Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hear you, but NM’s first bunch of offences were well before “austerity”, well before COVID, and the courts crisis.

Well yes, but as we know, in the last 10-15 years Police Forces have struggled with workload, so it does not surprise me that few resources could be spared for someone who left the local area

Ditto problems with CPS and trial management is partly due to 2 decades of under funding

Indeed this case shows how vast resource was poured into solving a crime that could have been prevented with a much smaller investment of resource in boring police admin resourcing.

Well yes, but as we know, in the last 10-15 years Police Forces have struggled with workload, so it does not surprise me that few resources could be spared for someone who left the local area

Ditto problems with CPS and trial management is partly due to 2 decades of under funding

Indeed this case shows how vast resource was poured into solving a crime that could have been prevented with a much smaller investment of resource in boring police admin resourcing.
Indeed good point. Maybe less helicopter rides for the Home Sec and more money for figuring these problems out once and for all.

She may have walked along Billbrook Lane on her last day.
Do you mean the 14th? Leah was known to walk the redways. Billbrook Lane has CCTV and she has never been seen on it. Does not mean she never travelled it, IMO but just saying.

If you mean the 15th, it means she crossed the road from No2 and was taken back to it by the perp and not captured on the CCTV. Both are possible with the limited info we have so far.

As a police officer... a simple agreement would of been in line with her work. She made a sarcastic comment about the detective on this case! That for me speaks volumes!
So, on that note...
Let's see what this detective comes up with!
We assume they are sending officers out at approx the same time as the crime to find people who may have seen somthing? This is the normal logic.
Head of Major Crime, D/Supt Ian Hunter took over the case (or so it appears) once Leah was located. The change of tack may attributed to him?

Do you mean the 14th? Leah was known to walk the redways. Billbrook Lane has CCTV and she has never been seen on it. Does not mean she never travelled it, IMO but just saying.

If you mean the 15th, it means she crossed the road from No2 and was taken back to it by the perp and not captured on the CCTV. Both are possible with the limited info we have so far.
Yes, I'm referring to the 15th. Where is the CCTV on Billbrook lane?

We assume they are sending officers out at approx the same time as the crime to find people who may have seen somthing? This is the normal logic.
Head of Major Crime, D/Supt Ian Hunter took over the case (or so it appears) once Leah was located. The change of tack may attributed to him?

Who is "We"?

Have the police spoken with the owners?
Yes.

“Leah’s usual route to work would be via Buzzacott Lane and then onto Faraday Drive using the redways to travel north towards Kelvin Drive in Knowlhill. We know that this is the route that Leah took on both Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th February, however extensive CCTV work has shown that she did not arrive in Faraday Drive on the morning she went missing." - TVP statement taken from Family info and known CCTV footage, police even releasing the Rutherford Gate CCTV for confirmation.

This early statement gave rise to the lake theories because she definately did not take the same route (or stopped her route part way) as earlier in the week.

Her normal route to work, takes her right past 2 Loxbeare (on the same side of the road) as she made her way up the redway.

The only place that does not have CCTV is around the lake - so this keeps coming up because it is unknown.

The phone goes off the grid after 8:30 am but no exact location is given. This could have easily been anywhere in Furzton, including Loxbeare Drive.

“Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence”, Dr Carl Sagan

Not sure about where she went, but certainly Valentines Day events are interesting. Like much of the boyfriend stuff, it may not have anything to do with her dissapearance? The mystery continues.

She left the night before without a coat, which would lead me to believe she was either not going far or was not going to be out in the cold very long. Family reported she had a takeaway after she returned, so we can safely assume she did not eat while she was out.

Is it possible the perpetrator had groomed Leah to visit him on spurious grounds? Can we rule out that they had never had any contact prior?

What if he'd said somehow got chatting with her and said he'd pay her cash to do a couple of hours cleaning or some spurious but non threatening and credible story?

A lot of youngsters mess around with smoking weed or recreational stuff these days, what if he was small time dealing or something, who knows.

Or, maybe that old chestnut he just offered her a lift or asked her for directions? Some young people are really gullible and people pleasers - they can't say no to someone who says 'come on hop in, I'm going your way'.

Is it possible the perpetrator had groomed Leah to visit him on spurious grounds? Can we rule out that they had never had any contact prior?

What if he'd said somehow got chatting with her and said he'd pay her cash to do a couple of hours cleaning or some spurious but non threatening and credible story?

A lot of youngsters mess around with smoking weed or recreational stuff these days, what if he was small time dealing or something, who knows.

Or, maybe that old chestnut he just offered her a lift or asked her for directions? Some young people are really gullible and people pleasers - they can't say no to someone who says 'come on hop in, I'm going your way'.
Maxwell's normal operating procedure seems to be along one of these lines if not more opportune.

We know that she walked right past the house on the two days prior. She may have simply just recognised him from working there as she walked by on the third day?

It could of been the trusted Bundy ruse of 'can you help me carry this'? As seen in the opening sequence of Silence of the Lambs?

No idea what she would have meant. Could be that it was sarcasm yet another person telling them how to do their job? (Not saying that was you just from the police officers point of view)
Perhaps they have officers knocking in the evening too?!

But basically only she knew what she meant

Does anyone have any thoughts on why releasing the coroners report on the suspect, may jeopdise the case?

Does anyone have any thoughts on why releasing the coroners report on the suspect, may jeopdise the case?

Yes it is the Inquest File.

Might it contain something relevant to his death (ie a suicide note) or other people's possessions? Something like that?

Might it contain something relevant to his death (ie a suicide note) or other people's possessions? Something like that?
I don't think it would jeopardise the case, but the investigation is still ongoing, so the police have requested a delay in releasing it. As far as I can remember, from newspaper reports, there was only one note and that was placed on the outside of the door, so someone would not open it and find his body. I would imagine that if he had left a note, perhaps admitting to this (or any other crime), then the note would have been admitted into evidence at Maxwell's inquest and it would definitely have been mentioned.

I was thinking maybe if he had been murdered as opposed to taken his own life? But the whole thing is odd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back