Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I cant buy into the NB being a secret lover theory. He's hardly a looker and I know Mr X was older but not by as many years as NB.

From my time on websleuths I've learnt sometimes you can just be in the wrong place at the wrong time: Sarah everard, libby squire and sabrina nessa. All young women who's lives were cut short by a total stranger.
Rachel Manning, another 19 year old from Milton Keynes, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

With genuine respect for the family here, I’d like to know why someone who was almost 20 felt she had to lie to her parents about her whereabouts, and disable her phone location sharing for “privacy”. I have a 17yo daughter and this isn’t something I’d want for her, and 19 is full-blown adult territory.

You said...........

No-one at this stage knows how long she had known him and how often she was switching off her locations

I was updating you to advise that we do know how often - one time only on the evening
I cant buy into the NB being a secret lover theory. He's hardly a looker and I know Mr X was older but not by as many years as NB.

From my time on websleuths I've learnt sometimes you can just be in the wrong place at the wrong time: Sarah everard, libby squire and sabrina nessa. All young women who's lives were cut short by a total stranger.

From my time on websleuths I've learnt sometimes you can just be in the wrong place at the wrong time: Sarah everard, libby squire and sabrina nessa. All young women who's lives were cut short by a total stranger

Yes, but you said no one knew how often she was switching her location off. That is something that we do know. Once.
Yes, we were told by the media that it was ONCE! like I said, it could of been more! That's my opinion on the situation. Does anyone know when they changed whatsapp terms and conditions?
What year did whatsapp calls and messages become traceable?

5.45pm. Leah walks home from work. Strangely, the location settings on her Samsung phone were switched off in the Furzton Lake area. Nobody knows why. It could be that she was downloading another app that disabled them. But the mobile phone company has confirmed Leah had never turned off her location settings before.

Last edited:
With genuine respect for the family here, I’d like to know why someone who was almost 20 felt she had to lie to her parents about her whereabouts, and disable her phone location sharing for “privacy”. I have a 17yo daughter and this isn’t something I’d want for her, and 19 is full-blown adult territory.
I think it may have been more that Leahs family felt she was worth more than to be a soon to be married, older man's affair. They could probably see, she was going to get her heart broken and tried to warn her. Leah could have romanticised this idea in her head, feeling like they were Romeo and Juliet and needing to keep it a secret.

Yeah but 19 isn’t 15 or 16. It’s old enough to do literally any and every thing legally. Warning I understand, location tracking a little less so (if that’s why she turned it off on the 14th that is).

Yeah but 19 isn’t 15 or 16. It’s old enough to do literally any and every thing legally. Warning I understand, location tracking a little less so (if that’s why she turned it off on the 14th that is).

Adolescents develop emotionally at different rates, some go through stages quicker, earlier or later, every child is different as I said and lot's of internal and external factors impact on these stages.

Legality is irrelevant IMO.

We've been told that it could have been an app that disabled the location setting's. I don't think we know when it reconnected, but I think the fact that LC was back at home at 6pm doesn't really suggest anything untoward was happening between 5,45 and 6pm - That's 15 mins, appx the time it would have taken her to walk home, from the lake area, if I'm not mistaken.

5.45pm. Leah walks home from work. Strangely, the location settings on her Samsung phone were switched off in the Furzton Lake area. Nobody knows why. It could be that she was downloading another app that disabled them. But the mobile phone company has confirmed Leah had never turned off her location settings before.

This is possible but this would be an app specifically designed to do this. Your average app doesn't disable the entire location services for the phone. You can do this yourself manually through settings / quick tiles anyhow. As she's never done this before I would assume that a 3rd party for whatever reason has advised or coerced her into doing this. Given she disappeared the next day, I assume they're related.

Where does everyone keep their suitcases? Surely when the owners returned for summer they stored them away… attic? Or garage?

Slightly conflicting stories about Leah and any possible relationship. Claire uses the word 'seeing' in the same context in both statements. Or does it just mean her parents didn't know for certain the extent of her involvement with Mr X? But if her parents knew, she may have lied to them on other occasions about where she was going, but why only the one time that the location was turned off, when she was walking home? There's been no mention of 'Leah was late home from work', in which case that would suggest a diversion; everything that evening was about her going out, so is the location a red herring and mere coincidence?

'Claire said: "We were not aware of a relationship before she went missing. We've found out since that she was seeing somebody but that person has been spoken to." '

Then Claire saying: "It started in the summer of last year. She was talking about this man all the time. It was X this and X that ... it was obvious she had a soft spot for him. She'd go and see him in the evenings, paying £13 each way for a taxi. It just wasn't like Leah to do things like that - she'd always been such a home-loving person and didn't like going out much.
Then we found out he was engaged and it sounded like it was an arranged marriage. I remember saying to Leah: 'Don't you go falling for him, he will never be yours.' I was under the impression that she'd stopped seeing him then."

Slightly conflicting stories about Leah and any possible relationship. Claire uses the word 'seeing' in the same context in both statements. Or does it just mean her parents didn't know for certain the extent of her involvement with Mr X? But if her parents knew, she may have lied to them on other occasions about where she was going, but why only the one time that the location was turned off, when she was walking home? There's been no mention of 'Leah was late home from work', in which case that would suggest a diversion; everything that evening was about her going out, so is the location a red herring and mere coincidence?

'Claire said: "We were not aware of a relationship before she went missing. We've found out since that she was seeing somebody but that person has been spoken to." '

Then Claire saying: "It started in the summer of last year. She was talking about this man all the time. It was X this and X that ... it was obvious she had a soft spot for him. She'd go and see him in the evenings, paying £13 each way for a taxi. It just wasn't like Leah to do things like that - she'd always been such a home-loving person and didn't like going out much.
Then we found out he was engaged and it sounded like it was an arranged marriage. I remember saying to Leah: 'Don't you go falling for him, he will never be yours.' I was under the impression that she'd stopped seeing him then."

I think it’s probably they didn’t know the extent, I wonder if she had given the impression she had stopped seeing him, but as she went missing it become apparent that was not the case?

I think to be honest it was just a family in turmoil, they have suggested that TVP hadn’t done enough

But in their most recent statement suggest the police couldn’t have done more

Adolescents develop emotionally at different rates, some go through stages quicker, earlier or later, every child is different as I said and lot's of internal and external factors impact on these stages.

Legality is irrelevant IMO.

We've been told that it could have been an app that disabled the location setting's. I don't think we know when it reconnected, but I think the fact that LC was back at home at 6pm doesn't really suggest anything untoward was happening between 5,45 and 6pm - That's 15 mins, appx the time it would have taken her to walk home, from the lake area, if I'm not mistaken.
BBM
I have head this mentioned a few times in this case, seemingly suggesting Leah didn't turn off location on purpose maybe but inadvertently as part of an app install. I haven't heard of apps disabling location services for the entire phone before, does anyone have any examples of apps which are known to do this, beyond apps specifically designed for this purpose, which would basically mean Leah turned location off on purpose.

BBM
I have head this mentioned a few times in this case, seemingly suggesting Leah didn't turn off location on purpose maybe but inadvertently as part of an app install. I haven't heard of apps disabling location services for the entire phone before, does anyone have any examples of apps which are known to do this, beyond apps specifically designed for this purpose, which would basically mean Leah turned location off on purpose.

That purpose might not be to hide her location, more to conserve her battery until she got home?

That purpose might not be to hide her location, more to conserve her battery until she got home?
That's very possible, although given how close to home she was would it be something she would do, especially given that this was apparently the first time she had done this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal
Back