Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RL has only been before magistrates so far. He is due to appear before Crown Court on March 11th I believe. He may well change his plea at this hearing after advice, or just go for 'not guilty - prove it' plea which is not uncommon. We will have to wait and see what occurs. Too soon to know anything.

Thanks, I wondered when his case would be up.

What is the minimum needed to charge lesser (than abduction) offences? At what point in the procedure would charges be thrown out? Trial?

I would assume that this must be based upon either: things found during search at his home combined with perhaps some witness identification .....probably someone ringing in after seeing his mugshot on tv..saying "thats the guy who was masturbating at my window"
OR
The other possibility is that unbeknown to us, this guy may have some history of this type of offence - that combined with any sort of find in the search would represent enough for "a realistic prospect of prosecution"

"A realistic prospect of prosecution" is the standard test for the CPS.

In this case the police will have needed to show some good reason to a magistrate in order to obtain the initial search warrant.

Then they have produced something to convince the courts to grant maximum extension to custody

And have also got the nod from the CPS

So the 2 possibilities here are that this is a widespread plot to frame this chap,and keep him locked up while they do it
Or
They have a decent amount of evidence against him AND huge reason to believe him capable and likely to have committed abduction

And much of this evidence is for one reason or another being kept out of the public domain

For now i would be happy to extend the benefit of the doubt to humberside police

Hi I'm only new on this..i have been following this case here in NI..and the thing is if he did steal sex toys and underwear then where were they hidden? Or has he got somewhere else he keeps these things..?! Because what would be your explanation to your wife if you brought these home? Its not just one or two i read its been quite a few..As for LS I don't think it was premeditated..i think an opportunity has arose and he's went with it. I do think maybe they have met before..and I was thinking gym..and that L has felt safe with a friendly face..hence turning the other guys lift down before, sorry if this has been spoken about before I just cant get her out of my head.. I hope she is found soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro