Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry if you think it’s harsh
I just don’t understand why someone would want to visit just do do their own reconstruction so they could get the feel of the place and feel the emotions.
But again I didn’t mean to offend.
It just seems strange to me.

Isn’t that essentially what we are all doing online? Mental reconstructions, trying to feel the emotions of what the heck went down that night? Whether you drive that road online or in your car, you’re driving that road. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credit to you.. you have.

I drift in and out off this way of thinking.

I just can't see a flashing, sex toy pinching pervert thinking anything other than depraved thoughts when he sees a drink young woman sat on a bench late at night alone.

I'm not saying he set out to murder her but let's be honest if she was as drunk as we are assuming was she capable of consenting anyway??

To me that reads as if she accepts a lift from a stranger she is leading him on....I know you don't mean it that way but it doesn't sit comfortable with me.

It's almost like a form of victim blaming....she didn't like something he did, ran off and fell in a river. Still makes him guilty in my eyes.

I think he was stepping up from his public masturbating and thought she was a good option to try a full on assault.

I wouldn't be surprised if more charges are heading his way too.

Lets hope they find more charges soon.

BTW I was just happy to not be a lone voice anymore. Though I do sway a lot too, however, I always come back to my original theory.

Come on Libby, where are you...

Am I right in assuming that positive identification by a witness is not enough to charge someone with voyeurism? Did someone post an article about this a while back that I can’t find now?

To go back to basics and facts. P has been charged with voyeurism, outraging public decency, theft. And he hasn’t admitted to a single charge. With that in mind, I find it very difficult to believe that he would admit to being in the park with Libby that night or that there is any reason why he would specifically single out a bench for the police.

Also, I have seen photographs in MSN of the police searching 2 separate park areas. Both near a playground/skate park/ pond and both flanked by benches.

Benches. There’s a lot of them in this story. Coincidence? And the voyeurism - how is that being proved beyond eyewitness statements? I don’t believe P is talking at all to police if he is denying charges of sexual indecency let alone abduction accusations. This leads me to wonder if it is possible that he has been videoing his crimes and this is what has led police to convict him post house raid. Maybe they have seem a video of something happening on a bench in a dark park, but they aren’t sure which one it is. Who knows. But I feel sure that whatever led them to forensically examine the benches, it was not P who pointed them in that direction. Just my opinion...

Edit: I am no legal expert, but to me this suggests that for a voyeurism
charge, there needs to be a recording. https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/the-sex-crime-of-voyeurism-23535

So what else has he recorded and on what? Did he record something in the park and upload a clip, police are searching for phone for full version to prove location and people involved? Mind boggles, but I feel that there must be an camera or some sort of electronic recording to lead police to be searching every day in the park and I can’t imagine CCTV would pinpoint a bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
i didn't follow this case. How did the family react , did they do their own searches? I'm only asking because I keep thinking the police have nothing and searches are few and far between. If my child was missing id be making sure every inch was searched and if ithought the police weren't doing this is be organising my own. That makes me think Libbys parents and the police know more.

Corrie's Mother was a police officer herself and questioned aspects of the investigation pretty much as soon he went missing. She was very proactive in organising searches, sourcing CCTV and generally bringing the case to the public's attention. She even set up phone lines for the public to phone in any information if people were hesitant in speaking directly to the police. A local landfill site was searched for months as it was believed that Corrie had somehow ended up there from being in a rubbish bin. His phone was tracked along the same route as a a bunny lorry after collection near where he was last seen.

All of this was in vain though as more than two years down the line there isn't a definitive answer. CCTV traced him to the edge of the town centre and it is a mystery what happened after that. There were many theories at the time.

What amazes me (and perhaps the main reason I followed the case) was that I was convinced he would be found. I cannot believe in this day and age of 'big brother' that CCTV does not pick us up everywhere we go. I don't know the actual statistics but it is known that we are picked up many times on these cameras going about our daily lives. Perhaps someone else on here does know the figures?

I just had a thought - IF cobweb CCTV man WAS smoking, where is the butt? Is there a butt there? I'd hope the Police have looked for it.
Green is the steering wheel. Blue is her skirt and her right shoulder has she gets in the car. Pink is her head and her right leg has she gets in the car. So if you imagine getting in passenger side of a car right leg firs right shoulder goes back a bit, head turns to the side before swinging yourself around. I know you understand but i write it how i see it sorry.

Attachments

• Untitled 5.jpeg
    Untitled 5.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 92
With regards to his unseasonal clothing I think he was returning from work having done the afternoon shift.
He is likely to wear as little as possible as they are searched in and out and put on white clothes plus hats and aprons. After shift they strip off, shower and dress and go. It is easier and quicker to wear lightweight easy on and off clothes.

Given PR's apparent propensity to 'air his old fella' I wonder how familiar he might be with 'dogging' sites between Hull and work? These, by nature, are not exactly on the beaten track and so could perhaps be possible sites to dispose of evidence?

Can you tell us where these dogging sites are please?

Hmmm..will anyone reply...

I don't have a car so I'm NOT volunteering for this particular mission, sorry!

Corrie's Mother was a police officer herself and questioned aspects of the investigation pretty much as soon he went missing. She was very proactive in organising searches, sourcing CCTV and generally bringing the case to the public's attention. She even set up phone lines for the public to phone in any information if people were hesitant in speaking directly to the police. A local landfill site was searched for months as it was believed that Corrie had somehow ended up there from being in a rubbish bin. His phone was tracked along the same route as a a bunny lorry after collection near where he was last seen.

All of this was in vain though as more than two years down the line there isn't a definitive answer. CCTV traced him to the edge of the town centre and it is a mystery what happened after that. There were many theories at the time.

What amazes me (and perhaps the main reason I followed the case) was that I was convinced he would be found. I cannot believe in this day and age of 'big brother' that CCTV does not pick us up everywhere we go. I don't know the actual statistics but it is known that we are picked up many times on these cameras going about our daily lives. Perhaps someone else on here does know the figures?

Bless his mum. Very sad , cant imagine how hard it was for her. The never knowing would be the hardest. Really hope this doesnt happen for libby's family. Hope it didn't come across like I was criticising anybody's family. I should have said that frustration at lack of searches has been raised here recently, i was thinking if it was the case I'm sure Libbys family would be kicking up a fuss and organising searches themselves. This makes me think that other searches are happening or leads being followed. I really hope so anyway.

Do we know if the police have taken any interest in Pearson Park? Sounds well dodgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patuniapicklebottoms