Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I didn't sound abrupt in my response - such a fast moving thread otherwise I would have quoted a link. I think one of the police statements issued said Libby's phone was found inside her house and repeated in MSM.
We discussed the fact she left her phone at home earlier on the thread somewhere, as it seemed something young girls hate being without. :)
Hi Jessie, it seems I may have to agree with you. I did a bit of digging:
In relation to whether Libby’s phone was found inside or outside her home I have found an interesting article which would seem to indicate that it was found inside.

A Taxi Took Her Home And She Was Spotted On CCTV – So Where Is Libby Squire?

“Though police had at first suggested Squire did not enter her home after being dropped off, her mother Lisa reportedly clarified in a Facebook post that she had entered the property before subsequently vanishing.

She wrote: “She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home… simple.”

“Police revealed on Monday that they had found Squire’s mobile phone at her home, but that it had not helped to provide any information about where she went on Thursday night. Friends have said she didn’t have it with her during the day before she went missing.”

Thank you for your patience.

No, I don't think so. I totally misread it as well. And even now I keep misreading it. It's weird phrasing.
From the Yahoo article.
"Speaking to the Telegraph, his sister Paulina Szymanska, said he had spoken to Miss Squire on the night, but insisted he had nothing to do with her disappearance."

Very odd. Why not come forward before? As mentioned, there's been so much publicity in the past week it seems nearly everyone knew about Libby. There's the language barrier, I suppose.

"She asked him to take her home, so he put her address into his sat nav and wanted to do just that. Apparently she threw herself at him, but he pushed her away because he is a married man."

Oh boy. Not buying this for a second.

Oh that old chestnut...

There’s a lot of posts saying she had no keys/was locked out but this isn’t known for def?? Did she leave her keys at home like her phone? the boys who saw her get out the taxi said she got out and walked away from her house, not that she went to door or was hunting for keys etc so she maybe did have keys after all so a lift home after sitting on a bench for 30/50 mins not out of the question??

Interesting statement in this article:
Though police had at first suggested Squire did not enter her home after being dropped off, her mother Lisa reportedly clarified in a Facebook post that she had entered the property before subsequently vanishing.

"A young woman’s “dark and eerie” screams were heard coming from a park shortly after missing university student Libby Squire was last seen.

A local, who wanted to stay anonymous, said the cries rang out “seven or eight” times and went on for about 15 minutes.

They said they then spotted a man running out of Oak Road Playing Fields – minutes away from Libby’s home in Hull."

Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished

This should narrow down the possibilities of where she is. So long as the eyewitness can tell LE exactly where they saw him running from then it seems like it would not be that hard to find the only possible places he could have put her body.

"They said they then spotted a man running out of Oak Road Playing Fields – minutes away from Libby’s home in Hull.""

No, I don't think so. I totally misread it as well. And even now I keep misreading it. It's weird phrasing.
Me neither. And next he'll claim he dropped her off somewhere, alive and unharmed. They always say that.

That made me think about that unsolved case (forget name) of the school girl who was dropped off in the countryside by a taxi and never heard of again. There is a documentary on youtube about it.

Though police had at first suggested Squire did not enter her home after being dropped off, her mother Lisa reportedly clarified in a Facebook post that she had entered the property before subsequently vanishing.

I think there's a bit of a difference between their summary and what she actually said. I think she just meant the taxi dropped her at her house but she did not go in, they are then stretching that.

I feel like we are missing a bigger picture somehow, I’m trying to think outside the box.

The reasons she has not yet been found
1. She isn’t in the local area, body is nearer malton?
2. Someone else has her and current person in custody is innocent ?
3. There is no whole body to find( doesn’t bare thinking about)
4. She has ran away (very unlikely under circumstances)
5. River hull ?

Also police are still holding him so they have a decent amount of evidence!

I wondered earlier if it was the wrong man in custody. But now I've heard what his sister said, I'm changing my mind on that.

If a man was seen running out of the park shortly after the screams, there was little time to do anything to hide a body to the extent it's still not been found.

I agree. LE believe Libby was heading to the park at 12.09, screams were heard 12.15-12.30, man seen running shortly after. Why would he be running if they were in his car?

The van is an unusual move, right? I'm not sure I remember ever seeing something like this before.

These vans are in use throughout the country, a few months back I saw one locally and the ad was regarding domestic violence, it was the first time I'd seen one and was majorly impressed, they are very very effective!

I think Libby was offered help twice. By the older man with grey hair and beard and by the guy they're questioning. There was no mention of her getting in the car with the first man, and the police said the first driver had already contacted them and been helpful. I think his sister would have mentioned if that had been the case. Also the first driver was before midnight, this one after.

Does anyone know if there was a confirmed sighting after 12? I seem to remember that snippet being removed from reports.

Can someone please tell me where police have mentioned anything about an older man with grey hair and beard being the motorist we first heard about who stopped? Why would they even describe him as such? Curious as to where this came from.

When I say pre-meditated, I mean they went out with the intention of finding a vulnerable victim and possibly had a hiding place pre-planned, rather than specifically targeting Libby

I'm guessing she isn't the first female student to be alone and drunk in the dark at night in that area though, so it might cross someone's mind that an opportunity was there and one day they acted upon it, either pre meditated or just be chance. I don't think it was pre meditated personally. JMO.

Oh that old chestnut...
I don't know where the sister lives but if it's not in England she may genuinely believe the story, what to us is obvious nonsense may to her sound like the truth. There may be cultural differences at play, we are jaded by having heard this type of defence too many times before

JMO

The reason I'm immediately thinking he might have actually initially taken her home is so that

the report of hearing screams will fit in with my assumptions but I do agree he may have never even intended to take her home.

Don't forget sometime today someone posted on here about someone else claiming a man in a balaclava in the area previously doing something. Who posted that?

Looking at tide times it’s likely the tide was actually heading in at that time meaning anything dumped could actually travel up river !?
Yep this happens near me, bodies travel miles up river. I grew up in a village on the trent and police were there a few times over the years, usually in the paper they jumped off the bridge about 20-30 miles away!

I'd say that's a misinterpretation. It's not how I interpreted what she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc