Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lady who reported the screams iirc said that she always heard student screams and this was a different scream that made her sit up in bed. Her other half was downstairs watching TV and they both wondered about that scream as it was so different.

i think we're in danger of getting the screams mixed up, those were the first ones we heard about

Fifteen minutes does not even seem possible, I hate to say, even if the worst was happening. Time fifteen minutes.

If that is true the police have easily arrived while it was still happening, if they were called. And half the neighborhood should have heard it, imo.

I hear an an occassional “scream” or shout late at night around my apartment...usually I check the time first, then turn on a light and wait to hear more. Only once did I call 911 and police came within five-ten minutes at most. Domestic dispute...

I don’t doubt screaming was heard but not convinced it is related. If so, a crime scene should have been found at least. Jmo
Could be a daft suggestion but would there be a "crime scene" as such if there really was an incident in the park but then suspect simply shoved Libby into the river? There may be no blood if this was the case.

Where is the river in relation to this field with the pond?
If the man was seen running out of the fields, why is it thought she may be in the river?

The River Hull runs directly along the eastern side of the park and the pond; the derelict buildings searched earlier are on the shoreline.

He ran in which direction? It's not a small park but there is no way across the river apart from a roadbridge at the northern part of the park at least 900m away. As I noted looking at Streetview, vehicular access appears restricted to the park so I would assume this individual either lives very locally or has parked up somewhere just outside the park along Oak Road/Beresford Avenue.

So, was LS accompanied to the park or did she amble there to meet her fate randomly? As she is in the environs of Beresford Avenue at approx. 0010 the scream heard by a neighbour in Heathcote Road at 0030 and the screams in the park at 0015-0030 could not be from the same individual as they are spatially seperated by a good 700m? I also note in the Mirror article that the taxi picked LS up from the nightclub at 2330 whereas other sources indicate this as closer to 2300 as she was dropped home at 2329? Tardiness to these details makes me wonder about the veracity of other timings in this case.

Looking at this article ....the boathouse they are searching is next to the river. Does anyone know if there's an access road or lane to this or elsewhere in that field/pond area? I'm trying to figure out how someone could have taken Libby there and from where this guy was seen running...to his car presumably. Is there a parking area?

View attachment 168002 Libby's house where pin is. Beresford is the road running towards Oak Playing Fields - these are the park they keep referring to. The pond is the large pond which is straight next to the river. So the river is very, very close.

I'm a bit confused (as usual) - is this the same pond as the fishing pond with reeds ?

Ok, what am I missing?

why are we back to discussing the grey haired man the police have clearly said they are happy has nothing to do with this?

This! I wish the mods were as hot at clamping down on posts that ask the same question that was dealt with days ago. The same things keep coming up over and over again. If people could just read from the start and then post a question then the thread would be so much clearer and less repetitive.

What worries me is that if one or both of the separate screams heard that night were NOT Libby, then who were they and what in earth is going on in that area for so many horrifying things to be happening on one night?!

Yes, Little Mystery, same as I thought. The first motorist we heard about. It would explain why the sister knows so much as he would have talked about speaking to police as he saw her that night, prior to arrest. It also struck me as rather odd, the police wording as to him being very helpful.

The "helpful" motorist has been cleared. He is not the man in custody right now.

Ok, what am I missing?

why are we back to discussing the grey haired man the police have clearly said they are happy has nothing to do with this?

I don't know o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member