Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading the TVP statement. Is this usual to express thanks?
“The call from the member of the public that we received on Monday was the first occasion that we were alerted to this address, and we thank them for contacting us immediately to report their concerns.

In which case what would 'alert' a member of the public to raise concerns if they are unconnected and therefore thanked?
The word immediately doesn't imply someone knew something and came forward, it implies something has happened on Monday and has been reported then.

If it was a tip off would TVP publically 'thank' them?

Alternatively, I'm trying to discreetly is, what if they watched a very topical Netflix series recently, and then recalled a house they'd maybe 'smelt' a smell as they passed by and then years later after seeing said netflix series thought about reporting it?

What other scenarios could have brought about this call? Do we know if they called the Leah incident line or police in general, who attended and then realised a link with leah?

Letting agent getting access? Service contractor- gas, water? postal person saw something through letterbox? complete fluke?
Agree.
I was thinking maybe a contractor or tradesman had been employed to do some work in the house and they’d noticed something odd and reported it. Or indeed, smelt a smell.

Very sad discovery. It's the end of hope for Leah's family, friends and followers of her case but thank God a member of the public has solved where she was, because the police here appeared to be getting nowhere, in spite of strong information about Leah's personal life pointing in a particular direction.

Of course the house is close to her work route so possible random abduction, but I still lean towards a connection to Mr X. I'm not a local so I don't know if he is of Kuwaiti heritage but I agree with Kaykedi, the Daily Mail is possibly hinting. As our US friends say, it's "slam dunk" evidence if a body is found on land or property that the perpetrator(s) has a connection to.

The question now is, can the police find the potential suspect(s) or did their concealment give them enough time to flee? I realise it would have been hard to delay the news of Leah's (presumed) remains being found but I would have hoped that certain persons' locations would have been pinned down before they started announcing it.
Sorry to say not expecting lightning arrests from this police force but would be very happy to be proved wrong.
They would not have to be Kuwaiti nationals though

I have never been to Kuwait but have been to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar extensively and 90% of people there are Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi, hardly ever see an emirati so this could be the case here, an Indian or muslim family living in the UK but working out of Kuwait

any theories on the member of publics disclosure?

was it someone who 'knew' all along
or someone finding the items by chance/ How likely was it that someone found a rucksack and traced it to Leah? unless her name was within i would just assume it had been abandoned/lost. The finding of human remains sounds like they were found on later close inspection of the area

Sounds like chance to me. Possibly someone visiting the house in some kind of professional capacity. Letting agent, estate agent for a valuation,maybe?
MOO

Just remembered this… did Leah stop off at no2 on the way home from work the previous day?

5.45pm. Leah walks home from work. Strangely, the location settings on her Samsung phone were switched off in the Furzton Lake area. Nobody knows why. It could be that she was downloading another app that disabled them. But the mobile phone company has confirmed Leah had never turned off her location settings before.

Can someone explain as to why Mr.X was never named publicly. If he had a relationship with LC and subsequently she went missing, why is this information not allowed to be made public?

Only thing I ever found was "legal reasons" - I wonder if there is a super-injunction or something similar?

They would not have to be Kuwaiti nationals though

I have never been to Kuwait but have been to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar extensively and 90% of people there are Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi, hardly ever see an emirati so this could be the case here, an Indian or muslim family living in the UK but working out of Kuwait

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say Mr. X is of Pakistani heritage......MOO

Can someone explain as to why Mr.X was never named publicly. If he had a relationship with LC and subsequently she went missing, why is this information not allowed to be made public?
First of all, there's this:

From the above:

They have spent 13 months urging police to speak to a key person in Leah's life at the time of her disappearance - and older man she seemed to be romantically involved with.

But the man, who was engaged to be married before Leah vanished, has since denied they were in a relationship.

Then This:

From the above:

But police will not discuss Mr X, who has denied his relationship with Leah was any more than friendship - or any other named individual. They have disclosed previously, however, that nobody has ever been arrested or interviewed as a suspect since the case began.

"We do not have any information or evidence that would suggest there is anyone with the means or inclination to support her that way," says DCI Howard.

"There is no information at the moment that Leah has been a victim of crime or that anyone else was involved in her disappearance."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1