Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this thread for a couple of days.

I live somewhere between the Welly Club on Beverley Road and Raglan Street/Newland Avenue.

I've lived around this area for 20 or so years and know the area well. I'm a cyclist and a photographer, so I do get in the nooks and craneys of the city, often at night as well. I know Beresford Park area well, and that area of the river and the drain.

There's a lot about this case that makes no sense, and mostly it is linked to timings.

There is so much that doesn't make sense, I wondered if the Police were doing that on purpose to wrong-foot someone who they thought was till at large?

Things I don't get;
1 - Why her mother was so bombastic about her getting home. I believe the Police agreed with her afterwards. DID the mother accidentally give away info the Police had given her that she wasn't meant to make public?

2 - Her journey home from the nightclub. Police are insistent she gets 'home' at 11:29. Did I read that was from the taxi confirming the drop off on it's computer? But then why can't they confirm the pick up? There is a taxi rank close to Welly, so it's probable that the taxi was parked up outside as they often are, or perhaps he had just dropped off?

Regardless, and I know they qualify the pick up time as 'around 11pm' but to claim that the journey took 29 minutes is insane. It's 4-5 minutes at the most. It's a mile, and a little bit maybe, late night, one or two traffic lights junctions.

Does that mean that shes/they were so drunk it took them 15 minutes to get her in a taxi? Why does the taxi firm not provide a definitive fair start?

3 - Being turned away from Welly. Was it the bouncers or her friends who helped her into the taxi that 'confirmed' the approx time of 11am?

This batch of 'friends' bothers me a little. (And not for the reasons of 'abandoning' their friend). One of her 'best friends' spoke to the media a few days ago - I recall him saying 2 things of interest - 1) that she often went out without her phone and 2) the last time HE saw her was at a house party, they all left in groups to go to Well, when he got into Welly he heard that she hadn't got in.

So have we heard from any of the actual friends who physically put her in the taxi? Or have we heard from any of the bouncers that they remember turning her away?

AND if her other friends did bundle her into the taxi, did they know, as he suggest they might, that she didn't have her phone or keys on her?

So that raises the question that I've seen raised here, did she have her keys and phone and txt her mum when she got home... i.e. the end of the taxi ride, but not necessarily inside her house.

We also don't know the make up of the shared house - it could be one with a communal front door and separate flats, in which case she could have entered the front door into the hall but not got into her room because she didn't have her key?

Her sitting on the bench suggests two possibilities to me;
1 - she did not have her keys/phone and was drunk/upset/disorientated and so went to sit on the bench?
or
2 - she made it home, and went out to meet someone

The report I read early on stated that the Police removed her phone from her room not just from the property - but it's unclear if that was a media mash.

Anyway, sorry about the long ramble post, didn't mean to go on so much!

This has got people around here gripped, and not in a pleasant way.

I agree - the taxi journey would have taken 5 minutes. There is no way the journey would have taken 29 minutes. The time of her friends putting her in a taxi is sketchy at 'around 11', could it be that she had tried to get into the club at 11. If they have traced the taxi driver which I think they have, if the meter/computer can confirm the time she got out of the taxi I would also expect it to be able to confirm the time that the journey began. Have any of the friends who put her in a taxi said anything or was it bouncers who put her in the taxi. How drunk would she have had to been before they refused entry to the club. Why didn't she go into her house (assuming she didn't) - no key is the logical explanation but there could be other reasons - went for a takeaway, went down there hoping to meet someone etc. I think it's highly likely the house is a shared HMO for students. So that's basically one large house with multiple bedrooms and shared kitchen and living room and they all have their own bedrooms. Some can be full en-suite or only with a basin and some have shared bathrooms. I had a look online and there are HMO properties in the street that she lives on.

There could be a variety of reasons the taxi ride may have taken longer - they might have pulled over to allow her to be sick, she might have needed to stop at a cash machine or takeaway on the way, there might have been confusion/debate about where she was getting dropped.

We just don’t know.

11:02
Reporter asked to leave the scene
Our reporter has politely been asked by the search teams to vacate the area so that they can continue their searches.

12:54
Minimal police activity
There is minimal police activity at the site in Oak Road playing fields at the moment, after officers were seen searching the area this morning.

A cordon still remains in place at the moment.

12:59
Police using chainsaws and tools
There are a few officers still searching Oak Road fields, and are now using chainsaws to clear some of the vegetation in the search area.

Libby Squire latest as police continue search in Hull's Oak Road

A few recent updates from Hull Live for anyone who hasn't had time to check. Nothing major.

11:02
Reporter asked to leave the scene
Our reporter has politely been asked by the search teams to vacate the area so that they can continue their searches.

12:54
Minimal police activity
There is minimal police activity at the site in Oak Road playing fields at the moment, after officers were seen searching the area this morning.

A cordon still remains in place at the moment.

12:59
Police using chainsaws and tools
There are a few officers still searching Oak Road fields, and are now using chainsaws to clear some of the vegetation in the search area.

Libby Squire latest as police continue search in Hull's Oak Road

A few recent updates from Hull Live for anyone who hasn't had time to check. Nothing major.

Chainsaws?! Suggesting the vegetation is very dense. What on earth are they hoping to find buried under it?!

Can I just chime in with a possible taxi theory. I think I mentioned it in thread 1 or 2.

Libby was put in the taxi at 11 ish (big "ish" as we're relying on drunk people) perhaps a local can confirm if it was likely to be the sort of taxi you can just get in without booking? For example in Leeds only black and white cabs are supposed to stop ad hoc on street - licensed cabs I think they're called - the other taxi companies are supposed to wait for a proper booking from their HQ.

Anyway, I digress. If Libby just got in a street cab it might not keep exact records of journey times. However.... the boys over the road had presumably phoned and ordered a taxi from their house, which arrived at a similar time as Libby's taxi was there, so maybe it was the boys taxi which recorded the 11:29 time.

I live somewhere between the Welly Club on Beverley Road and Raglan Street/Newland Avenue.

I've lived around this area for 20 or so years and know the area well. I'm a cyclist and a photographer, so I do get in the nooks and craneys of the city, often at night as well. I know Beresford Park area well, and that area of the river and the drain.

There's a lot about this case that makes no sense, and mostly it is linked to timings.

There is so much that doesn't make sense, I wondered if the Police were doing that on purpose to wrong-foot someone who they thought was till at large?

Things I don't get;
1 - Why her mother was so bombastic about her getting home. I believe the Police agreed with her afterwards. DID the mother accidentally give away info the Police had given her that she wasn't meant to make public?

2 - Her journey home from the nightclub. Police are insistent she gets 'home' at 11:29. Did I read that was from the taxi confirming the drop off on it's computer? But then why can't they confirm the pick up? There is a taxi rank close to Welly, so it's probable that the taxi was parked up outside as they often are, or perhaps he had just dropped off?

Regardless, and I know they qualify the pick up time as 'around 11pm' but to claim that the journey took 29 minutes is insane. It's 4-5 minutes at the most. It's a mile, and a little bit maybe, late night, one or two traffic lights junctions.

Does that mean that shes/they were so drunk it took them 15 minutes to get her in a taxi? Why does the taxi firm not provide a definitive fair start?

3 - Being turned away from Welly. Was it the bouncers or her friends who helped her into the taxi that 'confirmed' the approx time of 11am?

This batch of 'friends' bothers me a little. (And not for the reasons of 'abandoning' their friend). One of her 'best friends' spoke to the media a few days ago - I recall him saying 2 things of interest - 1) that she often went out without her phone and 2) the last time HE saw her was at a house party, they all left in groups to go to Well, when he got into Welly he heard that she hadn't got in.

So have we heard from any of the actual friends who physically put her in the taxi? Or have we heard from any of the bouncers that they remember turning her away?

AND if her other friends did bundle her into the taxi, did they know, as he suggest they might, that she didn't have her phone or keys on her?

So that raises the question that I've seen raised here, did she have her keys and phone and txt her mum when she got home... i.e. the end of the taxi ride, but not necessarily inside her house.

We also don't know the make up of the shared house - it could be one with a communal front door and separate flats, in which case she could have entered the front door into the hall but not got into her room because she didn't have her key?

1 - she did not have her keys/phone and was drunk/upset/disorientated and so went to sit on the bench?
or

The report I read early on stated that the Police removed her phone from her room not just from the property - but it's unclear if that was a media mash.

Hi Strontium69!
Really great post that raises some good questions I think...
1 - re: her Mum that’s recently got me thinking too. I was wondering that too...

2 - I’ve seen this raised very early on re: the time of the taxi journey. I’d lost sight of this in all the other updates etc but it’s a good question...WHY did it take so long? I don’t think we know do we?

I think the Police have a lot of key things that the public don’t know, as is to be expected. I wonder if you might be right about the police trying to ‘wring foot’ someone. Do you still think that’s the case?

Somebody asked about the River... it swings from extremely low to extremely high - it can be lapping right up at the top, and it can also entirely vanish, literally, to a couple of inches.

20934958_10155659569869993_6829718728877661242_o.jpg

(I have video somewhere of a couple of cruisers in lower water than that barge!

Attachments

• IMG_9988s.jpg
    IMG_9988s.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 17
Let's suppose that your friends were so pissed that they sent you home alone when you couldn't even stand up or make a sentence? Would they alert police as soon as they walked in the door, or the next morning?

Libby was said to be reported missing 'in the early hours' rather than the morning and the former suggests shortly after they got back. The friends said they usually heard from Libby, so have they been checking each others phones for a message from her during the night or as they left the club? Have they got home, called out, no response, found her phone and seen it's not been used?

'Libby's best friend Lauren Goodman also urged anyone with information to come forward. Lauren said Libby would always let someone know she is safe, even if she were to lose her phone and not doing so is out of character.'

Libby Squire's parents make emotional plea to missing daughter

Also 'Pal Ryan Tweddle said "Police came yesterday and took some items, such as a phone, from her room." '

https://www-hulldailymail-co-uk.cdn...ews/libby-squire-ryan-tweddell-speaks-2500924

There could be a variety of reasons the taxi ride may have taken longer - they might have pulled over to allow her to be sick, she might have needed to stop at a cash machine or takeaway on the way, there might have been confusion/debate about where she was getting dropped.

We just don’t know.

That's right - we don't know, but even if the taxi had stopped to let her out to be sick on the way home, I doubt the journey time would have been almost half an hour. Most taxi drivers would want passengers who feel sick out of their car as fast as possible. I think it is possible that it was around 11 that she was refused entry to the club. If they refused her entry I'm assuming that she was too drunk (difficulty in walking)? The logical explanation for her then not going inside her house (if she didn't) is that she did not have her keys. She managed to walk to the bench so it does make me wonder how drunk she was. Could there be another reason that she didn't get in - I'm not suggesting there was but say there was an argument between friends outside the club, could they refuse entry? Also, if someone was verbally abusive towards the bouncers, they could refuse entry? Is there an entry fee for this club?

Things I don't get;

or

I think it's strange that no CCTV footage has been put out by the police. If people go missing would they not usually have a collection of CCTV images to jog people's memory's?

There's been no showing of the Cctv of her outside the club. None of her on the bench. None that shows a person who is 100% pr .

If they had anything of use would they not be showing it on the news asking people to remember if they saw anything?

I'm starting to wonder if initially they saw that pr was in the area, checked him out and thought that's our man and put all resources on him.

Libby was said to be reported missing 'in the early hours' rather than the morning and the former suggests shortly after they got back. The friends said they usually heard from Libby, so have they been checking each others phones for a message from her during the night or as they left the club? Have they got home, called out, no response, found her phone and seen it's not been used?

'Libby's best friend Lauren Goodman also urged anyone with information to come forward. Lauren said Libby would always let someone know she is safe, even if she were to lose her phone and not doing so is out of character.'

Libby Squire's parents make emotional plea to missing daughter

Also 'Pal Ryan Tweddle said "Police came yesterday and took some items, such as a phone, from her room." '

https://www-hulldailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/libby-squire-ryan-tweddell-speaks-2500924.amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/libby-squire-ryan-tweddell-speaks-2500924

Did someone say they were at a house party before heading to the club? Is it possible someone put something in her drink at the party that could have contributed to her being refused entry to the club.

Can I just chime in with a possible taxi theory. I think I mentioned it in thread 1 or 2.

Libby was put in the taxi at 11 ish (big "ish" as we're relying on drunk people) perhaps a local can confirm if it was likely to be the sort of taxi you can just get in without booking? For example in Leeds only black and white cabs are supposed to stop ad hoc on street - licensed cabs I think they're called - the other taxi companies are supposed to wait for a proper booking from their HQ.

Anyway, I digress. If Libby just got in a street cab it might not keep exact records of journey times. However.... the boys over the road had presumably phoned and ordered a taxi from their house, which arrived at a similar time as Libby's taxi was there, so maybe it was the boys taxi which recorded the 11:29 time.

The club opens at 10:30pm so around 11pm is when a lot of people start to turn up so there should be a lot of taxis around. Only black cabs can pick up without a booking while the regular taxis you have to book first but it's not unknown for them to pick up people anyway. As a lot of people will use a pre-booked to go to the club, if I recall the main taxi company has 300 or so cars if not more, it's likely she could have got into one of those and as it was a quick job (supposedly) they sometimes will not clock them in as it's technically not legal but there doesn't seem to be many people that really care either way which is why there could be a discrepancy about the times of pick up and arrival at her home.

In the big town I used to live in the rule was that a Black Cab/London type car/Hackney Carriage) could pick up without a booking, but a private hire car had to have a booking. So that's the same rule as for in Leeds...I thought that was a national rule? Even private hire firms have meters in their cars though, and it would be unusual to not have the meter running. And private hire cars usually, in business hours, call into their 'headquarters' to tell them that they've picked up their fare (their passenger). I did once get into a private hire car where I live now without a booking, not one that was plying on the street, but I have no idea if he was supposed to do that or not. It's so long since my clubbing days...I would think that a lot of places would have some taxis outside ready to take people home, plus at the time Libby's group arrived there would also be taxis pulling up bringing people in.

Did someone say they were at a house party before heading to the club? Is it possible someone put something in her drink at the party that could have contributed to her being refused entry to the club.

I honestly think she was just really drunk. Lots of these girls (and guys) will start drinking vodka or something similar a few hours before even going out and if you are slurring your words or walking really badly you will be refused entry. All accounts point to her being very drunk. I am sure I have read people saying that it must be drugs because you have to be totally out of it to be refused entry at Welly when this isn't true at all, they are like every other place and if you stumble you will be told not tonight.

If her keys were found in her room, and none of her clothes etc from night before were there, that could make her being missing more of an emergency, as her friends, and police would realize she could not have gotten inside. And the cold weather. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panchoept