Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Leah’s family should name X, although I thoroughly understand the temptation.

I wonder if Leah’s mum and dad ever met him? Before the disappearance, or after?

I don’t know the legal implications but I think Leah’s mum and dad should be facilitated to meet with X and his mother in order to ask them for the information they are wanting. I guess LE would need to be there for everybody’s safety. I am thinking X’s mother presumably knows X is a friend of Leah, and could confirm if she had met Leah at any point. Having Leah’s mum and X’s mum present would help everyone, I think. (This is all just moo. Aside from legal implications, obviously I have never been in any kind of missing person situation so I don’t know whether this would feel like a right thing to try and set up. I also think it would be really difficult for all participants not to set expectations of the outcome beforehand. I know nobody will probably ask or answer anything that hasn’t been asked or answered to LE, but maybe it would help some niggles become less important so that energy can be concentrated on other aspects.)

It's got to the point JC has nothing to lose by naming who he suspects . IMO - his daughter and son is gone , the investigation is now 1 yr old and very slow paced . By naming this person it just might jolt this rather stalled investigation into life . I can see the frustration and pain of watching Leah's disappearance drift along unsolved and can see this move as a positive rather than a negative . JMO

If this man is named, it might be more difficult to prosecute if evidence is eventually forthcoming, in the Uk, no? The laws are different from US.
Also, the guilty party is unlikely to confess...not sure what help it would be, without evidence to go along with a suspect...
I think there man be another male, one no one knew about. But that is just a guess...

Also, LE must know the name and they clearly have not been able to link him...so it seems like the man could claim defamation if the parents name him when police have not...jmo

See, this confuses me a bit. If they saw her by the sports pavilion, then continued walking anti-clockwise and saw her again past the Premier Inn, does that mean the girl walked round the lake clockwise to be at that point? Or did she overtake them going anti clockwise, which would be the most obvious way to get from A to B?

Like you, I am puzzled too. I understood it to mean the couple noticed Crying Girl, carried on walking anti-clockwise and saw her again as they were completing their lap. If she was making her way towards the Premier Inn (possibly directed there by whomever she was speaking to on the phone) then she would have walked clockwise.

See, this confuses me a bit. If they saw her by the sports pavilion, then continued walking anti-clockwise and saw her again past the Premier Inn, does that mean the girl walked round the lake clockwise to be at that point? Or did she overtake them going anti clockwise, which would be the most obvious way to get from A to B?

My guess is that crying girl / Leah was standing still, at or near to the pavilion and the couple walked past her, heading anti clockwise round the lake.
From the Pavilion to Premier Inn ( anti clockwise ) it's about 800 metres, so an average walk time of 10 minutes.

So if crying girl / Leah then took the same anti clockwise route to the Premier Inn area and started her walk about 10 minutes after the couple had passed her, she would have arrived at Premier Inn area about 20 minutes after they did.
This is when they see her for the second time.

Like you, I am puzzled too. I understood it to mean the couple noticed Crying Girl, carried on walking anti-clockwise and saw her again as they were completing their lap. If she was making her way towards the Premier Inn (possibly directed there by whomever she was speaking to on the phone) then she would have walked clockwise.

Longer walk and far more indirect. It is almost 1.5k, even taking quickest route.
If we assume the crying girl was Leah and, even knowing she was a fast walker, it's still almost double the distance / time to go this way. Doesn't make sense to do that if she was heading to meet someone.

Re naming of Mr X - it will depend how the person is named surely ?
It would not be sensible ( although understandable ) to accuse someone of involvement in Leah's disappearance without solid proof. And if there were solid proof then we have to hope the police would be doing the charging.
But I don't see why a person cannot be named as a boyfriend.

My guess is that crying girl / Leah was standing still, at or near to the pavilion and the couple walked past her, heading anti clockwise round the lake.
From the Pavilion to Premier Inn ( anti clockwise ) it's about 800 metres, so an average walk time of 10 minutes.

So if crying girl / Leah then took the same anti clockwise route to the Premier Inn area and started her walk about 10 minutes after the couple had passed her, she would have arrived at Premier Inn area about 20 minutes after they did.
This is when they see her for the second time.

But that means they would have had to have stopped at the PInn, otherwise they'd have always been 10 mins ahead of her. It'd be really useful to know which direction crying girl was walking in when they saw her the second time.

(why would she have arrived 20 mins after them, if she set off 10 mins after them? Need another cuppa but still confused!)

But that means they would have had to have stopped at the PInn, otherwise they'd have always been 10 mins ahead of her. It'd be really useful to know which direction crying girl was walking in when they saw her the second time.

(why would she have arrived 20 mins after them, if she set off 10 mins after them? Need another cuppa but still confused!)

Yes, it would be very useful to know what the couple were doing - did they go into the Premier Inn, did they have a car in the car park and went there to get something ?
Had they perhaps walked further than the Premier Inn and then cut back - to get their car - and at that point, crying girl arrived at the Premier Inn area ?

RE timings ( assumed )
10am Couple walk past crying girl at Pavilion and continue anti clockwise to Premier Inn
10.10am Couple arrive Premier Inn
10.10 am Crying Girl sets off along same route, anti clockwise to Premier Inn
10.20am Crying girl arrives Premier Inn

My fault :oops: I should have said, it was 20 minutes later when couple saw crying girl again. Not that she arrived 20 minutes after them. I think it's me needs that cuppa :D

If this man is named, it might be more difficult to prosecute if evidence is eventually forthcoming, in the Uk, no? The laws are different from US.
Also, the guilty party is unlikely to confess...not sure what help it would be, without evidence to go along with a suspect...
I think there man be another male, one no one knew about. But that is just a guess...

Also, LE must know the name and they clearly have not been able to link him...so it seems like the man could claim defamation if the parents name him when police have not...jmo
I think X is unlikely to have had any hands-on role in Leah's disappearance. Someone else associated with him may have though. If that's so, then details may have been kept from X

I was replying to a specfic question about naming of suspects. If John knew who Leah saw last that's information for the police, not the public. But he doesn't, so moot point.
How do you know he doesn't? Someone may have given him some info. I am sure police know everything that John knows. Sometimes the grapevine is helpful in these cases.

It would not be sensible ( although understandable ) to accuse someone of involvement in Leah's disappearance without solid proof. And if there were solid proof then we have to hope the police would be doing the charging.
I agree. It was only Hayden who couldn't name the boyfriend. That doesn't mean others cannot. It would be helpful to know if there is more than one boyfriend. Does anyone know who the boyfriend is on her FB? She looks like her head and his head are on a pillow. Link below.

Leah Croucher

( obviously don't put any names on here but am just wondering when that was taken)

Last edited:
I have actually had someone put that to me as an option that there was an incestuous relationship I don’t believe it for a second.

I personally doubt the police wouldn’t find anything new. I believe Haydon was active in telling police in what he felt to be significant, but that is just my opinion and not fact.
I absolutely didn’t mean there was any kind of incestuous relationship at all. Neither do I think that Haydon was in any way responsible for her death or disappearance.

I wondered more if the police would have automatic access to search all his belongings or something in the investigation into his death, which may throw up something that only the police realise is significant to the Leah investigation.
Wow now that is a theory I've never even read nor entered my own head... incestuous relationship... I say hell nah to that one......

I agree. It was only Hayden who couldn't name the boyfriend. That doesn't mean others cannot. It would be helpful to know if there is more than one boyfriend. Does anyone know who the boyfriend is on her FB? She looks like her head and his head are on a pillow. Link below.

Leah Croucher

( obviously don't put any names on here but am just wondering when that was taken)
June 2016 it says...

The longer this goes on, the more I think that X has had help from the next generation up from him, parents or uncles/aunts.

X being a married man referred to in MSM article. X must not be named here - his identity was not mentioned in the media, although I am aware that some sleuthers may have suspicions and in regards to my theory, it is irrelevant to me who he is. It is only my opinion that he is responsible for Leah’s disappearance- this has not been suggested by LE. Originally I was thinking sibling or friend possibly helped him deal with a ‘problem’. However, the disappearance has gone on too long, X has been too quiet, Leah has been too well-hidden. Without older next-of-kin being involved in either the actual disappearance or the continued disappearance, I don’t think it could have lasted so long and especially in the circumstances of a Haydon’s death. It has been reported that Leah may have felt attracted to a bad boy type, and she was apparently involved with X for a while so she must have felt some kind of connection so not a serial killer type, for example. He must have liked her enough to continue meeting with her - stringing her along, I mean. I think he has been told to deny the relationship and distance himself from her because it seems to me the natural, twisted thing for him to do would be at least to publicly declare his sympathy.)
What a brilliant post

How do you know he doesn't? Someone may have given him some info. I am sure police know everything that John knows. Sometimes the grapevine is helpful in these cases.

Well, technically the last person to see Leah may hace been involved in her disadisappearance, but they are appealing for information about who she was with at the hotel, so no-one knows.

Well, technically the last person to see Leah may hace been involved in her disadisappearance, but they are appealing for information about who she was with at the hotel, so no-one knows.
ATM the last person to see Leah seems to be the couple at the Premier Inn. Are you thinking about the person she was with earlier in Feb? MR. X? I thought the police knew who he was but maybe I'm confused. Is Mr. X AC?

As I've previously posted, it depends on how a person is named on social media or in the press, though in this case the latter are under reporting restrictions. People are getting very hung up on the fact that J won't be naming a suspect, but that doesn't matter; it's the intent and he says he's not naming the boyfriend but someone hiding information. It is an offence to communicate someone's name on social media if it may cause distress to that person or others who may see a message, fear in the public, and if it can be classed as harrassment.

"Speaking at a police press conference, Mr Croucher said the "selfish person" needed to come forward as the disappearance was "destroying the family".

"I will name him. If the police don't like it, tough. I will name him publicly if he doesn't come forward soon with the information the police need," he said."

Missing Leah Croucher's dad in threat to name man 'hiding information' - BBC News

Snipped quote
As I've previously posted, it depends on how a person is named on social media or in the press, though in this case the latter are under reporting restrictions. People are getting very hung up on the fact that J won't be naming a suspect, but that doesn't matter; it's the intent and he says he's not naming the boyfriend but someone hiding information.
Missing Leah Croucher's dad in threat to name man 'hiding information' - BBC News

BIB One I take it that comment is directed at me, as you have quoted my post. Not sure why me ( and others ) having a different viewpoint to yours means we are getting very hung up

BIB Two - I can't see any reference in the article you have linked that quotes JC as saying he is not naming the boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc