Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a democracy it’s perfectly legitimate to question public authorities, especially the police who hold such huge powers and responsibilities. We have to do it with some intelligence and respect for the hard work they do, but we are absolutely well within our rights to ask difficult questions of any police force in the land.
I totally agree, but this has to be done in a fair and reasoned way otherwise nothing is ever accomplished.

No post office stamped
So post marked today? 14/10/22

Because post is stamped as it enters the postal system. We've had weeks of postal strikes, I'm local and we've had a delay of two weeks on some items coming through the Bletchley delivery office which I believe covers Furzton aswell.

Unfortunately, cases like this will often attract people with an ulterior motive, whatever that is, and I can't help but think that this letter wasn't as legit as maybe it seemed. I'm quite happy to be proved wrong, and we may never know, but my first instinct wouldn't be to find the nearest random person to ask what I should do with it, jeez, I wouldn't even approach the scene, especially with the amount of press circling around. I know LoD has said that there was no press, but the man had no way of knowing that.

So post marked today? 14/10/22

Because post is stamped as it enters the postal system. We've had weeks of postal strikes, I'm local and we've had a delay of two weeks on some items coming through the Bletchley delivery office which I believe covers Furzton aswell.
It is true to guy said to the police look its postmarked today. I could not see the document myself, wish I had I would have tried to take a photo but certainly the WPC was interested and went inside the tent to discuss with a colleague and copy it. I would have thought it came from a dept collecting agency who deals with whichever car park he was in when he recieved the ticket. The only aspect of interest for me was it lets the police know a particular vehicle he was driving at that time. So I was not able to see the documents but he told me what it was about and i stood next to him as he then showed it to the police and explained he recieved it today and said your can see its date stamped today.
If I can find out where he lives I will see if he will allow me to photo the documents. By the way I live in Furzton and our postman is not on strike and seems to be delivering every day. Mainly mail shots we do not want!

The person I spoke to before he handed the letter to the officer gave them his name and that he only moved to Furzton a year ago. He has never before received any correspondence addressed to a Neil Maxwell, which was wrongly addressed, by those seeking payment of the outstanding fine to his house, and only opened the envelop that arrived, by coincidence today, after he saw the news on his phone that a person with the same name was named as a suspect. Otherwise he would have returned it to the Postman marked Not known at my address.
Sorry I didnt manage to get a photo of the Document but felt I did well to happen to be getting into my car when he arrived and he approached me asking what he should do with a letter addressed to the person just named as a suspect.

And before you all go running around thinking is is all too much of a coincidence, thats often what is needed when crimes are solved.
I'm not doubting you LOD. All I commented earlier was that it was confusing why it went to a different house. This whole case is confusing.

Adding onto this, were the locks changed after previous tenants left?
I don't think that has been discussed, but I would imagine not. If the owners were coming back periodically I don't think they would want to have to collect new keys each year.

It's the kind of thing you take on trust, especially when you use a management agent, you expect them to do background checks on tenants and their workers.

Thanks. I found the reaction to an issue actual witnessed a reminder of how easily it is to go down blind allys when trying to understand things that happen.
Logic does not always work. I will now waste a lot of time trying to get a copy of the document if i can find out exactly which house he lives in. Maybe my postman can help me?
Thanks

I don't think that has been discussed, but I would imagine not. If the owners were coming back periodically I don't think they would want to have to collect new keys each year.

It's the kind of thing you take on trust, especially when you use a management agent, you expect them to do background checks on tenants and their workers.
So, realistically, TVP cannot guarantee that he was the only one with access to a key if the locks weren't changed between tenants. It's already been stated that previous tenants included a "family" (with the paedophile son) who would've had at least three keys - one for mum, one for dad, one for son. Plus the homeowner, plus the letting agent. As I said previously, anyone can get further keys cut.

Agreed, this kind of case and press coverage brings out all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons, sometimes not the best ones.
My thoughts are on the contrary, the neighbour knew the name and wanted to try and help in an indirect way? Of course complete speculation. All IMO. Very very complicated situation which I really hope the police have much more evidence than we know

Thanks. I found the reaction to an issue actual witnessed a reminder of how easily it is to go down blind allys when trying to understand things that happen.
Logic does not always work. I will now waste a lot of time trying to get a copy of the document if i can find out exactly which house he lives in. Maybe my postman can help me?
Thanks
If the document has now been turned over to TVP, as infuriating as it is to prove or disprove things, it's probably best to leave it with them for concern of jeopardising it's potential use. Although, didn't you state that he was asked if he wanted it back and he said no?

So, realistically, TVP cannot guarantee that he was the only one with access to a key if the locks weren't changed between tenants. It's already been stated that previous tenants included a "family" (with the paedophile son) who would've had at least three keys - one for mum, one for dad, one for son. Plus the homeowner, plus the letting agent. As I said previously, anyone can get further keys cut.
Depending on the lock and I have no idea what lock is on that door you may need the certificate for the lock to get keys cut but, I have them for my front door and the locksmiths wont cut new keys unless I have them.
Your point is valid though, there are many scenarios where there are multiple people with access to the keys, if there's a key safe complacency on changing codes is always a risk and old tenants may have keys. Again the management agents I have used will always change the locks if a tenant doesn't return all sets of keys or loses a set... notwithstanding them getting additional sets cut - the only thing stopping them would be a lock that requires certs or a line in the contract telling them not to do so.

Thank you for posting.

Summary from article above......

2001 12-month prison sentence for the 1998 rape of a girl under 16
2002 jailed for a futher four years for three similar offences.
2009 jailed for four years and 10 months for the rape of a woman in Datchett
Further convictions for sexual activity with a child
2016 he was accused of assaulting a 12-year-old girl but the case dropped before reaching court.
February 2018 he was given a community order .

Do you have a date in 2009 NM was jailed? It's just Claudia Lawrence went missing early morning on the way to work and her father reported her missing on 20 March 2009.

If the document has now been turned over to TVP, as infuriating as it is to prove or disprove things, it's probably best to leave it with them for concern of jeopardising it's potential use. Although, didn't you state that he was asked if he wanted it back and he said no?
Yes thats true but they continued talking and I felt I was outstaying my time listening. Perhaps surprised the officer did not ask who I was, probably thought I was a friend.

Depending on the lock and I have no idea what lock is on that door you may need the certificate for the lock to get keys cut but, I have them for my front door and the locksmiths wont cut new keys unless I have them.
Your point is valid though, there are many scenarios where there are multiple people with access to the keys, if there's a key safe complacency on changing codes is always a risk and old tenants may have keys. Again the management agents I have used will always change the locks if a tenant doesn't return all sets of keys or loses a set... notwithstanding them getting additional sets cut - the only thing stopping them would be a lock that requires certs or a line in the contract telling them not to do so.
Has anyone identified where the police got the CCTV of the estate agents entering followed later by a tradesman with a ladder. Clearly overwritten by now but LE said they had checked all CCTV on her routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump