans, but ofcourse LE would have the computerised system to run a check on reg numbers and ids.

Edited due to a typo on ref/reg.
That abduction occurred near the A5 and Furzton lake is near the A5 on Leah's walking route to work.

Once her phone was off....there’s nothing
And once she passed the last CCTV sighting there’s nothing.

Which is my point after that time we currently know nothing in regards to what happened to her.

And so in reply to last known sightings/ confirmation of location; that’s the same as a witness in the 1990’s cases stating I saw her at x o’clock.

If 1990s woman continued on her journey another witness would be needed to identify her movements.
If
Leah had continued her journey it would be recorded on cctv.

When it is said that a mobile is switched off, does that definitely mean someone pressed a button to turn it off? Could it mean it went out of signal? (Maybe indicate a direction)? Or ran out of battery? (Unlikely if she had been home all night with the ability to charge it).

If 1990s woman continued on her journey another witness would be needed to identify her movements.
If
Leah had continued her journey it would be recorded on cctv.
Still your point tells us nothing about what happens to her.
In the cases we are talking about in the 1990’s a victim did not get on her bus home, the only bus that took her to the destination where she went missing (confirmed by witness statements on that bus).

Your point is no different, it just narrows a distance where Leah dissapeared from.

My original point is where there’s no CCTV from a crime scene wether it be the 90’s (CCTV did exist in the 90’s btw) or this year, and someone’s phone has been switched off, they can vanish without trace.

Going forwards only if further ‘technology’ as you highlighted proves where she went next, all we know for now.... is that Leah has vanished. Presumably not of her own accord and so it is likely she has been abducted.

When it is said that a mobile is switched off, does that definitely mean someone pressed a button to turn it off? Could it mean it went out of signal? (Maybe indicate a direction)? Or ran out of battery? (Unlikely if she had been home all night with the ability to charge it).
That’s an interesting point I assume LE can tell the difference with the help from mobile service providers. If it went out of signal I would have thought some software (or similar termed) components would still be functioning in the background. Which if that’s the case would help to tell the difference.

I did a first aid course earlier this month and the instructor said to try dialling 999 from a mobile even if it is out of signal as it will try to pick up a signal on another network. Wonder if LE have checked for abandoned 999 calls. If you made a 999 call out of signal area, would it show on your own mobile data?

Her parents also mention that her work once made the mistake of thinking she didn't turn up when in reality she was on holiday leave. They did say they started to panic when they found out she wasn't on holiday, so maybe they were hoping that there was some sort of error? And if Leah only lives with her parents and they need to leave before 7:30am, there would be no way of knowing whether she actually left in the morning or later in the day.

Considering they only found out around 5pm and they both needed time to get home, idk if they actually waited all that long in total.

Surely the parents would have known if she was on holiday leave. I would imagine she would have saved her leave for upcoming holiday. If she had the following day off work then you think she would have mentioned it to mum/dad when they were choosing airport hotel on the last night they saw here before going to bed? Also dad said she had refused to take the day off work once before for family wedding as she couldn’t get cover..considering she was such a creature of habit alarm bells would have been ringing with me when I received call from her work at 5pm & I couldn’t contact her by phone (either mobile or home telephone incase she was at home ill) I would defo have called police when I arrived home & found she wasn’t there. Jmo.

Good point. I would presume some in Milton Keynes have vanished previously without trace (but only a presumption), and as you correctly point out that doesn’t mean they have familiarity in such a wide open case.

About Thames Valley Police | Thames Valley Police

"Thames Valley Police is one of the 43 police forces in England and Wales and is the largest non-metropolitan force. It covers over 2,200 square miles and three counties: Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire.

We serve a diverse population of over 2.34 million people. The force has 12 local policing areas, each with a command structure led by a Superintendent."

Yes that’s seemed like an unusual comment considering the amount of cases of missing persons who have previously vanished without a trace. I was watching only last night ( to name some examples) - An Irish documentary about missing women of the triangle. (Reference to missing women in the 1990’s) who mostly vanished without a trace. ( Thanks to the member who inspired me to look the story up on thread 1)

I'm Irish and actually grew up quite near 'The Vanishing Triangle'. There are POIs and chief suspects in a lot of those 199os missing people cases. Google Sandra Collins, Fiona Pender, Ciara Breen just to name a few. Despite this their bodies have never been found. Deirdre Jacob was actually caught on cctv before she vanished, as was Trevor Deely but I agree with whoever said it was easier to go missing in the 90s. Very little cctv, very few mobile phones, no dash cams, no social media, tinder etc.

Taser?

Would that even be a possibility to get hold of one if you weren’t a police officer? But then you start to think that would be someone who would want to be sure they could overpower a martial artist.

This is just a random thought really. I think a taser was used on Jaycee Lee Dugard (May have the name wrong-the child in USA years ago ie not linked to Leah)

Google 'make a taser' and you can build one yourself. Plus you can take it apart and hide it in plain sight as it's just random bits, not like having a industry-manufactured one on your premises.

I'm Irish and actually grew up quite near 'The Vanishing Triangle'. There are POIs and chief suspects in a lot of those 199os missing people cases. Google Sandra Collins, Fiona Pender, Ciara Breen just to name a few. Despite this their bodies have never been found. Deirdre Jacob was actually caught on cctv before she vanished, as was Trevor Deely but I agree with whoever said it was easier to go missing in the 90s. Very little cctv, very few mobile phones, no dash cams, no social media, tinder etc.
I grew up there also, and fair enough if you think it was easier, I never said it was not however, I simply stated how people in the past have vanished without a trace and used that excample due to multiple women. Suspects came much later , not at the time the women vanished. I could use excamples in recent years just as easily. Because the point is not vanished in an era with or without modern technology, but that people do vanish without trace. Ofcourse when new Information is discovered, whether it be the person or items found, incriminating evidence, or a suspect brought to LE attention.... the case can potentially be solved and if not a POI identified.

I hope you understand it was not me who raised the point about it being easier or harder in the 90’s , I was stating simply women have vanished before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaDiosa1975