Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A young woman’s “dark and eerie” screams were heard coming from a park shortly after missing university student Libby Squire was last seen.

A local, who wanted to stay anonymous, said the cries rang out “seven or eight” times and went on for about 15 minutes.

They said they then spotted a man running out of Oak Road Playing Fields – minutes away from Libby’s home in Hull."

Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished

So that's why they concentrate the search so much on the playing fields.

After 7 or 8 screams I would have called police!

From Mirror link.
“Then 30 seconds later there was another scream. She must have screamed seven or eight times. All of the screams had gaps between them. The screams must have gone on for about 15 minutes."

Christ. That screams sexual motive to me. Hopefully it was just the youngsters known to be drinking in the area and playing around, but this sounds bad.

WTF?!!? This makes me cross.... ignoring a short sharp scream is one thing, but several "dark and eerie" screams over quarter of an hour in a deserted park and 999 wasn't called immediately because why exactly....??????

My thought too - I would of called the police after hearing it a second time, if I saw someone running from the park then 110% would of called 999 immediately!!

WTF?!!? This makes me cross.... ignoring a short sharp scream is one thing, but several "dark and eerie" screams over quarter of an hour in a deserted park and 999 wasn't called immediately because why exactly....??????
You're right - why not report it at tgetime, instead of in response to the missing person news?

From Mirror link.
“Then 30 seconds later there was another scream. She must have screamed seven or eight times. All of the screams had gaps between them. The screams must have gone on for about 15 minutes."

Christ. That screams sexual motive to me. Hopefully it was just the youngsters known to be drinking in the area and playing around, but this sounds bad.

Youngers will not be drinking at that time of night or in the cold. It was minus temeperatures at that time.

This witness really is key- she didn't make it very far in 45 minutes in a cab. It doesn't look she existed the cab at her home. Perhaps she wanted to look for one last bar before calling it a night.
Maybe Libby went to a Newsagent/mini market nearby to get a drink as in Coke and a mini bottle of Martel or something and maybe she's on the camera in this late night newsagent/mini supermarket the kind that's a bit sparse on the shelfsbuts is open late. Is there any in the areas concerned. Was there a another dark haired female with her a friend or a stranger in this shop that could verify it?, I'm thinking if she's intoxicated and quite likely to walk in fast past other customers, is she rushing because there's a taxi waiting or because shes fed up are there other people in the queue that may play a part a forward male stranger , if shes been in a shop last seen on cctv on tv, forgive my dream last night, perhaps I saw it on tv.

"A young woman’s “dark and eerie” screams were heard coming from a park shortly after missing university student Libby Squire was last seen.

A local, who wanted to stay anonymous, said the cries rang out “seven or eight” times and went on for about 15 minutes.

They said they then spotted a man running out of Oak Road Playing Fields – minutes away from Libby’s home in Hull."

Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished
omg......horrible

There is no mention in that article of whether this woman reported the screams in the park to the police immediately or not. Given that they've been heavily searching the park for days now, she probably did report it before today. However since the police have had hundreds of calls, maybe they've only recently got round to speaking to her.

There is no mention in that article of whether this woman reported the screams in the park to the police immediately or not. Given that they've been heavily searching the park for days now, she probably did report it before today. However since the police have had hundreds of calls, maybe they've only recently got round to speaking to her.

Or maybe she reported it immediately but has only spoken to the press today.

DAILY MIRROR 22,45:

Libby was seen on a bench on Beverley Road at 11.45pm. Then at 12.09am police think she was on Beresford Avenue, leading to the park.

There was a report on Sunday (in The Mirror i think) that said Libby had last been seen on Beresford Avenue after midnight. This story was retracted later but i wonder now if this story was true. Maybe the police had some evidence of Libby being with this guy on this road but wanted to hold back this information for some reason? Maybe they had some video footage of his car but didn't want it yet to become public?

There’s a lot of posts saying she had no keys/was locked out but this isn’t known for def?? Did she leave her keys at home like her phone? the boys who saw her get out the taxi said she got out and walked away from her house, not that she went to door or was hunting for keys etc so she maybe did have keys after all so a lift home after sitting on a bench for 30/50 mins not out of the question??

This case has always disturbed me from the beginning but with every new piece of information it's truly starting to make me feel sick to my stomach. I never want to go outside in the dark by myself again. Not even in daylight either!

From the article Sera posted:

"They said they then spotted a man running out of Oak Road Playing Fields – minutes away from Libby’s home in Hull."
If he ran away, why would LE think she may be in the river? Isn't it just a pond or lake there? Would he have needed to put her in his vehicle and drive to the river. or is the river right there?

There’s a lot of posts saying she had no keys/was locked out but this isn’t known for def?? Did she leave her keys at home like her phone? the boys who saw her get out the taxi said she got out and walked away from her house, not that she went to door or was hunting for keys etc so she maybe did have keys after all so a lift home after sitting on a bench for 30/50 mins not out of the question??

We don’t know for certain where her keys are.

However, I don’t think she had them.

Though I think she may have drunkenly wanted to continue her night, in her position, I’d have gone in to get my phone, use the loo, fix make-up, get another drink etc. I think by the time she arrived in the taxi she knew she couldn’t get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc