Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FACT there were several cars driving in the street at the time 15 metres from where she was last seen, not necessarily where she went missing from, so why do we only seem concerned with this one when she could have got in any of the others. Oh I know because it looks similar to one that PR owns. How do we know a car did not stop and pick her up on main road while man in car was smoking or whatever he was doing? There is no cctv of her walking from the bench so I ask myself why are police so sure she wasn’t there at 12.09. Could it be they are trying to fit it in with the car in Howarth Street to explain to the magistrate why they need to keep him in custody? Ask yourself this. If there is Cctv of LS on the bench it would also show which direction she went in when she got up. If she didn’t go up or down the main road she must have gone into Howarth Street. So if there is no cctv of her leaving then she must either be still in Howarth or she has left in a vehicle.

I'm gonna respond to this...but not tonight I need sleep.

Long-Time Lurker, finally joined due to the quality of the bickering on offer.

A few observations...please clarify or correct if against TOC or downright wrong....

I tend to agree that in regards to cctv in the case so far, it's more important to consider what hasnt been released by Humberside Police than what has been released by various press agencies ( very much the dregs in terms of quality and relevence imho). News outlets, especially UK tabloid press, have sometimes been known to put commercial considerations before the 'correct' considerations, sometimes even to the extent that it has a negative impact on timings of events, outcomes, decisions etc that may have been different otherwise.

Likewise I feel that not every statement by LE can be taken as true, not in a corrupt attempt to falsify but as a tactic. Things of actual no importance are played up, things of actual huge importance are played down.

Less cryptic thankfully.... does the reported age of PR's youngest child have a bearing on a period of time of his obv high 'needs' not being met domestically perhaps ramp up any need to gratify elsewhere and less conventionally?

Are we taking PR's sister's statement to the press too much as an assumption that it will have been what PR's statements to LE will have been?

Edit to add... is it distasteful to suggest that the figure in the Haworth Ave car may not have been rolling/smoking or texting but that the unclear hand movements may be manipulating something a little more central to the charges?! ( no smoke, no lighter or cig flame seen, discreet jump cut in cctv)

All sounds sensible to me...don't leave lol

I was one of the people who was suspicious of the cyclist and said his face looks dark and said it could be a balaclava/beard/mask etc.. I thought it was strange that a cyclist was out at that time of night in freezing temperatures but other people here have rightly said it's not so strange in urban areas (I have always lived rurally so always a bit suspicious of activities at night).

I've mentioned the attempted attack of the balaclava man a few times too but I incorrectly stated it was in Libby's street (Wellesley) when it was actually Newland (I got the skate park rapist man who lived in Libby's street confused with this attack)..it also involved a vehicle which pulled up trying to get the victim into their car but was apparently a fake taxi. I can't find the source anymore, I'm sorry.

It's also really annoying I don't have the sources to post here but I'm sure numerous other people here know there's another alleged CCTV sighting of PR that we can't discuss but could completely change our opinion of whether he was involved or not based solely on where he was at a certain time.

It's not a popular opinion here but I'm veering more towards either PR didn't abduct her and she ran off and got into an accident herself/harmed herself, or a second person was involved working alongside PR which meant PR's timings/whereabouts have been covered up well if he was involved in any way.

This is what I've been saying all along. That he didn't quite do what the police think he did but by being a perverted flashing burlgar his worst nightmare has come true - he is caught up in something far bigger

I really don't think that guy in the cobweb CCTV is PR. I know it keeps being dismissed here but the daily mail made a point of saying "As part of their ongoing investigation, police arrested a 24-year-old man yesterday, thought he is not thought to be the man in the CCTV footage. "

CCTV probe in Libby Squire's disappearance after man caught on camera getting into car | Daily Mail Online

I DO however believe Libby was in PR's car, like his sister said, and there was an altercation which resulted in the neighbour hearing screams but at this moment I'm leaning more towards him leaving her at her house and either her returning to the bench and getting into the car with the CCTV guy, being abducted by someone else or wandering off on her own somewhere(like the Oak playing fields and that's why they don't have a specific place to search in the park but all over, guessing).
I know people here don't like hearing people say they don't believe he's guilty..sorry :/ He makes the perfect suspect though with the creeping/stealing/voyeurism and being one of the last people to see her.

I think they released that CCTV footage for a reason and that's to try and get that man to come forward to identify themselves and rules themselves out just because of the close proximity to where Libby was last seen. There could be numerous reasons why he isn't coming forward, maybe he's picking up a prostitute, maybe he was committing crimes that night, maybe he has a criminal record which would make the police suspicious that he could be involved or maybe he is actually someone who has abducted/hurt her. I just don't think it's PR.

I am about the only one who has been saying this about it possibly not being him and his worst nightmare has come true - he is now implicated in things far bigger than he has committed so far...

I can't seem to find what time the man with the grey hair stopped to check on the woman however we do know he was driving a Citroen, could this be the same citroen we see on the CCTV? Do the times match? If so I am wondering if the reason he stopped is maybe he saw PR pestering her and her crying and thats why he stopped to ask if she was ok, I'm wondering if he phoned the police and reported it?

Miss Marple you've sussed it! I wonder...

Wow there's so much repetition in here now, about cars, streets, where Libby lives, CCTV cameras and everything else.Some of us have been here from the beginning and it's tedious seeing people ask where the bench is, what cars are what and so on and so forth.

I so wish people would educate themselves properly when jumping into a massive thread and read facts, study where places are and use google maps and spend some time away from the thread and work out the locality, it's a half hour job folks.

FYI LIBBY lives at 32 Wellesley. Go on google maps and you will see two massive privets outside her front door

RP drives a Astra SXI 5 door hatchback, circa 2004-2006.

The Astra is on the CCTV at Howarth next to the bench ( the same Astra recovered by the police ), he is the guy in the video, Libby is the girl being placed into the front passenger seat.

On the other CCTv on Newlands Ave, the car circled is a Vauxhall Corsa 5 door hatchback not an Astra, so that car isn't the one being investigated. It's an immaterial CCTV footage.

He lives at 24 Raglan St.

Nobody knows who's the other houses are that have been in the media. Let's stop all this outlandish guessing on really silly things please.

The media are drying up now on Libby unfortunately, another few days and this is likely going to really quieten down unless they find her, personally, I doubt they will find her.

Please if you are a lurker, new or whatever, at least don't ask the very obvious questions, please research things properly, answers are everywhere.
I'll second that, and leave the wife out of it.

One newspaper said it wasn't thought to be him...and it was the daily mail, not sure we can trust them to quote facts.

Police havnt confirmed or denied but then they don't have to.
It still could've been the same car.

Reactions: JDG
I am probably going over old ground here as I haven't been able to keep up with the speed of these threads, but I can't help wondering if one of Libby's drinks had been spiked.

I can’t sleep.

I’m having a few issues about cobweb cctv.
The video released Tuesday of LS at the Welly was a copy that had been filmed on a device prior to the original being given to the police.
The cobweb video was released on the 8th just a few hours prior to the police having to apply to the magistrate for an extension to detain PR. Now this video was circulated via ITV not the police but this was not a copy of a monitor it was the actual footage from the camera.
This footage must have been given to ITV by the police as ITV would have had to turn it in as evidence if they had received it from the source. I think they did this so they could tell the magistrate that new footage had come to light possibly showing the suspect taking LS away in his car to guarantee the extension or PR probably would have walked.
The question this raises is if they know it’s not PR and the film is a red herring to convince the magistrate, why have they not appealed for the driver to come forward to eliminate him from the enquiry? Have they already done so? Or did LS get into a car but the driver was not PR?
If they really believed it was PR then surely he would not be a person of interest but an official suspect.
If it’s not PR who is it?

I can’t sleep.

I’m having a few issues about cobweb cctv.
The video released Tuesday of LS at the Welly was a copy that had been filmed on a device prior to the original being given to the police.
The cobweb video was released on the 8th just a few hours prior to the police having to apply to the magistrate for an extension to detain PR. Now this video was circulated via ITV not the police but this was not a copy of a monitor it was the actual footage from the camera.
This footage must have been given to ITV by the police as ITV would have had to turn it in as evidence if they had received it from the source. I think they did this so they could tell the magistrate that new footage had come to light possibly showing the suspect taking LS away in his car to guarantee the extension or PR probably would have walked.
The question this raises is if they know it’s not PR and the film is a red herring to convince the magistrate, why have they not appealed for the driver to come forward to eliminate him from the enquiry? Have they already done so? Or did LS get into a car but the driver was not PR?
If they really believed it was PR then surely he would not be a person of interest but an official suspect.
If it’s not PR who is it?
I wonder if there is a brother in Hull?

I wonder if there is a brother in Hull?
I think it’s strange that they put out a request for grey beard man to come forward to eliminate him but they haven’t for the driver in cobweb video. This man was allegedly parked a few meters from LS so they must know she never got in the car.

I think it’s strange that they put out a request for grey beard man to come forward to eliminate him but they haven’t for the driver in cobweb video. This man was allegedly parked a few meters from LS so they must know she never got in the car.
I always assumed they knew the reg and that Libby got into the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member