Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see Thames Valley Police today coming out yet again with their "we found no connection between Leah Croucher's disappearance and Neil Maxwell" nonsense. No - NO - you did not catch an exceptionally dangerous predator, that's on your watch. And that is the question that every investigation should be asking. Of course TVP didn't find a connection - there wasn't an obvious one - but that IS NOT THE POINT; if they'd done their job in finding NM more effectively, he wouldn't have been there to hurt LC.

I will be writing a similar letter to this to my MP, who is a Milton Keynes MP. Not that it'll make much difference.
I don't think it's fair to blame Thames Valley Police exclusively for failure to arrest Maxwell. It's been made clear that he was travelling all over the country - as far as Scotland - in his efforts to evade arrest. Other forces would have been involved in the failed attempts to catch him.

If the owner of the property was overseas and NM self employed then surely he was being paid straight into a bank account (as the owner was not present in this country to physically give him cash) and if he worked via an agency and they paid him cash would they have his real name on record while working for them? Most jobs/agencies at least require ID when taking on new staff. I imagine it can't be easy to set up a bank account in a fake name also so if it was under his real name would police have been keeping an eye on his bank accounts/statements to check his movements? Are they are able to or allowed to do this?

The police seem very reluctant to release any further info but keep churning out that they tried to arrest him 18 times, I'm sorry but alot still really is not adding up about it. IMO the police don't want to admit if they had got him off the streets sooner then Leah would still be here.

If you watch the ITV news link upthread it states he's been arrested and in prison for up to 7 SA offences 3 of which include raping 3 children! Why the hell was he even out on the streets to commit the SA in new Pagnell let alone what he has allegedly done to Leah!?

I don't think it's fair to blame Thames Valley Police exclusively for failure to arrest Maxwell. It's been made clear that he was travelling all over the country - as far as Scotland - in his efforts to evade arrest. Other forces would have been involved in the failed attempts to catch him.
and yet, there he was right under their noses in MK from at least February until his death in April. I'm afraid, I don't hold much faith in what the police say. You can reach scotland from MK in about 6 hours, so it could feasibly has been a day trip :)

If the owner of the property was overseas and NM self employed then surely he was being paid straight into a bank account (as the owner was not present in this country to physically give him cash) and if he worked via an agency and they paid him cash would they have his real name on record while working for them? Most jobs/agencies at least require ID when taking on new staff. I imagine it can't be easy to set up a bank account in a fake name also so if it was under his real name would police have been keeping an eye on his bank accounts/statements to check his movements? Are they are able to or allowed to do this?

The police seem very reluctant to release any further info but keep churning out that they tried to arrest him 18 times, I'm sorry but alot still really is not adding up about it. IMO the police don't want to admit if they had got him off the streets sooner then Leah would still be here.

If you watch the ITV news link upthread it states he's been arrested and in prison for up to 7 SA offences 3 of which include raping 3 children! Why the hell was he even out on the streets to commit the SA in new Pagnell let alone what he has allegedly done to Leah!?
I agree Holly, look at his record:

The BBC understands Maxwell's offending began in 1998 when he raped a child. He was jailed and put on the sex offenders' register.

In 2002, he was jailed for four years after being convicted of three sex offences against a girl under the age of 16 and for failing to notify police of a change of name/address.

In 2009, Maxwell admitted raping a woman in Datchet, Berkshire, and was sentenced to four years and 10 months in prison.

A year later, Maxwell pleaded guilty to sexual activity with a child and received a six-month sentence, to be served concurrently with the previous sentence.

In February 2018, he pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a woman in Milton Keynes and was sentenced to 200 hours of community service after serving time on remand.

The problem is the criminal justice system in the UK, it is far too lenient on sexual offenders. Maxwell was let out time and time again to keep re-offending, look at his last sentence: Just 200 hours of community service - pathetic.

JMOO

I must admit that I don’t understand why the police didn’t have a good nose around number 2 after he had been found hung. Surely when he was found dead they would have been a bit curious as to where he had been?

I wonder if a missing person report had been filed for him?

Just 200 hours of community service - pathetic.
Yes, absolutely pathetic! It's an insult to the victims! Did no one look at his record and think perhaps this sicko should just be kept behind bars? A serial child sex offender who quite clearly could not be rehabilitated! This is what there should be an inquest into...why on earth was he walking the streets to keep re-offending?

Yes, absolutely pathetic! It's an insult to the victims! Did no one look at his record and think perhaps this sicko should just be kept behind bars? A serial child sex offender who quite clearly could not be rehabilitated! This is what there should be an inquest into...why on earth was he walking the streets to keep re-offending?
I wonder where he did his 200 hours of community service? He couldn't have been placed to work with women and children surely?

I can't believe after his previous conviction in 2009 that when he re-offended again in 2018 all he got was community service after spending time on remand.

He was an obvious danger to women and children, yet all the sentences he got were totally insufficient.

He should have been in prison in February 2019 instead of being free to do what he did to poor Leah and the woman he sexually assaulted in Newport Pagnell in November 2018.

These sentences have got to become longer - a lot longer than they are now.

As promised, I took a little walk today to lay some flowers on our behalf, following LineOfDuty doing similar yesterday. There was a calmness around, and my daughter and I took a little time to remove some of the fallen leaves from the tributes that were obscuring them. View attachment 373461
Adapted and reposted.

The fairs could be the common denominator.

1 - November 2018, NM commits sexual offence in Newport Pagnell in or around time fair is on at Campbell Park, MK.
2 - LC goes missing near to Valentine's fair at National Bowl, MK when it is on February 2019.
3 - NM passes away in April 2019, even though he travels across the UK it is at the same location fair is held in November and a few miles from where LC is discovered. Not sure where the fairs are at this point in time, they're not in MK but could be nearby. Currently, it is not known by what means he used to commit suicide.
4 - Hayden passes away in November 2019, this is ruled a suicide and I believe it was by hanging. This occured around time fair was back on again in November, this was the same fair company as the previous November. I believe this occured in nearby Bletchley and he lived alone.

If NM is friendly with some people at the fair (other possible sexual offenders), I could quite imagine him boasting about how he has access to a 500k house and letting them them stay there while the fair is on, possibly even cutting/ giving them keys. We're not sure if NM knew what happened at the house, for all we know he could have discovered the body at a later date in April. As yet, no one has actually witnessed him having any contact with LC.

If they stitched him up i.e. whether they did it with or without him, they would have motive to harm him (he would also be fearing his arrest regardless). He is the only one connected to the house, and it may only be him that connects them to the house. They would also most likely know the owners are returning in a few months time too.

If or how the the brother is connected I don't know. Did he know NM? Did he know people at the fair? Even though it was a different fair to one in February (they may share workers), did he ask questions around the fair when it returned in November 2019, he was clearly affected by her disappearance and determined to locate her. Was any of this an influencing factor in his suicide in November??

It's also worth noting that we have three events, two suicides and a murder. These occured within eight months of eachother just four miles apart. The two suicides are by people who seemingly didn't know one another who are then connected three years later by another persons murder. All of these incidents are seemingly connected to two different fairs by locations or times.
Back in 21 I mentioned I had taken series of photos of the east and north side of the lake, that was on 13th February 2019.
Copies were given to LE. The Fairground was at the final stages of dismantling and I think it had all gone by the 15th. I seem to recall LE saying they had investigated this angle and found no connection or words to that effect. I can’t recall where it moved to next.
It’s interesting the best location given by LE of where her phone was turned off, never to be turned back on, was at the North end of the lake which is the location where the Fair was but a Fairground would seem to be the last place for someone on the run to get casual work so this like a lot of information may have been a red herrings.

I never understood why LE did not quickly place posters on her routes asking for information from others who walk the same routes each day. They never did that but relied on TV or local media some months after Leah went missing.
Non of this helps other than the lessons we might learn from too much focus on an innocent man.
All of the Police equipment and officers have now been removed and only the floral tributes that line the pavement identifies the house.

Back in 21 I mentioned I had taken series of photos of the east and north side of the lake, that was on 13th February 2019.
Copies were given to LE. The Fairground was at the final stages of dismantling and I think it had all gone by the 15th. I seem to recall LE saying they had investigated this angle and found no connection or words to that effect. I can’t recall where it moved to next.
It’s interesting the best location given by LE of where her phone was turned off, never to be turned back on, was at the North end of the lake which is the location where the Fair was but a Fairground would seem to be the last place for someone on the run to get casual work so this like a lot of information may have been a red herrings.

I never understood why LE did not quickly place posters on her routes asking for information from others who walk the same routes each day. They never did that but relied on TV or local media some months after Leah went missing.
Non of this helps other than the lessons we might learn from too much focus on an innocent man.
All of the Police equipment and officers have now been removed and only the floral tributes that line the pavement identifies the house.
Hi LOD.

I know that from speaking to you before that you live near Furzton Lake, and I believe that the police did knock on your door during the original investigation in February 2019.

Below is the map that in 2020 shows the 'one square mile' that the police narrowed down the area Leah vanished in.

Do you live within this one square mile? If so, did the police knock on your door in 2020?

TIA

1667515104507.png

Looks like a car to me, if you consider the slope of the windows and bodywork on the LHS of the vehicle.
It was an off white pick up truck. Not only did I see it before screens were put up it aerial photos confirm. A local said it had been there for some time. LE took no interest in it. No covers were put over it and only taken away a week into their presence on site1667515200111.png

Hi LOD.

I know that from speaking to you before that you live near Furzton Lake, and I believe that the police did knock on your door during the original investigation in Febraury 2019.

Below is the map that in 2020 shows the 'one square mile' that the police narrowed down the area Leah vanished in.

Do you live within this one square mile? If so, did the police knock on your door in 2020?

TIA

View attachment 377808
Yes I do. I answered this question a year or so ago. The simply asked if we saw anything on the 15th. One officer glanced around the ground floor but did not ask about garages or sheds. I pointed out an empty house nearby that is owned by a person from another country and one officer said they noticed a notice in its door asking anyone who needed access to go to another house. I told them about the photos I had taken on 13th. That’s about it.

Yes I do. I answered this question a year or so ago. The simply asked if we saw anything on the 15th. One officer glanced around the ground floor but did not ask about garages or sheds. I pointed out an empty house nearby that is owned by a person from another country and one officer said they noticed a notice in its door asking anyone who needed access to go to another house. I told them about the photos I had taken on 13th. That’s about it.
Forgot I also pointed out there were a lot of empty houses around the lake. Often bought as investments. Despite this it is a very nice area.

“if they had got him off the streets sooner then Leah would still be here”

THIS NEEDS TO BE SCREAMED FROM THE ROOFTOPS OF BEDS/BUCKS.

Forgot I also pointed out there were a lot of empty houses around the lake. Often bought as investments. Despite this it is a very nice area.
There was also a large community plea for people on the walking route to check their loft and sheds again, in late 2021.

It is assumed that the owners of the house were over seas so must have never seen the pleas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back