Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY was she crying? When she had got out of the taxi at her house around 11.30 she was drunk and stumbling but seemingly not visibly upset or disturbed. So what happened in the next half hour that left her sitting on a bench on the main road in a 'distressed' state? Had she already had an encounter with someone?
The grey bearded man who stopped to ask if she was ok also told police that she was distressed.

So are most people here firmly convinced the Haworth St CCTV footage shows a second person entering the car? It still looks to me more like the driver carefully lays a long coat or similar on the passenger seat. The police have unreleased CCTV of the bench area because of the grey-bearded-man (sorry to bring him up again!). That footage will presumably show any encounter between cigarette-man and Libby at the bench, and whether Libby follows him into the car or not, so I assume the police know this already. If that's not a person at the passenger side, maybe they had a creepy encounter at the bench, Libby headed off on foot to escape around 12.09, perhaps in the direction of home, and PR gets back in his car to pursue her? (But only after carefully arranging something over the passenger seat...hm, yes, I know it doesn't quite add up!)

Go to You Tube. Go to the Daily Fail you tube channel. It's magnified. On the Spiderweb CCTV click the cog in the bottom and slow the video down to 0,25. If you are on a phone or device you won't see as much as a big screen, but click the three dots.

WHY was she crying? When she had got out of the taxi at her house around 11.30 she was drunk and stumbling but seemingly not visibly upset or disturbed. So what happened in the next half hour that left her sitting on a bench on the main road in a 'distressed' state? Had she already had an encounter with someone?

The realisation could of kicked in thst she had no phone, no keys and possibly a long wait for her friends to return.

An out of court statement is indeed, evidence. Whether it is admissible in a court of law is another matter. If the person who made the statement testifies in court it's not hearsay. If the statement was by a defendant, it's not hearsay in the US. In the U.K. the rules on hearsay are even more liberal than here. Any statement that tends to "confess" something relevant to the charges, it comes in.

Hearsay Evidence in Criminal Trials - InBrief.co.uk

The realisation could of kicked in thst she had no phone, no keys and possibly a long wait for her friends to return.

I agree, lots of reasons for a young drunk woman separated from her friends on a cold January night sitting on a grotty bench late at night to be feeling a bit upset or sorry for herself. I've not read anything about the earlier events of the evening, anything could have happened to upset her

Good research. The description in both incidents sounds pretty close but this would be one way to tell for certain. Do we know if the arresttee has this tatoo?

"dragon tattoo on the right side of his neck."

Flasher on loose after two incidents in York

The report says the description is similar for both suspects then describes them quite differently!
I was thinking that the first description sounds more like PR? Not the tattoo fellow.

If the area houses a lot of Eastern Europeans, that probably includes some in the police force who may have helped interpret when necessary...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke