Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steleheart

Reaction score
Police 'working tirelessly' as search for missing Leah Croucher is stepped up

"Leah was last seen by family on Quantock Crescent, Emerson Valley, in Milton Keynes at around 10pm on Thursday (14/2) and was reported missing the next day.

Since the investigation began, a confirmed sighting of Leah was reported on Buzzacott Lane in Furzton, just after 8.15am on Friday (15/2), walking in the direction of Loxbeare Drive and Chaffron Way.

We would urge anyone who was in that area at the same time and may have seen her to get in touch.

Leah is white, of a slim build with below shoulder length brown hair and sometimes wears glasses.

She was last seen dressed in a black coat, skinny black jeans and black Converse high top shoes and was carrying a small black rucksack.

Leah is known to travel on foot through the Furzton area and into Knowlhill."

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few thoughts & ideas, some ideas have already been bought up, but I'd like to add to them and try to understand it from my viewpoint;

On Feb 14th, at around 5:45pm (following the timeline: Missing Leah Croucher, 19, was having affair with engaged man, family reveal | Daily Mail Online) the location setting was turned off. 15 minutes later, Leah returns home.

(According to the following article: Missing from Milton Keynes: Leah Croucher the timeline, everything we know so far) Her location settings has never been turned off before.

So from 5:45 on her way home, her location is switched off. Why? Is it ahead of plan for the 75 minutes where her whereabouts are unknown?

When she arrives home at 6, she leaves after telling her mum she's seeing a friend, which we later learn is a lie. At around 7:15, she returns home.

Not only does she lie about seeing her friends, hours before, her location has been switched off. Simply, this just looks like a well thought out plan IMO.

It's Valentines day, she's clearly not going out for dinner or anything as her choice of clothing on that evening was tracksuit bottoms and a long sleeved top. Choice of clothing just looks like a quick talk somewhere outside or in a car.

She leaves the house on foot. 75 minutes is a long time. I think it would be safe to assume she later went in a car.

I get the impression X called the shots of a while ago. By that, I mean he ended any possible relationships with her.

This is where it gets tricky.

Feb 3rd. Leah books a room at Travelodge. Sexual encounter? Or somewhere to talk? She tells her parents she was going to book a hotel room and have a girlie night with two female friends, drinking alcohol and gossiping, which again we learn is a lie.

Summer 2018, she meets X. She sees him evenings, paying 13 quid to go see him. With that, I get the impression she's smitten with him. But I would assume he would at least pay. Maybe he did, and gave her the money beforehand. How far does 13 quid get you from Milton Keynes via a taxi?

I've vaguely worked out that from Milton Keynes to Wolverton the price is around 12 quid via taxi. Could be entirely unreliable (prices may have changed etc,).

If Leah switches off her Location for her 75 minute encounter hours before in advance, it can only be assumed that she knows what she was doing, which points to the fact that she did not want anyone to know about it. Her intention was to return home after that period of time, which she did.

On both Feb 3rd and Feb 14th she tells her parents she's seeing friends. If Leah voluntarily went missing, then that's rather sloppy. She must know that they would be questioned and it would be revealed she wasn't with them. But these two separate occasions where its thought that she went to see X just show that her intentions were to come back home, which she did. Using her friends as a cover-up to her parents show that they did not think much of him and quite frankly she did not want anyone to find out what she was doing and who she was with.
But I would think that she would tell her friends in advance that she was going out to see someone. If you're using someone to cover you, then you would tell them so they're aware if her parents ask. Leah doesn't do this, which makes me believe she wasn't close with her friends to the extent she could share these things. Perhaps she was and this information hasn't been released.

But the phone location is the thing that confuses me. At 5:45 on her way home it's turned off, 6 she arrives home, she leaves almost immediately after. Simplicity is important, reinstating, it looks thought out, the clear message being, no-one should know where you were from 6 to 7:15. And it worked, we don't know where she was for that time frame.
Did she turn it off herself, or was she told to turn it off ahead of the meeting? If so in both matters, why? There is secrecy, because she does return home, she doesn't go missing then, she goes missing the next day.

Feb 15th, 8am she leaves for work like any other day. She take a small black rucksack. Change of clothes?
8:13am she's seen on CCTV walking along Buzzacott Lane in Furzton. That was the last confirmed sighting of Leah.
8:34am her phone is switched off.
21 minutes since she's seen on CCTV, 34 minutes since she leaves home.

Buzzacott Lane is quite a secluded area with several houses everywhere and no CCTV in sight.

"9.30am - 11.15am: Three different witnesses report seeing a girl matching Leah's description walking by Furzton Lake. She was looking 'visibly upset' and crying while talking on the phone. Police have never been able to say definitely that this was Leah."
Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Buzzacott Lane to around Furzton Lake is 20 minutes by foot. Her last confirmed sighting is on a CCTV at 8:13am.

If we assume that it is Leah, with a 20 minutes time frame to get from last location to the lake would mean that she left wherever she was at around 9am.

Which brings another question, where was Leah from 8:13am to 9am?

9:30 -11:15 again is quite a long time to be walking around a lake seen on a phone by 3 different people. It's clear witness 1 saw her around 9:30, and witness 3 around 11:15, witness 2 saw her somewhere in between.
Furzton Lake is actually quite secluded, quite a narrow walking path. She was waiting for someone here, did they cancel last minute? Might explain the crying and being upset.

So where to from Furzton Lake?

She was involved with X since the Summer of 2018, he was an engaged man.
How naive was Leah?

Supposing AC is X, Leah's brother makes quite a bold statement;
"Was suppose to have court today as I’m attacking Leah’s ex-boyfriend, 27-years-old, married and Muslimwho in our opinion groomed and mistreated her he had mk finest in his name, he *advertiser censored**ed with the wrong people.”
Missing Leah Croucher's brother warned over threats to her married boyfriend after blaming him for her disappearance
Groomed and mistreated is quite a heavy statement to make. Was Leah really that naive or was her brother just exaggerating?

If he did groom her, location services turned off, journeys to him, hotels, hush meetings make sense.
But I find it hard to understand, Leah is 19, despite the books she read and how she's been portrayed by the media, surely she would of differentiated love/grooming/sexually objectified.

If Leah was pregnant, the meeting on Feb 14th could of been the perfect day to let X know. Does he act like its great news and he can't wait?
The following day she's missing. Has X put on a front and got rid of her? The idea of having a baby whilst being married, perhaps also cultural views is utterly horrific in his eyes. Honour killing, therefore more people would of been involved?
But she's crying and upset when being spotted on CCTV by witnesses. Why? is she perhaps talking to X's wife or X himself who suddenly realises in presence of his wife that she must leave him alone. An act again?
What about the phone? Did X give her another phone to contact him on. Untraceable? No evidence of communicating with each other?

It's been a year since she met X, actually being more specific summer of 2018 right up to Feb 2019 is 9 months, why wait that long? She knew he was married, engaged from the get go of meeting him. If anything she found out, or he made it clear. So what was the problem? Did the wife find out? Did Leah threaten to expose him? She has the upper hand if his wife was unaware of his 'affair'. Was he intimidated by this and decided to rid her?

But in both cases, X knew what he was up against. Surely knew that Leah would know that he has a wife, Leah vice versa. Was pregnancy the pushing point?

Or did she find out something else entirely?

I have a few thoughts & ideas, some ideas have already been bought up, but I'd like to add to them and try to understand it from my viewpoint;

On Feb 14th, at around 5:45pm (following the timeline: Missing Leah Croucher, 19, was having affair with engaged man, family reveal | Daily Mail Online) the location setting was turned off. 15 minutes later, Leah returns home.

(According to the following article: Missing from Milton Keynes: Leah Croucher the timeline, everything we know so far) Her location settings has never been turned off before.

So from 5:45 on her way home, her location is switched off. Why? Is it ahead of plan for the 75 minutes where her whereabouts are unknown?

When she arrives home at 6, she leaves after telling her mum she's seeing a friend, which we later learn is a lie. At around 7:15, she returns home.

Not only does she lie about seeing her friends, hours before, her location has been switched off. Simply, this just looks like a well thought out plan IMO.

It's Valentines day, she's clearly not going out for dinner or anything as her choice of clothing on that evening was tracksuit bottoms and a long sleeved top. Choice of clothing just looks like a quick talk somewhere outside or in a car.

She leaves the house on foot. 75 minutes is a long time. I think it would be safe to assume she later went in a car.

I get the impression X called the shots of a while ago. By that, I mean he ended any possible relationships with her.

This is where it gets tricky.

Feb 3rd. Leah books a room at Travelodge. Sexual encounter? Or somewhere to talk? She tells her parents she was going to book a hotel room and have a girlie night with two female friends, drinking alcohol and gossiping, which again we learn is a lie.

Summer 2018, she meets X. She sees him evenings, paying 13 quid to go see him. With that, I get the impression she's smitten with him. But I would assume he would at least pay. Maybe he did, and gave her the money beforehand. How far does 13 quid get you from Milton Keynes via a taxi?

I've vaguely worked out that from Milton Keynes to Wolverton the price is around 12 quid via taxi. Could be entirely unreliable (prices may have changed etc,).

If Leah switches off her Location for her 75 minute encounter hours before in advance, it can only be assumed that she knows what she was doing, which points to the fact that she did not want anyone to know about it. Her intention was to return home after that period of time, which she did.

On both Feb 3rd and Feb 14th she tells her parents she's seeing friends. If Leah voluntarily went missing, then that's rather sloppy. She must know that they would be questioned and it would be revealed she wasn't with them. But these two separate occasions where its thought that she went to see X just show that her intentions were to come back home, which she did. Using her friends as a cover-up to her parents show that they did not think much of him and quite frankly she did not want anyone to find out what she was doing and who she was with.
But I would think that she would tell her friends in advance that she was going out to see someone. If you're using someone to cover you, then you would tell them so they're aware if her parents ask. Leah doesn't do this, which makes me believe she wasn't close with her friends to the extent she could share these things. Perhaps she was and this information hasn't been released.

But the phone location is the thing that confuses me. At 5:45 on her way home it's turned off, 6 she arrives home, she leaves almost immediately after. Simplicity is important, reinstating, it looks thought out, the clear message being, no-one should know where you were from 6 to 7:15. And it worked, we don't know where she was for that time frame.
Did she turn it off herself, or was she told to turn it off ahead of the meeting? If so in both matters, why? There is secrecy, because she does return home, she doesn't go missing then, she goes missing the next day.

Feb 15th, 8am she leaves for work like any other day. She take a small black rucksack. Change of clothes?
8:13am she's seen on CCTV walking along Buzzacott Lane in Furzton. That was the last confirmed sighting of Leah.
8:34am her phone is switched off.
21 minutes since she's seen on CCTV, 34 minutes since she leaves home.

Buzzacott Lane is quite a secluded area with several houses everywhere and no CCTV in sight.

"9.30am - 11.15am: Three different witnesses report seeing a girl matching Leah's description walking by Furzton Lake. She was looking 'visibly upset' and crying while talking on the phone. Police have never been able to say definitely that this was Leah."
Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Buzzacott Lane to around Furzton Lake is 20 minutes by foot. Her last confirmed sighting is on a CCTV at 8:13am.

If we assume that it is Leah, with a 20 minutes time frame to get from last location to the lake would mean that she left wherever she was at around 9am.

Which brings another question, where was Leah from 8:13am to 9am?

9:30 -11:15 again is quite a long time to be walking around a lake seen on a phone by 3 different people. It's clear witness 1 saw her around 9:30, and witness 3 around 11:15, witness 2 saw her somewhere in between.
Furzton Lake is actually quite secluded, quite a narrow walking path. She was waiting for someone here, did they cancel last minute? Might explain the crying and being upset.

So where to from Furzton Lake?

She was involved with X since the Summer of 2018, he was an engaged man.
How naive was Leah?

Supposing AC is X, Leah's brother makes quite a bold statement;
"Was suppose to have court today as I’m attacking Leah’s ex-boyfriend, 27-years-old, married and Muslimwho in our opinion groomed and mistreated her he had mk finest in his name, he *advertiser censored**ed with the wrong people.”
Missing Leah Croucher's brother warned over threats to her married boyfriend after blaming him for her disappearance
Groomed and mistreated is quite a heavy statement to make. Was Leah really that naive or was her brother just exaggerating?

If he did groom her, location services turned off, journeys to him, hotels, hush meetings make sense.
But I find it hard to understand, Leah is 19, despite the books she read and how she's been portrayed by the media, surely she would of differentiated love/grooming/sexually objectified.

If Leah was pregnant, the meeting on Feb 14th could of been the perfect day to let X know. Does he act like its great news and he can't wait?
The following day she's missing. Has X put on a front and got rid of her? The idea of having a baby whilst being married, perhaps also cultural views is utterly horrific in his eyes. Honour killing, therefore more people would of been involved?
But she's crying and upset when being spotted on CCTV by witnesses. Why? is she perhaps talking to X's wife or X himself who suddenly realises in presence of his wife that she must leave him alone. An act again?
What about the phone? Did X give her another phone to contact him on. Untraceable? No evidence of communicating with each other?

It's been a year since she met X, actually being more specific summer of 2018 right up to Feb 2019 is 9 months, why wait that long? She knew he was married, engaged from the get go of meeting him. If anything she found out, or he made it clear. So what was the problem? Did the wife find out? Did Leah threaten to expose him? She has the upper hand if his wife was unaware of his 'affair'. Was he intimidated by this and decided to rid her?

But in both cases, X knew what he was up against. Surely knew that Leah would know that he has a wife, Leah vice versa. Was pregnancy the pushing point?

Or did she find out something else entirely?
Probably one of the best summaries and well thought through that I have read on WS to date. Great post.
@Frivolous

Gosh Frivolous, your post has made me rethink things. If that was Leah at Furzton Lake, she sounded quite upset. I am now getting quite a strong feeling she may have sadly taken her life, although I'm not 100 per cent convinced of that. I don't feel X had physically directly anything to do with her disappearing that day, apart from her state of mind over him.
Joe McCann being released on that day is still at the back of my mind. ..

I do not think Leah has taken her own life or that JoeMcCann has any thing to do with it.
I think in either scenario,Leah's body would have been found by now.
There is one person who should be investigated about what happened to Leah and that is Mr X.

Gosh Frivolous, your post has made me rethink things. If that was Leah at Furzton Lake, she sounded quite upset. I am now getting quite a strong feeling she may have sadly taken her life, although I'm not 100 per cent convinced of that. I don't feel X had physically directly anything to do with her disappearing that day, apart from her state of mind over him.
Joe McCann being released on that day is still at the back of my mind. ..

Yes, clearly visibly distressed which equals a confusing state of mind, which does bring the possibility of suicide. But I'm wavering, reason being, is that the adamancy on Leah's brothers behalf of X being involved, and also the events leading up to her disappearance.

I remember there was a tip from a witness who recalled seeing a jumper similar to the description of Leah's around Bletchley's Blue Lagoon lake. This tip comes in 8 months after Leah's missing. IMO, totally deliberately placed there for whatever reason, either by Leah herself or someone else. I could see it being Leah, she has a bag with her possibly with a spare change of clothes. Does she suddenly realise how distinctive the hoodie is and decided to change to something more subtle? But again, if not Leah, why the jumper and not the coat?

I don't think Joe McCann has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Yes, clearly visibly distressed which equals a confusing state of mind, which does bring the possibility of suicide. But I'm wavering, reason being, is that the adamancy on Leah's brothers behalf of X being involved, and also the events leading up to her disappearance.

I remember there was a tip from a witness who recalled seeing a jumper similar to the description of Leah's around Bletchley's Blue Lagoon lake. This tip comes in 8 months after Leah's missing. IMO, totally deliberately placed there for whatever reason, either by Leah herself or someone else. I could see it being Leah, she has a bag with her possibly with a spare change of clothes. Does she suddenly realise how distinctive the hoodie is and decided to change to something more subtle? But again, if not Leah, why the jumper and not the coat?

I don't think Joe McCann has anything to do with it.
Hi Frivolous, I'm local to this case. Re the hoody sighting, I dont think it was actually confirmed or found, despite searches. If I remember, it was an alleged sighting of it up in a tree overhanging the lake. V strange that the person reported so much later and maybe not surprising that nothing was found.

Speculating on possibilities...

Witness was mistaken
Leah came to harm there and someone removed it. Maybe kids found it and threw it up into the tree.
Leah left it there herself, as a message to someone (her brother?) that she was leaving
Leah harmed herself in that location
Someone dumped it there later realising it was v recognisable

For me, the first and last are most probable.

What I can tell you is that when Haydon took his life, there were many of us here who were shocked to the core and felt we had lost someone we knew.

Utterly tragic, and someone knows the truth.

JMO

Hi Frivolous, I'm local to this case. Re the hoody sighting, I dont think it was actually confirmed or found, despite searches. If I remember, it was an alleged sighting of it up in a tree overhanging the lake. V strange that the person reported so much later and maybe not surprising that nothing was found.

Speculating on possibilities...

Witness was mistaken
Leah came to harm there and someone removed it. Maybe kids found it and threw it up into the tree.
Leah left it there herself, as a message to someone (her brother?) that she was leaving
Leah harmed herself in that location
Someone dumped it there later realising it was v recognisable

For me, the first and last are most probable.

What I can tell you is that when Haydon took his life, there were many of us here who were shocked to the core and felt we had lost someone we knew.

Utterly tragic, and someone knows the truth.

JMO

Point 2 is interesting. The witness calls the tip in October, Haydon sadly takes his life in November.
So if the jumper was a message to him, was that the breaking point for him?
Did he know something? The threats he made to AC were very bold.

Again, pure speculation and only my opinions.

Point 2 is interesting. The witness calls the tip in October, Haydon sadly takes his life in November.
So if the jumper was a message to him, was that the breaking point for him?
Did he know something? The threats he made to AC were very bold.

Again, pure speculation and only my opinions.
Poor Haydon, as you can imagine he intrigued our sleuthing minds at the time. IMO he knew enough about the relationship with Mr X to form a v strong opinion and have a lot of anger. So he definitely knew more than for instance we do. Whatever he knew caused him to end up in Aylesbury crown court, indirectly.

In terms of his own tragic end, again IMO I think it was most likely a combination of grief for his sister, despair at not having answers, frustration that Mr X remained unaccountable (so it seems) and his own mental health issues.

Heartbreaking for his family. There's v little talk locally now, I really hope the case is still being actively worked though.

Poor Haydon, as you can imagine he intrigued our sleuthing minds at the time. IMO he knew enough about the relationship with Mr X to form a v strong opinion and have a lot of anger. So he definitely knew more than for instance we do. Whatever he knew caused him to end up in Aylesbury crown court, indirectly.

In terms of his own tragic end, again IMO I think it was most likely a combination of grief for his sister, despair at not having answers, frustration that Mr X remained unaccountable (so it seems) and his own mental health issues.

Heartbreaking for his family. There's v little talk locally now, I really hope the case is still being actively worked though.

Agreed, thank you for clearing that up.

Being a local, what impressions do you get regarding Leah? I suppose it depends on how you look at the evidence, hickam's or Occam's..

What do the locals suppose has happened also?

Agreed, thank you for clearing that up.

Being a local, what impressions do you get regarding Leah? I suppose it depends on how you look at the evidence, hickam's or Occam's..

What do the locals suppose has happened also?
Locals (using lots of IMOs here!) believe that it was a case of Leah being harmed by someone linked to Mr X, due to something which would have upset the applecart. Leading theory is that she was pregnant and that was not part of the X family plan. That as I say would be the general local opinion.

Initially, I thought she had harmed herself but knowing the area as I do, as time went by and she wasnt found that seemed v unlikely. To me, she had alienated her parents from the truth re the relationship still being ongoing. Her brother was already too angry. Friends she was supposedly with at certain times (but wasnt) seemed to know nothing. If Mr X also abandoned her, I could see her being in despair. I got the impression she was maybe quite young for her age and naive. Hence one reason why Haydon describes "grooming", I think.

Locals (using lots of IMOs here!) believe that it was a case of Leah being harmed by someone linked to Mr X, due to something which would have upset the applecart. Leading theory is that she was pregnant and that was not part of the X family plan. That as I say would be the general local opinion.

Initially, I thought she had harmed herself but knowing the area as I do, as time went by and she wasnt found that seemed v unlikely. To me, she had alienated her parents from the truth re the relationship still being ongoing. Her brother was already too angry. Friends she was supposedly with at certain times (but wasnt) seemed to know nothing. If Mr X also abandoned her, I could see her being in despair. I got the impression she was maybe quite young for her age and naive. Hence one reason why Haydon describes "grooming", I think.

Agreed,
but I'm really struggling with the grooming aspect, I suppose I'm looking at her age and thinking she's much older that intended age range. Perhaps mentality of hers was easy to sway?
and also very surprised friends know nothing, esp as she used them as cover-ups.
Perhaps the idea of being with an older man who was also (engaged/married?) was exciting to her?

Agreed,
but I'm really struggling with the grooming aspect, I suppose I'm looking at her age and thinking she's much older that intended age range. Perhaps mentality of hers was easy to sway?
and also very surprised friends know nothing, esp as she used them as cover-ups.
Perhaps the idea of being with an older man who was also (engaged/married?) was exciting to her?
Yes, it could be.

Honestly, for me I wouldnt think it was grooming in the sense we connect with maybe Rochdale say. Not at all. I think he came in for a bit of stick being older, but really he's not so much older in my mind.

I suspect it was maybe a strong way of saying taken advantage of. In the strung along kind of sense (not unusual in itself!), if that's what he thought.

Yes, it could be.

Honestly, for me I wouldnt think it was grooming in the sense we connect with maybe Rochdale say. Not at all. I think he came in for a bit of stick being older, but really he's not so much older in my mind.

I suspect it was maybe a strong way of saying taken advantage of. In the strung along kind of sense (not unusual in itself!), if that's what he thought.

I totally agree.
I think Mr X saw an opportunity to seduce a young quite naive girl and began to flirt with her at work.
since he was senior to her Leah was probably flattered.
I think Haydon saw his sister become besotted and knew it was a game on Mr X's part.
Rumour has it Mr X was married.Whether his wife was in this country or waiting for a visa to come to the U.K is unknown.
Something happened to make Leah a threat to Mr X.

Completely agree. I don't think Mr X did his own dirty work. Perhaps didn't even sanction it. But maybe a family member was made aware of the situation and neutralised the danger. Perhaps a taxi driver, who knows?

I totally agree.
I think Mr X saw an opportunity to seduce a young quite naive girl and began to flirt with her at work.
since he was senior to her Leah was probably flattered.
I think Haydon saw his sister become besotted and knew it was a game on Mr X's part.
Rumour has it Mr X was married.Whether his wife was in this country or waiting for a visa to come to the U.K is unknown.
Something happened to make Leah a threat to Mr X.
rbbm.
Speculation, imo. thoughts at the moment..

-H.D threatened X.
- LC was pregnant and/or she became infected w vd ?
-LC threatened to reveal to (LE, immigration?) something she learned about x or his associates.

Re the hoody sighting, I dont think it was actually confirmed or found, despite searches. If I remember, it was an alleged sighting of it up in a tree overhanging the lake. V strange that the person reported so much later and maybe not surprising that nothing was found.

Since nothing was confirmed, my guess is that it was either no longer there, or it was retrieved and found not to be Leah's. I doubt that would be reported, negative findings rarely are.

A few random musings:-
Turning off the location services - was someone tracking her phone in real time? I get the feeling people think that she turned off the location services so her parents wouldn’t know what she was doing, but this makes no sense to me. I have a daughter Leah’s age, who seems quite similar to Leah in that she’s a homebody, not a great one for going out or socialising, casual dresser, even has similar hair. It would never occur to me to check her phone, track her, or scrutinise her movements. She’s an adult and if she said “I’m going out for a bit” I’d say “ok see you later”. It seems odd to me that people seem to assume that Leah’s parents would know every detail of every minute of her day; why would they? She’s a perfectly normal, nice young woman with a full time job, and as such I imagine they trusted her to just get on with life. Which brings me back to the feeling that someone else (X?) was tracking her, and she switched it off so that he wouldn’t know where she was.

This quote from HC - “he had mk finest in his name, he *advertiser censored**ed with the wrong people” - what does it actually mean? Who is “MK’s finest”? Who are the “wrong people“ that he f’ed with? Has that been explained anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro