Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has lucked out to an extent that LE may have cctv of the Astra turning into Beresford Avenue to an assault heard in the park. He will claim he has dropped her off at the bottom of Wellesley Avenue before turning his vehicle at the top of Beresford Avenue to exit on to Beverley Road. Some 15 minutes later! Witness at Claremont Avenue would have seen man running for 40 metres on Oak Road at park exit as it has street lighting.

After abduction and assault he may have run back to his vehicle while LS may have made her way in the opposite direction to assailant. Bench inspected as it's a hard surface and no other signs found of struggle taking place on the ground and possibly still within earshot of witness. I wonder if LE kept the riverside bracken debris to sift through for clothing scraps, fibres, dna?

(There’s a show on Investigation Discovery here in the States called “Evil Lives Here”. It’s one of my favorite shows. It interviews family members, wives, children etc, of convicted murderers. The theme of the show is “But there had been signs...”. My point is chances are likely his wife could have noticed things that were off, but not necessarily suspected he was up to or capable of crimes of that magnitude, moo. Or maybe she did...

Ooh thanks for that heads up. I've just looked on youtube and there are episodes there. I will have a look. This sort of thing fascinates me too.

Yes, maybe the wife was a bit concerned why he kept going out in the dark - though going 'for a run' would get you out. Or starting a row on purpose then rushing out? But she will have been pre-occupied with a new baby and a toddler in the home.

I was hoping they'd find Libby today and so sad when there was no news of this.

Unless it's built-in? There's Astras around 5 years old that have them, but wouldn't know from the shape of the car that was towed what age it was.

Can't resist this.

1, PRs Astra is a 2004-2010 model year version.
2, My *opinion* is it is a 2005 model year (the alloys design makes me think this).
3, I don't believe built-in sat nav was an option on this model but could well be wrong.

Can't resist this.

2, My *opinion* is it is a 2005 model year (the alloys design makes me think this).
3, I don't believe built-in sat nav was an option on this model but could well be wrong.

I have noticed before - TTWO =you have such useful (?) knowledge of cars shown in pics here. Me, they re a certain colour and have four wheels ! Keep on, keeping on please. :D

Again, the sat nav would have a record of when the query was made.

Having said that, if it WAS from a previous encounter then why would he tell his sister he entered it that night, or why would she lie about it?

JMO
I really think what happened is once he got picked up for investigation then he called "Mommy" and/or his family to try to get a lawyer lined up and in that process of explaining to them what kind of doo doo he is in, he lied and lied some more to them.

I think the sister was trying to believe what he had told her and she was just relaying the lies he had told her. By now she may have come around to realizing he is not as nice as she thought he was.

Would the police have told the residents in that area though, even if it was reported at the time? I doubt they'd go round knocking on all the doors or posting leaflets saying "Watch out, there's a flasher about!"
I suppose they might have posted on social media about it at the time (anyone want to try and find anything?) but how likely is it that Libby or any 21 year old in general would follow their local police force on social media? I think if she was aware of the flashing incident, it would have been word of mouth rather than a warning from police.

When it happened to my daughter, at our home - police were called immediately - the paramedics arrived before police did and they were called the second time he came too and none of my neighbours were contacted.

The only time neighbours were door knocked is when it happened for a third time and he'd tried to get up to her bedroom window - it was the same week that a woman was raped on a pathway that exited near the rear of our home and police thought they might be connected (they weren't) and finally did house to house ... and as it turns out - my neighbours HAD seen a man who matched the description my daughter gave, hanging around ... but ordinarily - No, unless they put it on social media or 3 lines in the local news, I don't think police notify anyone.

What happened with Tia Sharp wasn't it, up in the loft... and they were living there. We don't know if perhaps wife was out for day or even away. He would have had to get her back to house though.

They'll be well aware of how police failed to find Tia on the initial search so will be extra careful to not make that very same mistake and to make sure that she's not in that house. Anyone seen sniffer dogs going in there yet?

Have just been browsing through today’s MSM and what is quite concerning is that apart from a handful of officers with strimmers there does not appear to be much action on the ground in relation to locating LS. I am trying to understand why they keep to a very localised area and do not appear to be widening the search area. Any thoughts?

Again, the sat nav would have a record of when the query was made.

Having said that, if it WAS from a previous encounter then why would he tell his sister he entered it that night, or why would she lie about it?

Aaah - we don't know that really do we? What MSM have reported his sister said just cannot be taken as fact, and facts together with firm evidence is all that can be firm evidence. Positive evidence, not rumour from 3rd party is what is needed by LE. Frustrating as it is for us here.

Can't resist this.

Ex Vauxhall guy here. The model with the alloy wheels on his is an Astra SXI, the colour is called Silver Lightening, like a pale grey/silver colour. They were never fitted with a built in sat nav on this model, only on the SRI or the Elite models as an option, the sat nav systems on them don't allow postcode entrants either, it's key in the town, street etc fully. Those alloys were available until 2006, they then changed the alloys with a mild facelift on the Astra. The engine size will either be 1.4, 1.6 petrol or a 1.7 CDTi. It's a mild sporty version.

Have just been browsing through today’s MSM and what is quite concerning is that apart from a handful of officers with strimmers there does not appear to be much action on the ground in relation to locating LS. I am trying to understand why they keep to a very localised area and do not appear to be widening the search area. Any thoughts?
If the person responsible for Libby’s disappearance managed to take her out of the immediate area, she could be anywhere for miles around. Where would the police begin looking? It seems they believe there’s at least a possibility that she’s still in the local area, hence their focus on it.

When it happened to my daughter, at our home - police were called immediately - the paramedics arrived before police did and they were called the second time he came too and none of my neighbours were contacted.

The only time neighbours were door knocked is when it happened for a third time and he'd tried to get up to her bedroom window - it was the same week that a woman was raped on a pathway that exited near the rear of our home and police thought they might be connected (they weren't) and finally did house to house ... and as it turns out - my neighbours HAD seen a man who matched the description my daughter gave, hanging around ... but ordinarily - No, unless they put it on social media or 3 lines in the local news, I don't think police notify anyone.

Good grief. That is shocking and frightening.

Aaah - we don't know that really do we? What MSM have reported his sister said just cannot be taken as fact, and facts together with firm evidence is all that can be firm evidence. Positive evidence, not rumour from 3rd party is what is needed by LE. Frustrating as it is for us here.

Thats the crux of it. Noise from media reporting needs to be removed and the facts ascertained. I dont know if the police will have access to the sister who allegedly made these remarks.

Ex Vauxhall guy here. The model with the alloy wheels on his is an Astra SXI, the colour is called Silver Lightening, like a pale grey/silver colour. They were never fitted with a built in sat nav on this model, only on the SRI or the Elite models as an option, the sat nav systems on them don't allow postcode entrants either, it's key in the town, street etc fully. Those alloys were available until 2006, they then changed the alloys with a mild facelift on the Astra. The engine size will either be 1.4, 1.6 petrol or a 1.7 CDTi. It's a mild sporty version.
Amazing knowledge!

they could be searching other areas?! All i can liken it to the samantha eastwood case as its the only case ive followed. Police arrested perp for kidnapping and then let him go but under surveillance. The perp led them to the burial site by going back and acting suspicious. They searched it for three days prior to it being mentioned in media. The police may have asked for no media attention. i cant help but think someone else is involved in helping him to cover this up. The pictures of libby being very prominent in hull ( video van etc) almost seem like they are trying to break someone.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member