Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With PR's sister saying he was in the car with her we can assume he and Libby were actually together and he gave her a lift, I agree with you guys on that, and probably tried it on with her hence the screams that were heard, but there's no indication he is actually the Haworth cobweb guy.

Some of us have more info regarding other sources of CCTV which we're not allowed to discuss here which actually works out badly for this forum because I feel like the bulk of these threads have been focusing on the assumption he's guilty.

Knowing all the other horrible things he's done it's good that he's behind bars and off the streets but imagine if he had no criminal history and was a good guy who gave her a lift home but he was being shredded to pieces on a forum and having his life torn apart because people are making assumptions about him being the Haworth guy and 'abducted' a young woman.

I'll be the first to put my hands up in the future and apologise I'm wrong because I have no desire to defend the dirty beggar but I feel like opinions here are being stated as fact by people and then cemented as fact for dozens of pages.

Very well said, thank you. We should all keep open mind and be also open to different discussions, opinions and views.

Could it be because they had cobweb man in the cells and the car in the lab?

Just a wild guess
So why did they need to show us someone they already had in custody. Where’s the public interest.
It’s like crimewatch holding a reconstruction for someone already convicted

I don’t disagree. Everything you say sounds reasonable. Apart from the fact that why would they release it if they already knew who everyone in the video was. If that’s the case why do the public need to see it. They haven’t released any of the other “ hundreds of hours “ of cctv.

The media released it not the police.

They just want to sell stories and advertising space.

Maybe all the other hours of footage that could have been sold to the MSM havnt been because the owners of that footage felt it was unnecessary and maybe a little insensitive.

They didn't NEED the public to see it. If we needed to see it the police would have released it.

As a popular place I imagine the welly had it's own cctv and the police got all the CCTV they needed from there directly. I think that they were also probably happy with all accounts with what happened there as she was with a group of friend and it looks like it's all corroborated. Which is why any potential CCTV from there was never released.

As for the new CCTV I think that's probably about making a bit of money.

I have been in a far worse state then her and got myself home many times. She was doing what most young adults do every day. It's so incredibly sad what ever the outcome. I tell my son repeatedly you go together you come home together!!

Also to add any of you that wear Van's know there is zero grip on them mixed with the ice and snow I think that's why her gate is exaggerated some what as well as the drink.

Heard the reason he stopped was due to LS being laid on the floor in the snow with cuts on her legs. Sat back on the bench and insisted she was okay. Can’t remember the exact source but what I’ve heard.

Been lurking for a while and had to sign up, especially with this being on my doorstep so to speak!

Where did you see that mentioned, about her on ground? That would make more sense, seeing someone fall and flail on the ground, to stop and get out of a car to help, rather than just seeing a girl sitting on a bench crying. But it also means that she wasn't already there when seen; sounds like maybe she had just crossed over Beverly Road and heading down towards the Welly.

I wonder what this person means by the sound of someone being “harassed?”

But she said the nature of the scream she heard on Friday morning was unusual and sounded like a woman was “being harassed”.

She said the scream was followed by male voices and the sound of a “bang”.

She said: “It was an urgent scream. It was panicked. It sounded like she was being harassed. That’s not unusual but not that kind of scream.”

She said she had spoken to police about what she had heard.
Officers to speak to people in area where Libby Squire was last seen in Hull - AOL

They were able to ask him anything once he was under arrest. They arrested him on suspicion of abduction but at the time had no evidence of that. It was the flashing that alerted them. They obviously had no evidence of connection with disappearance as they don’t appear to have any now as he is remanded on the other charges not on anything connected with LS.
They cant arrest him for abduction with some evidence of abduction ..they cant use flashing evidence to hold him for questioning on abduction

Just reading in the Mail about the Hollie Gazzard case, made me think: we haven't heard about any boyfriend/girlfriend LS had, either recently or in the last years?

This is the point I was trying to make. You can put as much sway on the cobweb car as you like but it’s not evidence.
If there was any actual evidence that LS had been in his Astra and due to the fact she is still missing he would have been charged with abduction. They would have months before the trial to find LS to complete the puzzle.
Not neccessarily...eg he could have admitted she was in his car ..to charge they would need to prove he didn't drop her off somewhere safely

Reactions: bos
Yes, good point. How DID they keep getting extensions? They're generally only granted for really serious crimes like murder, not sure that any of his current charges would qualify.
Jmo but in order to hold him they would have to show either she was in his car at some point or at least he communicated with her that night

Catching up from last night,
I've read some post stating that the car on Haworth street wasn't his, now let's go with this theory,
Why have the police not issued an appeal for that person to come forward, they know it was in the area at the right time, they know he headed in the direction of where she was sat, so why was there no appeal like there was with the citroen? Or have I missed it?
On a separate note was there ever an appeal for the biker? I have search but can't find anything

I'd say so yes.. I'm so sure they had him under surveillance before that footage was released which us why they asked for it not to be released on the Sunday.

Agreed.

IMO that footage was the first breakthrough of the case. The second breakthrough was when the car led them to PR, and he admitted Libby was in his car.

We can read quite a bit from the tea leaves.

When Beck Watts went missing, massive searches took place all around that part of Bristol. Loads of volunteers were mobilised for days on end.

In this case, Libby's family are not doing that. The police are not doing that.

Why?

In my opinion the lack of that kind of activity and focus on a highly defined area shows that the police have strong evidence she never left the neighbourhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor