Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not familiar with that river but it was subzero temperatures the night Libby disappeared. I once jumped into a freezing cold lake mid December (not off my own accord I was on a stupid Duke of Edinburgh trip with school and they basically forced me to do it) I was unable to move, teachers had to jump in to save me from drowning. I feel from that experience if Libby did enter the water without anyone around to help and being drunk on top of it then it won’t have ended well.

As this question has been asked - falling into cold water - popping this link here. From RNLI and explains the difficulties :
Cold Water Shock - Water Safety Tips - Know The Risks

Thank you, I'm trying to a feeling for it from 3D Google maps but it's hard to tell. Looks steeper in parts than others, and also quite muddy/stony on the banks. Is the river Hull fast flowing? Say if you saw someone fall in would you think "oh that's the end of them then" or would you be optimistic they'd be able to swim to the side or at least not get swept away?

Oddly not long before Christmas somebody DID fall in to the river a little closer to the city centre (Chapman Street Bridge) and managed to hang on to the side long enough that a barge returning from Rix saw him and stopped to help.

Its roughly 3.3 miles worth of winding river from Oak Road point to the River Humber.

Attachments

• screenshot-www.daftlogic.com-2019.02.13-12-58-30.png
    screenshot-www.daftlogic.com-2019.02.13-12-58-30.png
    602.6 KB · Views: 11
Someone said she uses the gym, do we know if this is fact?
I wonder if they were both a member of the same gym, one of his selfies was taken at xcersize for less, it's based on Clough road, very close to this area.

Someone said she uses the gym, do we know if this is fact?
I wonder if they were both a member of the same gym, one of his selfies was taken at xcersize for less, it's based on Clough road, very close to this area.

I think it was just a theory some people made because she is a young woman and we know he likes to go to the gym. PR needs a translator so his English can’t be great, on this basis I personally don’t think Libby knew him well if at all. Maybe she had seen him in the area with his young children? That could possibly have swayed her to trust him and get into his car?

Re the screams, this is the witness quote:

I woke at about quarter past 12 and there was a scream. It sounded like a woman’s scream towards the back of the park, where the river bank and pond is. Then 30 seconds later there was another scream. She must have screamed seven or eight times. All of the screams had gaps between them. The screams must have gone on for about 15 minutes. They sounded eerie, they sounded dark. Then I saw a male running, but not looking back.

Wasn't there a bit about the running man not being dressed for the weather, or something like that? Can anyone find it? I know we discussed it because we made a potential link to car man possibly wearing shorts.

I'm trying to work out if the screams could have been Libby trying repeatedly to scrabble up the bank. Or whether it was the sound of her getting attacked. (yes I know it might not even have been Libby..)

Oddly not long before Christmas somebody DID fall in to the river a little closer to the city centre (Chapman Street Bridge) and managed to hang on to the side long enough that a barge returning from Rix saw him and stopped to help.

Its roughly 3.3 miles worth of winding river from Oak Road point to the River Humber.

Has there been much checking of it?

I guess they would have run up and down it with a launch a few times

I think it was just a theory some people made because she is a young woman and we know he likes to go to the gym. PR needs a translator so his English can’t be great, on this basis I personally don’t think Libby knew him well if at all. Maybe she had seen him in the area with his young children? That could possibly have swayed her to trust him and get into his car?
If English is not your first language a translator will be present to ensure that the accused can answer the charges and understand the proceedings. It's to avoid any procedural appeals based on a lack of understanding. It's not necessarily an indication of his ability to speak English.

She is 21, apparently used a gym and would be fuelled by adrenaline. Running away might be uncoordinated but stamina in those circumstances would not be an issue.

In the footage from The Welly CCTV she does appear very drunk but right at the beginning you can see her adjust herself to try to hide behind the bloke in front to disguise her approach to the queue. She was obviously aware of her state and trying to compensate. A further hour outside in the cold with no further alcohol should have sobered her up a little. I think she would have had a good chance of trying to get away from any danger if needed.

Yeh I hadn't considered adrenaline to be honest.

IMO he/they need to grid out the areas they search first. They don't just swim around vaguely.

He has just gone into the middle and the other side of the pond as well.
Maybe the Single-Diver's route followed a specific suspected/possible route...i.e signs of a previous entry in or around that point or a previous exit point there or at other side also examined?

Did they even search the river seriously?

They don't seem that focussed on it

I don’t get why they don’t seen to be searching the river, and the banks along the river walk towards the city. The river meanders and sometimes objects can be pushed towards the edges. Waiting for the next low tide during the day could reveal a body

Not true. An Australian would think they were practically in walking distance!

We are a bit wussy when it comes to travel. I mean, I'm only an hour or so away from Hull and could technically drive over, have a good look round, take loads of pictures, have some lunch, compile a dossier, upload it here, and still get back in time for the school run. But it's just a bit far innit.

Yes, but you’re a mum and therefore wonderwoman. You could do this easy and still have dinner on the table for 6! ;)

Maybe the action of the Single-diver was v s

Maybe the Single-Diver's route followed a specific suspected/possible route...i.e signs of a previous entry in or around that point or a previous exit point there or at other side also examined?

He seemed to swim out to a particular spot

Yeh I hadn't considered adrenaline to be honest.

Yup, adrenaline and booze can give you what is sometimes known as the "beer scooter" (Viz?).
I used to get this a lot. I used to run home after work when I had been working at a bar. Often I wouldn't even feel tired at all when normally and sober I would get out of breath really quickly.

Re the screams, this is the witness quote:

I woke at about quarter past 12 and there was a scream. It sounded like a woman’s scream towards the back of the park, where the river bank and pond is. Then 30 seconds later there was another scream. She must have screamed seven or eight times. All of the screams had gaps between them. The screams must have gone on for about 15 minutes. They sounded eerie, they sounded dark. Then I saw a male running, but not looking back.

Wasn't there a bit about the running man not being dressed for the weather, or something like that? Can anyone find it? I know we discussed it because we made a potential link to car man possibly wearing shorts.

I'm trying to work out if the screams could have been Libby trying repeatedly to scrabble up the bank. Or whether it was the sound of her getting attacked. (yes I know it might not even have been Libby..)

It very well could have been her trying to get up the river bank, what I find interesting is whether the guy spotted running away from the park was on foot running down the road. Surely PR’s car was parked in the car park and that wasn’t visible from any houses. Why would he run away from his car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro