Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what is sitting a bit odd with me. It is not a quiet area. It was a busy student night. You’d be hard pushed to get a quiet random half hour at that time.
That's what I mean: what happened during that half hour between taxi and bench when she was seen? I can't understand either why she wasn't noticed by more drivers. Even at that time of night I would have thought there'd still be reasonable flow of traffic. And if that cyclist coming out of Haworth Road turned left, what might he have seen?

The quotes attributed to his sister were quite specific. She said:
1) That her brother encountered the ‘crying girl’
2) That the girl asked him to take her home
3) That he keyed in the girl’s address into his SatNav
4) That the girl ‘threw herself at him’ but he spurned her advances because he is married

These are not the kind of details his sister would make up, or that could be easily misconstrued. They’re too specific. Of course, they don’t amount to proof, but they do tell us something.

"Satnav" could be an added box like the old TomTom or just his phone IMO

It's been mentioned for a reason though. I believe it's a key part of his defence.

Exactly

Everyone had TomTom in the day. I think these days many people just attach their phone to a clip?

I frequently use both the built in Satnav and my phone at once :D

With someone this sick it really points that there just has to be more incidents attributed to him. From what we know so far #4 in the link is the first incident listed that happened way back on July 2017. Thats a long time till now so it points to more incidents that must have happened either before or after that date.

Any burglaries would be a candidate too because depending on what he took then someone may not realize he had a sick fetish as well.

Pawel Relowicz's alleged crimes mapped as he denies offences
Devil's advocate: Unless he is singing like a cannary in jail I find it suspicious the police didn't have any idea who committed these crimes 2 weeks ago but are suddenly sure it is this guy. Even if they found some similar items (to those stolen) in his house, how do you positively ID knickers or sex toys as belonging to someone else?

Does no one have neighbourhood watch anymore?

Back in my days of living in suburbia in the 80s all the neighours used to meet once a month about this kind of stuff.

My street has neighbourhood watch but only because a retired neighbour kindly gives up time to run it and the rest of the neighbours are public spirited and take part, I can't imagine a mainly student area would be able to get something like that going.

We don't have meetings, we get emails with any information or updates

Devil's advocate: Unless he is singing like a cannary in jail I find it suspicious the police didn't have any idea who committed these crimes 2 weeks ago but are suddenly sure it is this guy. Even if they found some similar items (to those stolen) in his house, how do you positively ID knickers or sex toys as belonging to someone else?
A good question...visually??? o_O

I had a 2015 Astra with no built in satnav option. I had a Tom Tom unit instead but mostly just used my phone!

oh snap!

The late model german cars usually have it built in, but i actually prefer google maps on my phone if I am honest.

Only trouble is, when you are driving in crappy conditions/heavy traffic, i do value the big eyeline screen because you can keep your eyes swivelling in 360 and only look at the map in your peripheral vision

Interesting that all these charges and addresses related to them are all within metres of his own front doorstep and under the eyes of his wife too!

I'm baffled why someone would phone the police to report that 3 vibrators have been stolen!! Finding that one rather peculiar and a tad amusing in a weird way!

(I was thinking the same...)

Yes I hadn’t noticed. I’m trying to find original article where it came from.

THANKS - it states LS house however I thought her house was the one with garden and lots of big shrubs ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190211-200303_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190211-200303_Chrome.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 9
20:02KEY EVENT
What happened on 11th day of search
The search for Libby Squire entered its eleventh day on Monday.

This is what happened:

• Police and forensic investigators continued to examine a property in Raglan Street, off Newland Avenue
  • A search also continued at Oak Road playing fields, with officers cutting back undergrowth and cordoning off an area
  • Raglan Street residents were asked if they saw or heard anything unusual on the night Libby disappeared
  • Police said they continue to do everything they can to find Libby
  • A 24-year-old man arrested on suspicion of abduction remains under investigation

It's noted they keep having an interpreter. While he has been in the UK a few years he appears to be around the Polish community at work and outside in which he probably rarely speaks English. Doesn't this raise the question how he might have got Libby voluntarily to enter his vehicle? Having a good command of the English language means you could put her at ease and reassure her to gain trust. Having very little command of English and all broken up seems like it would be a barrier.
Sometimes when in this kind of a situation people pretend they can't speak the language. It can give them the upper hand if they think the police think they don't know what they are saying to eachother too. I taught a Polish boy once who as soon as he was in trouble just couldnt understand what you were saying. His English might be a lot better than he lets on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto