Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whaaat? He only got a 12 month sentence for raping a girl under 16??

It beggars belief he was let out so many times just to commit the same offences over and over again.

The law in this country is seriously flawed when it comes to sentencing sex offenders.

I thought they had to go through some sort of rehab programme if they were a SO?
My father in law has recently been accused and I believe charged with historical child sex offences, have the police told us this? No, course not. Small town rumour won over and we found out. That very day 3rd August I filled out the scottish equivalent of Sarah's law, have heard NOTHING over 2 months later except a call asking who I had heard it from which felt REALLY blamey in nature.

I would NEVER have believed it until it happened to us, do they want to protect my kids or just tick a box? I know what I believe now and I am VERY pro police. There's very little justice in this country, and sadly we don't have the means to track sex offenders location like our American friends.

And while I'm on a rant about sex offenders,

Local window cleaner in court last month for sex offences(rape I believe), saw him up the very busy town this morning cleaning business windows. Funnily enough though, he's removed his name tags from his van. Fancy that! Nickname creepy Colin has and always will served him well.

Oh I hadn't seen that, which means that no.4 was the only real place where witnesses would be likely to see anything. If they left for work earlier than 8:30 which is common, even internal driven commuting in MK can take some time in my experience, then there's a good possibility no one was there to see anything.
As previously mentioned there is a public Bus stop exactly opposite number 4. And it is not correct that number 13 is opposite. Opposite is a open plot of grass set aside for a health related building.
Calculating walking times from Google does not work very well, a year or so ago I walked three routes that Leah may have taken to work and two different speeds, and the same time of day she left for work. None of them were the same as Google had calculated.
Hope some of this helps.

Ultimately the person in charge should take responsibility for the failure to check addresses. They were never able to place Leah out of her route to work that day. So logic and systematic, targeted thinking suggests that that relatively small area held the answers. And properties empty at the time in a built-up area are logically somewhere where her body might have been. This happens all the time in US cases. Why not run through the area with a human remains dog, you could have got right up to this house, I imagine it would have been quite likely that a good cadaver dog would have detected something even outside the house. This wouldn't have taken a lot of time or resources surely.
I'll keep saying it. They had no reason to believe she was in any house. Thinking about it logically her route is surrounded by roads, it is far more likely, even with foul play that she was taken in a vehicle, or got into a vehicle of her own free will at any point.

As people including me have said, hindsight clouds everything.

Also if humans were in the house circa 6 months after the murder and didn't smell/see anything it would suggest the body was well sealed in.

In terms of time and resources, when do you suggest cadaver dogs be involved, weeks, months, a year after she went missing... keep going back hoping to find something?

It's upsetting, sad and tragic but focus your anger where it belongs.... tye perpetrator(s) not the people who go through hell, see things you can't even imagine and risk their lives to keep everyone else safe. There will be noone beating themselves up harder this week than those police in cgarge/investigating, rerunning every decision, thought, idea they had over the years. Maybe we should be thanking them rather than *advertiser censored* on their efforts with no real knowledge or understanding of the lengths they go to daily in cases like this.

Please forgive any errors, on mobile and ranting aren't a good mix

As previously mentioned there is a public Bus stop exactly opposite number 4. And it is not correct that number 13 is opposite. Opposite is a open plot of grass set aside for a health related building.
Calculating walking times from Google does not work very well, a year or so ago I walked three routes that Leah may have taken to work and two different speeds, and the same time of day she left for work. None of them were the same as Google had calculated.
Hope some of this helps.
I've seen the bus stop, at that time of the morning whats the frequency of buses through there?

I'd initially said 13 was kind of opposite at an odd angle and would have a limited view die to distance/angle.

Regardless of all of this, it takes a second to push her through the front door once you've lured her towards the house/garage. If his car/van is parked on the drive the the limited visibility from the road would only be increased. She could have been called over and out of sight in seconds. I think people assume these kind of altercations are big scuffles, noisy etc. They're not always, they van be quiet, quick and subtle for a well prepared and experienced offender

Not necessarily bizarre. It could easily be that the neighbour was collecting the mail for the owner, had a huge pile of mail from that address with tons of different names, and only sifted through to look for that name once it was announced.

I used to collect a neighbour's mail and it would have many names from previous tenants amongst them. I wouldnt have thought anything of it but of course the moment a name is announced it would make sense to check the pile.
The person I spoke to before he handed the letter to the officer gave them his name and that he only moved to Furzton a year ago. He has never before received any correspondence addressed to a Neil Maxwell, which was wrongly addressed, by those seeking payment of the outstanding fine to his house, and only opened the envelop that arrived, by coincidence today, after he saw the news on his phone that a person with the same name was named as a suspect. Otherwise he would have returned it to the Postman marked Not known at my address.
Sorry I didnt manage to get a photo of the Document but felt I did well to happen to be getting into my car when he arrived and he approached me asking what he should do with a letter addressed to the person just named as a suspect.

And before you all go running around thinking is is all too much of a coincidence, thats often what is needed when crimes are solved.

The person I spoke to before he handed the letter to the officer gave them his name and that he only moved to Furzton a year ago. He has never before received any correspondence addressed to a Neil Maxwell, which was wrongly addressed, by those seeking payment of the outstanding fine to his house, and only opened the envelop that arrived, by coincidence today, after he saw the news on his phone that a person with the same name was named as a suspect. Otherwise he would have returned it to the Postman marked Not known at my address.
Sorry I didnt manage to get a photo of the Document but felt I did well to happen to be getting into my car when he arrived and he approached me asking what he should do with a letter addressed to the person just named as a suspect.

And before you all go running around thinking is is all too much of a coincidence, thats often what is needed when crimes are solved.
It's weird man.

*correction - during the press conference* mentioning the name, this guy remembers he received the letter incorrectly, which he'd happened to open today and whips it over to the police.

There are a few coincidences too many in there for me... will be happy to eat my hat if it's legit.

Edit - Corrected a timing issue

I've seen the bus stop, at that time of the morning whats the frequency of buses through there?

I'd initially said 13 was kind of opposite at an odd angle and would have a limited view die to distance/angle.

Regardless of all of this, it takes a second to push her through the front door once you've lured her towards the house/garage. If his car/van is parked on the drive the the limited visibility from the road would only be increased. She could have been called over and out of sight in seconds. I think people assume these kind of altercations are big scuffles, noisy etc. They're not always, they van be quiet, quick and subtle for a well prepared and experienced offender
Hi Whilst I agree with much of your comment. I have said before that if he decided to abduct her it would be safer to do it when she was returning from work when it was dark. It was very risky to attemptat a busy time of day in broad daylight. So possible abducted in car park area and only taken into the house/garage when dark. JMO But people who do such things do not always plan in detail. Not sure how LE will be able to resolve all the unanswered questions. I wish them well.

I'm certainly not doubting you Lineofduty, but I'm still baffled by this.

A debt collection/parking ticket letter sent to a neighbouring house suggests that he registered the car to either number 2 LD or the address where it was sent. The information to issue the letters is taken from the DVLA database iirc. If this is what happened, TVP have a lot of explaining as to how they overlooked a known and wanted sex offender, with 2 LD as a registered keeper address and didn't think to join the dots.

Hi Whilst I agree with much of your comment. I have said before that if he decided to abduct her it would be safer to do it when she was returning from work when it was dark. It was very risky to attemptat a busy time of day in broad daylight. So possible abducted in car park area and only taken into the house/garage when dark. JMO But people who do such things do not always plan in detail. Not sure how LE will be able to resolve all the unanswered questions. I wish them well.
I totally get it, but we have to remember we are not discussing a rational person. The risk vs. reward (sickening name for it but it is what it is) calculations in his head are likely to be far different from a reasonable person.

We will never know what was going through his mind that day, maybe it's possible he had been planning to do this in the evening after dark but she had taken different routes and he hadn't seen her, so come the 15th he see's her in the morning and takes his opportunity while he has it.

Your point is equally valid, but taking her from somewhere else, and bringing her back to the scene opens up more unknown variables, no matter how secluded an area there could be people, he could get pulled over with her in the car, anything.
My belief in the waiting for him to come past, is simply that it makes the most sense from a control perspective, he has full control of the location, all he has to do is get her close enough to the garage for example, which I have said already is as simple as preying on common human good nature - maybe ask for her help with something and lead her to the garage, enclosed and away from witnesses, if he's walking in behind her then it's horrifyingly simple from there.

