Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Just caught up on the thread and re: the charges brought..OMG!! A previous article/post (sorry I can’t find it again now) said he’d moved to Raglan St in Nov 2017 so he pretty much started offending straight away! I think I read they’d moved from York...another uni city...wonder what went on there??

Just a thought...wonder if he uses a ‘sat nav’ or google maps etc on his phone to scope out his targets and that’s how Libby’s postcode/address ended up in there? Especially given that’s where he’s accused of masturbating in public. I said on my first post I thought he’d been stalking her/trying to befriend her...wonder if it was Libby who reported that incident or one of her housemates and that’s why her friends were referred to as returning home to family?? I also wonder if that’s why the police responded so quickly to her missing?? So many questions!

You make some very valid points here. Any old news from York or the uni near York on previous behaviour?

@Miss_French

The further thought has just occurred. The police would be able to check if indeed a post code had been entered at all. If not they can ask where the bad info came from. Did PR lie to his sister or did she lie to the media. If there is a postcode entered they can match that with an address. That would either discount Libby being the passenger or reinforce the evidence.

Of course, and it's an incredible coincidence if there's another crying girl. And isn't it the case that liars give faaar too much detail? But AFAIK nowhere has a family member said Libby's name.

Aaah - we don't know that really do we? What MSM have reported his sister said just cannot be taken as fact, and facts together with firm evidence is all that can be firm evidence. Positive evidence, not rumour from 3rd party is what is needed by LE. Frustrating as it is for us here.
The quotes attributed to his sister were quite specific. She said:
1) That her brother encountered the ‘crying girl’
2) That the girl asked him to take her home
3) That he keyed in the girl’s address into his SatNav
4) That the girl ‘threw herself at him’ but he spurned her advances because he is married

These are not the kind of details his sister would make up, or that could be easily misconstrued. They’re too specific. Of course, they don’t amount to proof, but they do tell us something.

Because unlike many on here I look at the evidence and at this moment in time there is no evidence that she was ever in any car involved in this case so in fact the evidence shows she was not in the car. When I see Evidence she was in a car I will happily change my stance.
Not so, lack of evidence for something doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that it can't be proven, you could get in and out of a car without leaving evidence.

Right. So his own sister was approached by the media and just decides on a whim to tell them that her brother did indeed have the missing girl in his car - even though she has no reason whatsoever for saying it? Do you actually believe that she hadn't received that information from her brother? What about the claim that Libby threw herself at PR - did his sister merely imagine that too?

My take on it all along was PR told his wife this and the wife spoke to the family on the phone and passed this on

Ex Vauxhall guy here. The model with the alloy wheels on his is an Astra SXI, the colour is called Silver Lightening, like a pale grey/silver colour. They were never fitted with a built in sat nav on this model, only on the SRI or the Elite models as an option, the sat nav systems on them don't allow postcode entrants either, it's key in the town, street etc fully. Those alloys were available until 2006, they then changed the alloys with a mild facelift on the Astra. The engine size will either be 1.4, 1.6 petrol or a 1.7 CDTi. It's a mild sporty version.

So he lied about putting her address into the SatNav. Surprise!

They'll be well aware of how police failed to find Tia on the initial search so will be extra careful to not make that very same mistake and to make sure that she's not in that house. Anyone seen sniffer dogs going in there yet?

No. I'm puzzled about that.

Have just been browsing through today’s MSM and what is quite concerning is that apart from a handful of officers with strimmers there does not appear to be much action on the ground in relation to locating LS. I am trying to understand why they keep to a very localised area and do not appear to be widening the search area. Any thoughts?

Someone suggested the SatNav will keep track of all his movements so they know exactly where he went. But (see above) it seems his car doesn't have SatNav. So in lieu of that, they might have been able to piece together his movements with cctv and his phone pings. That might be the reason they're so focused on this area.

Can't resist this.

1, PRs Astra is a 2004-2010 model year version.
2, My *opinion* is it is a 2005 model year (the alloys design makes me think this).
3, I don't believe built-in sat nav was an option on this model but could well be wrong.

Brilliant! I do obsessive research if I'm buying a car (or new tech like digital camera, phone, sat nav), but I would only know the facts and figures for the models I've looked at.

Of course, and it's an incredible coincidence if there's another crying girl. And isn't it the case that liars give faaar too much detail? But AFAIK nowhere has a family member said Libby's name.

Yep. I agree.

Re the localised searching, I think they’ll have PR’s car on CCTV/triggering ANPR cameras so they pretty much know any route he has taken that night and that is informing their searches.

People have commented on the fact he hasn’t broken or swayed during 96 hours of interviewing. I’m thinking it is a lot easier if it’s not your native language- he will miss a lot of the body language and tone of what they are saying to him. I lived abroad for many years and whilst I knew the language reasonably well, I could never really tell what mood people were in when talking, so I would miss if someone was angry. JMO but I think not understanding, no matter how well translated would be to his benefit, I also think it must have taken almost twice as long to interview if everything was translated- the police won’t have had the same 96 hours that they would have if English was his first language.

Aaah - we don't know that really do we? What MSM have reported his sister said just cannot be taken as fact, and facts together with firm evidence is all that can be firm evidence. Positive evidence, not rumour from 3rd party is what is needed by LE. Frustrating as it is for us here.
Exactly- it was only reported once, and it could have been wrong or completely mistranslated. A grain of salt for now.

Ex Vauxhall guy here. The model with the alloy wheels on his is an Astra SXI, the colour is called Silver Lightening, like a pale grey/silver colour. They were never fitted with a built in sat nav on this model, only on the SRI or the Elite models as an option, the sat nav systems on them don't allow postcode entrants either, it's key in the town, street etc fully. Those alloys were available until 2006, they then changed the alloys with a mild facelift on the Astra. The engine size will either be 1.4, 1.6 petrol or a 1.7 CDTi. It's a mild sporty version.

And TheTruthWillOut loses 'biggest petrolhead' award to hitthenick.

Soz TTWO!

Unless it's built-in? There's Astras around 5 years old that have them, but wouldn't know from the shape of the car that was towed what age it was.
I had a 2015 Astra with no built in satnav option. I had a Tom Tom unit instead but mostly just used my phone!

Last edited:

No not necessarily so. He may have had a Tom Tom sat nav or something like it, or his phone even. Anyone who has a smart phone nowadays has access to google maps to use as a sat nav. I was only saying his car definitely won't have a factory fitted sat nav installed because it was never an option on his particular model of Astra.

RSBM - I don't think we should pay too much attention to this - we have at best a 2nd hand account of something that might have been said to the sister. At the time she had no reason to remember the conversation verbatim and imo repeated her recollection of it some time later, she may not even know how sat navs work if she doesn't drive and she certainly didn't know her comments were going to be forensically dissected it's totally understandable that she may have spoken a little losely.

I'm going to take it with a pinch of salt until we have more detail

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members