Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You make some very valid points here. Any old news from York or the uni near York on previous behaviour?
Not sure, will have a look- there has been some recently though reported in York Press. Might add whilst Hull, York and Malton all look pretty spread out on a map, there are many locals commute between some of those three on a daily basis. In fact if you work for Yorkshire Council they all fall under the same work area and a number of schools in the three places are part of the same academies. It’s a bit spread out round here.

So he lied about putting her address into the SatNav. Surprise!

No. I'm puzzled about that.

Someone suggested the SatNav will keep track of all his movements so they know exactly where he went. But (see above) it seems his car doesn't have SatNav. So in lieu of that, they might have been able to piece together his movements with cctv and his phone pings. That might be the reason they're so focused on this area.

No, just that he didn't have a built-in Sat Nav in his car. Could have used his phone or a separate device e.g. Tom Tom.

The thing with the sisters quotes is that we don’t know what the questions were, we only hear one part of a conversation .... and we all know where that gets us . Im pretty sure she didn’t come out with it all straight in one long sentance

People have commented on the fact he hasn’t broken or swayed during 96 hours of interviewing. I’m thinking it is a lot easier if it’s not your native language- he will miss a lot of the body language and tone of what they are saying to him. I lived abroad for many years and whilst I knew the language reasonably well, I could never really tell what mood people were in when talking, so I would miss if someone was angry. JMO but I think not understanding, no matter how well translated would be to his benefit, I also think it must have taken almost twice as long to interview if everything was translated- the police won’t have had the same 96 hours that they would have if English was his first language.
I also feel his possible voyeurism may not have escalated directly to murder and so he is able to successfully deflect questions relating to her going missing as she may have been alive when he left the scene?

Just because his car doesnt have a sat nav fitted doesnt mean he doesnt own a Garmin or TomTom unit
Garmin or TomTom far more likely. Even if the car had built in sat nav, given the age of the car and the huge cost of official updates from car manufacturers it makes more sense to use a much newer device.

Is it possible that the Police are searching in the park because of something PR has told them, possibly on purpose to send them in the wrong direction? Could he have said that she was heading in the direction of the park in an attempt for them to concentrate their efforts on looking in the wrong place?

I would say this could be considered valuable witness information and testimony, but I’m not a Lawyer, maybe it could be considered hearsay?

I’m going to summon our fabulous Verified Professional attorney @gitana1, not sure if she’s available at the moment to possibly weigh in.

(Might as well summon all the lawyers I know here off the top of my head:
@Alethea, @PrairieWind
@Hraefn, @Mercedes
who else is a lawyer here, don’t know any UK lawyers I don’t think.. )

That is not evidence it is hearsay.

An out of court statement is indeed, evidence. Whether it is admissible in a court of law is another matter. If the person who made the statement testifies in court it's not hearsay. If the statement was by a defendant, it's not hearsay in the US. In the U.K. the rules on hearsay are even more liberal than here. Any statement that tends to "confess" something relevant to the charges, it comes in.

Hearsay Evidence in Criminal Trials - InBrief.co.uk

Thats the crux of it. Noise from media reporting needs to be removed and the facts ascertained. I dont know if the police will have access to the sister who allegedly made these remarks.

Likely he told police the same story. No need for them to ask the sister.

Of course, and it's an incredible coincidence if there's another crying girl. And isn't it the case that liars give faaar too much detail? But AFAIK nowhere has a family member said Libby's name.

WHY was she crying? When she had got out of the taxi at her house around 11.30 she was drunk and stumbling but seemingly not visibly upset or disturbed. So what happened in the next half hour that left her sitting on a bench on the main road in a 'distressed' state? Had she already had an encounter with someone?

An out of court statement is indeed, evidence. Whether it is admissible in a court of law is another matter. If the person who made the statement testifies in court it's not hearsay. If the statement was by a defendant, it's not hearsay in the US. In the U.K. the rules on hearsay are even more liberal than here. Any statement that tends to "confess" something relevant to the charges, it comes in.

Hearsay Evidence in Criminal Trials - InBrief.co.uk

So happy to see you here gitana :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members