It's weird man.

*correction - during the press conference* mentioning the name, this guy remembers he received the letter incorrectly, which he'd happened to open today and whips it over to the police.

There are a few coincidences too many in there for me... will be happy to eat my hat if it's legit.

Edit - Corrected a timing issue
He handed the document to the Police who phoned it in and copied it and then asked if he wanted it back. He said no.
I hope you are hungry...Ha ha No offence.Musnt alway suspect people who are trying to help, otherwise many of us would be under suspicion

I'm certainly not doubting you Lineofduty, but I'm still baffled by this.

A debt collection/parking ticket letter sent to a neighbouring house suggests that he registered the car to either number 2 LD or the address where it was sent. The information to issue the letters is taken from the DVLA database iirc. If this is what happened, TVP have a lot of explaining as to how they overlooked a known and wanted sex offender, with 2 LD as a registered keeper address and didn't think to join the dots.
This doesn't add up at all, why would he register it to a place he is working on. I know the criminal mind isn't the most sensible place to look but surely this is beyond stupid for someone who is on the run and knows they are actively being hunted by the police country-wide. I just can't make it make sense.

Given his history, I don't think this guy gave a toss about it being broad daylight. Was probably some twisted part of the appeal for him.

Has anyone found out what courts he was sentenced in for previous convictions by any chance?

I totally get it, but we have to remember we are not discussing a rational person. The risk vs. reward (sickening name for it but it is what it is) calculations in his head are likely to be far different from a reasonable person.

We will never know what was going through his mind that day, maybe it's possible he had been planning to do this in the evening after dark but she had taken different routes and he hadn't seen her, so come the 15th he see's her in the morning and takes his opportunity while he has it.

Your point is equally valid, but taking her from somewhere else, and bringing her back to the scene opens up more unknown variables, no matter how secluded an area there could be people, he could get pulled over with her in the car, anything.
My belief in the waiting for him to come past, is simply that it makes the most sense from a control perspective, he has full control of the location, all he has to do is get her close enough to the garage for example, which I have said already is as simple as preying on common human good nature - maybe ask for her help with something and lead her to the garage, enclosed and away from witnesses, if he's walking in behind her then it's horrifyingly simple from there.
Agreed who can see into the mind of such a person.

He handed the document to the Police who phoned it in and copied it and then asked if he wanted it back. He said no.
I hope you are hungry...Ha ha No offence.Musnt alway suspect people who are trying to help, otherwise many of us would be under suspicion
The police asked if he wanted it back.

No - F'ing way man, just no f'ing way. There is nothing about offering it back to him that would be deemed vaguely appropriate by anyone close to a murder investigation, that letter is bagged and given to detectives, not copied and handed back.

The letter was chasing a parking fine from 2018, not a letter received in 2018. It is possible that they were asked to collect the mail well after the crime.

ETA: I think the whole letter story is nonsense, it either never happened or something very strange is going on.
Not happy about your reply. I witnessed this event, the letter he handed to the police addressed to Neil Maxell was time stamped today......

Wow that's absolutely wild isn't it! Doesn't the universe move bizarrely. Thanks for sharing.

Not happy about your reply. I witnessed this event, the letter he handed to the police addressed to Neil Maxell was time stamped today......
You don't have to be happy with it.

There is nothing in anything you've said about the events that I find believable, especially the offer of giving the letter back, not addressed to the person, addressed to a murder suspect, potentially mis-delivered to him, at the crime scene, just no.

This doesn't add up at all, why would he register it to a place he is working on. I know the criminal mind isn't the most sensible place to look but surely this is beyond stupid for someone who is on the run and knows they are actively being hunted by the police country-wide. I just can't make it make sense
DBM - Question was already answered

Wild! Could it be a family car which was left at the address which they gave him access to as an employee? The truck in the GE pics?
Hence the connection to the address of him as the driver of the vehicle (not necessarily the owner) but then why delivered to a neighbour?? Sooo many questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member