Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jessie, it seems I may have to agree with you. I did a bit of digging:
In relation to whether Libby’s phone was found inside or outside her home I have found an interesting article which would seem to indicate that it was found inside.

A Taxi Took Her Home And She Was Spotted On CCTV – So Where Is Libby Squire?

“Though police had at first suggested Squire did not enter her home after being dropped off, her mother Lisa reportedly clarified in a Facebook post that she had entered the property before subsequently vanishing.

She wrote: “She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home… simple.”

“Police revealed on Monday that they had found Squire’s mobile phone at her home, but that it had not helped to provide any information about where she went on Thursday night. Friends have said she didn’t have it with her during the day before she went missing.”

Thank you for your patience.

Found one link and quote if it helps : Libby Squire latest updates: Everything we know so far about the missing Hull student

It's understood that having left the taxi at 11.29pm, Ms Squire did not enter the property.

Police later searched the house and found her mobile phone inside, but it did not offer up any clues as to where she might be.

Interesting statement in this article:
Though police had at first suggested Squire did not enter her home after being dropped off, her mother Lisa reportedly clarified in a Facebook post that she had entered the property before subsequently vanishing.

She wrote: “She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home… simple.”
A Taxi Took Her Home And She Was Spotted On CCTV – So Where Is Libby Squire?

Yes but people use the term to be at home when they are also outside

Can someone please tell me where police have mentioned anything about an older man with grey hair and beard being the motorist we first heard about who stopped? Why would they even describe him as such? Curious as to where this came from.

i think the original description was when the police were trying to trace the man,presumably they had him in cctv or described by another person, that's standard procedure to find the person they want to speak to imo

Can someone please tell me where police have mentioned anything about an older man with grey hair and beard being the motorist we first heard about who stopped? Why would they even describe him as such? Curious as to where this came from.

On the first day police appealed to find a long grey haired bearded man in a silver car who had stopped to talk to Libby at approx 11:45pm. That man came forward the very same day and police said he'd been helpful. He has been cleared.

I don't know where the sister lives but if it's not in England she may genuinely believe the story, what to us is obvious nonsense may to her sound like the truth. There may be cultural differences at play, we are jaded by having heard this type of defence too many times before

JMO

I would guess the sister and the wife are talking on the phone ?

Regarding her mother saying ‘she was home’ I was confused over this but I then took it to mean the police had told her mum the taxi had dropped her home ( and the police were completely happy with that ) and that was what the mum ment , rather than she was actually inside her house.

"A young woman’s “dark and eerie” screams were heard coming from a park shortly after missing university student Libby Squire was last seen.

A local, who wanted to stay anonymous, said the cries rang out “seven or eight” times and went on for about 15 minutes.

They said they then spotted a man running out of Oak Road Playing Fields – minutes away from Libby’s home in Hull."

Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished

15 minutes.... god :(

Goodness. This is horrible. But why didn't they report it at the time? Or as soon as Libby was reported missing?

Is this witness male or female? because if I heard screams like that in a park at night I would get a tourch and go and investigate myself first thought I would have is a women is probably being attacked or raped

Don't forget sometime today someone posted on here about someone else claiming a man in a balaclava in the area previously doing something. Who posted that?
I think that was me!

But it was from a conversation from a Facebook group and I'm not sure we're allowed to discuss things from Facebook groups?

But it said that a girl was chased down a street (newland street or newland avenue I can't remember) by a man in a Balaclava and as she was running away a taxi swerved in front of her. But it wasn't a real taxi it was a normal grey car with a taxi sticker on the side so she just kept running and got away.
Someone took a picture of the man in the Balaclava and called the police. A club nearby was warning people to be wary of fake taxis. This was on the night Libby went missing.

That’s still just the initial driver sighting we knew about though?

I must have missed the second driver discussion. Tonight is the first time I’ve heard of it since the sister went to press.

Yes, Little Mystery, same as I thought. The first motorist we heard about. It would explain why the sister knows so much as he would have talked about speaking to police as he saw her that night, prior to arrest. It also struck me as rather odd, the police wording as to him being very helpful.

Where is the river in relation to this field with the pond?
If the man was seen running out of the fields, why is it thought she may be in the river?
_20190207_232818.JPG Libby's house where pin is. Beresford is the road running towards Oak Playing Fields - these are the park they keep referring to. The pond is the large pond which is straight next to the river. So the river is very, very close.

Is this witness male or female? because if I heard screams like that in a park at night I would get a tourch and go and investigate myself first thought I would have is a women is probably being attacked or raped

A “young woman.”

Would you?! That's very socially conscious of you. I would look out the window and call 999, then message my next door neighbour and ask if she had heard anything. I have a horrible feeling that it would all be over and the perpetrator gone by police arrival anyway, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero