Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do have every faith that TVP are working to confirm the COD & who is responsible.
I do however believe there are people that come forward just to have their two minutes of fame so to speak, but also as WS proves there are a lot of genuine people who care and have reported items/sightings to TVP.
However I do honestly believe that in the beginning they were convinced Leah had runaway.

I reported a black quilted coat under the bridge on Watling Street (top end of Furzton lake) back in early April 2019 and it took them 2 weeks to call me regarding this; they even asked me on the phone if I had picked it up? and could I take it to them I replied no of course not! so they said "I'll try and get down there to have a look".

Ok, so what is your theory on why no one reported the smell?
The house was only built in the 90's and they are built pretty much air tight, or as close as possibe.. if it was an older build home and in a built up area, I.e terraced houses, the chances of someone noticing the smell would be higher but given they are detached houses, the body was contained high up in the building in a pretty much air tight environment of a relative new build property I am not surprised someone outside didn't notice and because of the location of the body in the home again I am not surprised the smell took so long to be noticeable, the fact the owners came in summer 2019 and didn't notice doesnt surprise me either.

The house was only built in the 90's and they are built pretty much air tight, or as close as possibe.. if it was an older build home and in a built up area, I.e terraced houses, the chances of someone noticing the smell would be higher but given they are detached houses, the body was contained high up in the building in a pretty much air tight environment of a relative new build property I am not surprised someone outside didn't notice and because of the location of the body in the home again I am not surprised the smell took so long to be noticeable, the fact the owners came in summer 2019 and didn't notice doesnt surprise me either.
Lofts are ventilated, they are far from airtight, modern house builds draw air through the soffets and exhaust it either through ridge tiles or an exhaust, picture attached showing a standard roof design. The exhaust is one of the highest points of the house which would probably dilute and disperse the smell externally.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2015-09-14-at-8.39.34-AM (1).png
    Screen-Shot-2015-09-14-at-8.39.34-AM (1).png
    363.9 KB · Views: 15
With regards to the smell of decomposition, there are so many variables to take into account, unless the exact details are know, it's impossible to speculate. The loft area may well have been densely packed with boxes, bags and general items people tend to store in a loft, reducing the airflow. Fibreglass insulation has the ability to hold water/fluids, which may in turn have absorbed much of the smell.

There was a well documented case in Milton Keynes in 2019, of a young man who hung himself in his flat. His badly decomposed body was found 9 months later when the housing association turned up to evict him for rent arrears. In those 9 months none of the neighbours commented on the smell.

Last night: "A memorial service has been held tonight for Leah Croucher after police on Friday named a prime suspect in their investigation into the 19-year-old's disappearance.

The community in Furzton, Milton Keynes, from where Leah went missing in February 2019, were invited to 'come together, to reflect, to pray and to light a candle' at the Servant King Church and Ridgeway Community Centre this evening."

Though most of the article is a repeat of everything that's already been published.

Last edited:
Always a possibility until there is forensic evidence at this point as there is no other way this is 100% without it.

My position is simply that the police have named him, noone else and clearly have ore information than they have released publicly. I would expect, given the nature of the case that they would have incredibly strong evidence before releasing his name.

Police have been known to get things wrong in the past.

Last night: "A memorial service has been held tonight for Leah Croucher after police on Friday named a prime suspect in their investigation into the 19-year-old's disappearance.

The community in Furzton, Milton Keynes, from where Leah went missing in February 2019, were invited to 'come together, to reflect, to pray and to light a candle' at the Servant King Church and Ridgeway Community Centre this evening."

Though most of the article is a repeat of everything that's already been published.
That's a lovely thing to do.

Just seems so convenient i dunno, TVP have had a lot of criticism for their handling of the case over the last 3 years, rightly so much of it very justified so it seems very convenient to pin it on the local oddball/pervert and one who can’t answer back too

We only have the word of the police that he was the only one with the keys, him being the only one would be very strange, the police will need to release a lot of hard evidence to convince me that it was him as it just feels too convenient, dunno

I agree with you Brian. JMO.

I've had a thought about this...not sure when combi boilers became a standard but a lot of properties have water tanks in the loft. Would perhaps explain why no one smelt anything.
(Was thinking about the Helen Bailey case - that was a septic tank mind)...

I've had a thought about this...not sure when combi boilers became a standard but a lot of properties have water tanks in the loft. Would perhaps explain why no one smelt anything.
(Was thinking about the Helen Bailey case - that was a septic tank mind)...
I couldn't say for definitely to be honest but something I thought about but newer built properties don't lose much air and although usually vented to some extent I don't believe one body in this case would cause a smell to be necessarily noticeable outside the property, as the body breaks down I'm sure it would of eventually been noticeable inside but again I can understand why it wasn't if and when the owner visited In the summer of 2019.

If I'm not wrong until now we didn't know NM's cause of death. That article states:

"In April 2019, two months later, Maxwell hanged himself in Campbell Park, Milton Keynes."

Somewhat reminiscent of the Alice Gross murder in 2014, after which the main suspect (post-facto) Arnis Zalkains hung himself in a nearby park - Murder of Alice Gross - Wikipedia.

The terms of the initial "inquiry" are still incorrect IMO; it should not be about the quality of the missing person case, it should be on the quality of the tracking-down-Neil-Maxwell case.

With regards to the smell of decomposition, there are so many variables to take into account, unless the exact details are know, it's impossible to speculate. The loft area may well have been densely packed with boxes, bags and general items people tend to store in a loft, reducing the airflow. Fibreglass insulation has the ability to hold water/fluids, which may in turn have absorbed much of the smell.

There was a well documented case in Milton Keynes in 2019, of a young man who hung himself in his flat. His badly decomposed body was found 9 months later when the housing association turned up to evict him for rent arrears. In those 9 months none of the neighbours commented on the smell.
interesting thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back