Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes thats true but they continued talking and I felt I was outstaying my time listening. Perhaps surprised the officer did not ask who I was, probably thought I was a friend.
Also to note I often have todays date incorrect and am a day or two behind with what the date is today.

Has anyone identified where the police got the CCTV of the estate agents entering followed later by a tradesman with a ladder. Clearly overwritten by now but LE said they had checked all CCTV on her routes.
My assumption was it was referring to this Monday and from Number 4 as they had cctv fitted following the disappearance of Leah.

Has anyone identified where the police got the CCTV of the estate agents entering followed later by a tradesman with a ladder. Clearly overwritten by now but LE said they had checked all CCTV on her routes.

It's reported in this article. No indication of whether the CCTV was present at the time of LC's murder or installed afterwards.

My assumption was it was referring to this Monday and from Number 4 as they had cctv fitted following the disappearance of Leah.
This is how I read it also, it was in MSM that the neighbour had CCTV of the estate agents arriving, calling someone, someone arriving with a ladder and entering before police descended on the place.

Ah you are right. Too many threads to check out re phones/routes/diversions that may have taken us off track plus are we going to be able to help from this moment onwards. Lets assume LE have his DNA and or Prints and can prove his involvement. Cant help thinking there are some other undisclosed issues here while they get evidence that he and only he was the murderer. Complex etc etc.

Hi Whilst I agree with much of your comment. I have said before that if he decided to abduct her it would be safer to do it when she was returning from work when it was dark. It was very risky to attemptat a busy time of day in broad daylight. So possible abducted in car park area and only taken into the house/garage when dark. JMO But people who do such things do not always plan in detail. Not sure how LE will be able to resolve all the unanswered questions. I wish them well.
I agree. Don't think she was taken right outside of the house.

You could contend that any criminal act commited by any person on any other person is an act of control (or taking advantage of.). If he tied her up for a lengthy period down in a basement, this is more about control. If he did it purely for rape, it's more likely opportunistic, sexual gratification. For the murder, If he tortured her over a lengthy period, more likely control. In this case it was probably impulsive and most likely because she posed an immediate threat to his freedom.
Psychologist often talk of control and I believe obviously there is an element of that but most of the time I feel it is just a means to an end to make things easier to satisfy there ultimate goals, what I mean is I don't believed many actually do things solely or mainly for control it's just the acts themselves seemingly make it appear that way by there very nature, most of the time I believe the control element is second in their mind.. just an opinion from someone who seems to think differently to most..

Hang on, thinking about this objectively surely one of the neighbours had to have had a key? What if, just supposing, you had a shocking phone call from UK Police to say a body is found in your house. They are quizzing you about keys. You might panic and say just one person and forget that years ago you gave a key to a neighbour. All hypothetical of course but just supposing. Just wondering if all the neighbours from 2019 have been thoroughly quizzed. JMO MOO I don't think we can openly discuss who the neighbours were in 2019.

It's reported in this article. No indication of whether the CCTV was present at the time of LC's murder or installed afterwards.

I have covered this before, the CCTV was installed after her murder and most likely by new owners who brought it in 2019 after her death, the camera points left so if it caught it would not show where the Toyota was parked or their front door. There were no cameras at 13 in 2019 to my knowledge and even if there are any there now they would be pointing in another direction, opposite the house are bushes and grass area so if she came from grass area via path / furzton lake this would not be on CCTV in or near the house, even today, let alone back in 2019.

Last edited:
Don't think this has been posted before, but just found a local news article. Not much info but a few details about the nature of one of NM's previous assaults in Datchet. The incident happened at 'an address' in the town.

H
Hang on, thinking about this objectively surely one of the neighbours had to have had a key? What if, just supposing, you had a shocking phone call from UK Police to say a body is found in your house. They are quizzing you about keys. You might panic and say just one person and forget that years ago you gave a key to a neighbour. All hypothetical of course but just supposing. Just wondering if all the neighbours from 2019 have been thoroughly quizzed. JMO MOO I don't think we can openly discuss who the neighbours were in 2019.
How do you know Neil didn't cut keys and give them to people??? He could have used some correspondence in the house to obtain one.

Last edited:
Right this doesn’t sit with me. Some neighbours are giving their stories to the press saying empty house never searched blah blah, why then didn’t they tell the door knockers the house was unoccupied as for sure if had the same door knock I’d have pointed out all the houses which were normally empty at the time

Do you have a date in 2009 NM was jailed? It's just Claudia Lawrence went missing early morning on the way to work and her father reported her missing on 20 March 2009.
Sentenced June 2009, and she was 35, so unlikely. Too old for his MO. He was most likely on remand for some time before this, I'm unsure of his arrest date. Offense occured New Year 2008/09. I'm just wondering with his photo plastered all over the media if other women, particularly those who reported their sexual assaults to police will identify him and come forward to close case.

Last edited:
Right this doesn’t sit with me. Some neighbours are giving their stories to the press saying empty house never searched blah blah, why then didn’t they tell the door knockers the house was unoccupied as for sure if had the same door knock I’d have pointed out all the houses which were normally empty at the time
They really can't go kicking in doors to search houses without good reason, if they had searched every other house in the area a point might need to be made but although I'm sure they did house to house and maybe a quick nosey in gardens I would say no houses were searched properly and unfortunately there was no real evidence to point to the scenario for them to have a reason to do so, Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

They really can't go kicking in doors to search houses without good reason, if they had searched every other house in the area a point might need to be made but although I'm sure they did house to house and maybe a quick nosey in gardens I would say no houses were searched properly and unfortunately there was no real evidence to point to the scenario for them to have a reason to do so, Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
BBM - The reason everyone is suddenly asking why houses weren't searched.

Because now there was a reason to search them at the time, be interested to know how many people were asking for this to happen before the start of this week.

Oh absolutely not suggesting any kind of extensive search should have taken place but maybe a property of interest flag.
My point was more the neighbours panning the police over it who clearly know it was a door knock with no valid reason to enter and could’ve offered that info rather than a blanket criticism

Jill Davey, who lives close to the house, said: 'Leah used to walk past the house every day. I would see her walking to work.

'It just sickens me... The police were meant to have searched all the houses around here, but they obviously didn't do their job properly.

What’s everyone’s final thoughts/general consensus on today’s developments then? I still really don’t know what to think
I think that there is a plausible suspect and that's all really. It's still early, this guy is still just a suspect, until the forensic testing is complete we can't know if it was even him, it's the most plausible scenario as of right now and the police wouldn't have given out his name unless they were 99%.

More details will come out, no firm answers or resolutions will be found and it will be closed off with multiple unanswerable questions being asked into the ether.

Final thoughts, are as they have always been, with the family and friends of a young woman, taken too soon. Hopefully they will be able to find some peace in not having to wonder if she is out there. This will bring closure, whatever that means and they can try to rebuild their lives.

It is true to guy said to the police look its postmarked today. I could not see the document myself, wish I had I would have tried to take a photo but certainly the WPC was interested and went inside the tent to discuss with a colleague and copy it. I would have thought it came from a dept collecting agency who deals with whichever car park he was in when he recieved the ticket. The only aspect of interest for me was it lets the police know a particular vehicle he was driving at that time. So I was not able to see the documents but he told me what it was about and i stood next to him as he then showed it to the police and explained he recieved it today and said your can see its date stamped today.
If I can find out where he lives I will see if he will allow me to photo the documents. By the way I live in Furzton and our postman is not on strike and seems to be delivering every day. Mainly mail shots we do not want!
I thought you said the guy gave the documents to the police? In which case how can you ask him to photograph them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump