Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that too. So in theory can (and do) the police contact all those people who they know to have been nearby that night? Or does data protection prevent them getting that information from telecom providers?
I am almost positive that you cannot gather cell phone information from random people (who might be witnesses) - it would absolutely be an invasion of privacy. It is even difficult to get warrants for cell phone info/records for people who are suspects. It is extremely well protected information. Police can, however, get information on a person's phone if the owner of the phone offers it. For instance, if a parent has his/her child on their plan (even an adult child), the parent can turn over the child's phone activity without a warrant, etc. But the providers protect people at all costs.

There's a good article in the Guardian about the detective who caught the guy who did that. It was very unusual (and brave imo) what he did and ultimately it cost him his career. There's a sad quote from him near the end of the article:

Although he is adamant he is not bitter, Fulcher does struggle to keep his emotions in check. And he has a warning. “At some point somebody is going to have to explain to the public what they can expect from the police service when their daughter goes missing,” he says. “And in general, right now, we will not get your daughter back.”

Fulcher wearily shakes his head, “We won’t get your daughter back.”

Agreed

Very sad case.

It must be hard not to go to task on PR with a makita...

As the son and father live near to the park i am sure they will have heard vixens on heat many times, they do sound like a human scream on first hearing but once you hear it again you can tell its a fox

I’m not sure they would. It’s an urban fox so not sure if it’s migrated there from another area. It’s also not a common occurrence for them to be screaming like that. The reason I’m leaning to that is it’s ideal fox location and fifteen minutes of intermittent screaming sounds weird for an attack. Intermittent bursts to attract a male sounds more believable to me.

It’s only a small point but it appears so much time has been spent in that park and with that runner, yet we don’t actually know if it’s relevant. Just a very weird case where it seems they had a one track idea and weeks later are looking back for different times and areas.

It is obvious that these charges are a ‘holding pattern’ by the police to give them time to gather evidence/find Libby dead or hopefully alive, I suspect he will be found guilty of burglary and probably get a prison sentence of a year or two and it gives police time to build a case against him on more serious charges

In this day and age of police cuts i doubt police are that bothered about some underwear and dildos being stolen, normally they will not even turn up to a burglary, but it keeps him out of circulation while they go after him for stuff that would see him in jail for most of his life

Anyone local able to say how big the Polish community is in Hull and who the major employer's are in the area ,
Yes the Polish community is quite substantial in Hull. There is a well known food manufacturer which employs a large number.

It is obvious that these charges are a ‘holding pattern’ by the police to give them time to gather evidence/find Libby dead or hopefully alive, I suspect he will be found guilty of burglary and probably get a prison sentence of a year or two and it gives police time to build a case against him on more serious charges

I don't think he'll get a custodial sentence for the charges they're holding him on.

In this day and age of police cuts i doubt police are that bothered about some underwear and dildos being stolen, normally they will not even turn up to a burglary, but it keeps him out of circulation while they go after him for stuff that would see him in jail for most of his life

Would he get a custodial sentence though do you think for these charges? First time offender .. surely there’s a chance of a suspended sentence or community service? (worryingly if he’s involved in LS disappearance).

Not surprised, they were all probably up to no good as well at that time of night and don’t want to cone forward to say what they were doing..

Interesting - the police haven’t made any kind of statement about witnesses not being prosecuted if they were involved in some minor illegal activity (drug deals and the like). Police do sometimes add a caveat like that in witness appeals do they not?

I’m not sure they would. It’s an urban fox so not sure if it’s migrated there from another area. It’s also not a common occurrence for them to be screaming like that. The reason I’m leaning to that is it’s ideal fox location and fifteen minutes of intermittent screaming sounds weird for an attack. Intermittent bursts to attract a male sounds more believable to me.

It’s only a small point but it appears so much time has been spent in that park and with that runner, yet we don’t actually know if it’s relevant. Just a very weird case where it seems they had a one track idea and weeks later are looking back for different times and areas.
Im not convinced but you seem to know more about foxes than i do

Do police have to grant permission to media? I can’t imagine that being true but maybe in UK?

I don’t think there is an official law in place that says they have to grant permission, but I recall itv saying they’d had the footage for a week and hadn’t released it due to police asking them not to.

Whilst the press can be bullish and insensitive at times, I’m surprised they haven’t yet printed interviews with PRs work colleagues, the neighbours, Libby’s university friends - somebody is usually happy to talk for £, sadly. So either it’s not newsworthy enough, or they’re being careful not to jeopardise the investigation. I’d be amazed if the media didn’t have much more insight from various sources.

Would he get a custodial sentence though do you think for these charges? First time offender .. surely there’s a chance of a suspended sentence or community service? (worryingly if he’s involved in LS disappearance).

I wonder if the number of offences would mean a custodial sentence ?

The only thing that makes me doubt the fox call theory is that a man was witnessed running out of the park after hearing the screams, unless he was running from the fox calls or just on a late night jog. I’m not personally familiar with fox noises but I did listen to a few YouTube videos so I could get a sense of what they sound like, and though I agree they would wake you up and maybe could be mistaken for a human scream I personally wouldn’t call it “bloodcurdling” like the witness did, by like I said I’m going off a few YouTube videos. We all hear things differently and it’s impossible to say what noise was heard without actually hearing it.

He’s been charged with voyeurism, outraging public decency and burglary charges, all of a sexual nature towards young females. I’m sure the police are bothered.

I wonder if the number of offences would mean a custodial sentence ?
I think it will largely depend on whether or not he eventually pleads guilty. If he forces a trial I would guess he'll get some time but he may have already served it on remand.

The video of Libby at the Welly looks different to me now on this link , a lot clearer etc Libby Squire key witnesses who could hold vital clues to disappearance
I noticed that the list of possible witnesses includes:

"The driver in Haworth Street
On February 9, footage from a business based in Haworth Street showed a car flash its lights and a man nearby around the time Libby went missing.

The CCTV shows a series of events around the time Libby was last seen in the area, including what appears to be someone or something being placed in the passenger side of a car parked in Haworth Street.

The cyclist in Haworth Street
At around 12.03am, a cyclist goes past the same scene as above. Just a minute later, another car drives past and at 12.08:52am, the first car featured is then driven away from the scene.

All three people shown in the footage will have been in the area at or around the same time as Libby - meaning they could hold the key to any clues needed to solve her disappearance."

Libby Squire key witnesses who could hold vital clues to disappearance

They've worded it as though the cyclist and the drivers of both cars could be witnesses and that they're still unsure of whether a person got into the vehicle. Does this mean that Hull Live know that the driver isn't PR and could potentially just be a witness? Or have they just worded it that way as LE may have told them not to confirm that the driver is PR so as not to jeopardise the investigation?

The only thing that makes me doubt the fox call theory is that a man was witnessed running out of the park after hearing the screams, unless he was running from the fox calls or just on a late night jog. I’m not personally familiar with fox noises but I did listen to a few YouTube videos so I could get a sense of what they sound like, and though I agree they would wake you up and maybe could be mistaken for a human scream I personally wouldn’t call it “bloodcurdling” like the witness did, by like I said I’m going off a few YouTube videos. We all hear things differently and it’s impossible to say what noise was heard without actually hearing it.
I've often mistaken fox noises for women screaming. I think the two sounds are very similar.

I’m surprised they haven’t yet printed interviews with PRs work colleagues, the neighbours, Libby’s university friends - somebody is usually happy to talk for £, sadly. So either it’s not newsworthy enough, or they’re being careful not to jeopardise the investigation. I’d be amazed if the media didn’t have much more insight from various sources.

I agree - there's were brief quotes at the start from the wife's hairdresser, PR's factory colleague etc but they've not gone to town the way you'd expect. I wonder if they are just being more careful, post-Christopher Jefferies?

Or on a self-imposed lockdown because the police have quietly intimated they are building a case against PR?

Any journos in the house that could shed some light? Just on general procedure I mean, not insider info specific to this case.

I don’t think there is an official law in place that says they have to grant permission, but I recall itv saying they’d had the footage for a week and hadn’t released it due to police asking them not to.

Whilst the press can be bullish and insensitive at times, I’m surprised they haven’t yet printed interviews with PRs work colleagues, the neighbours, Libby’s university friends - somebody is usually happy to talk for £, sadly. So either it’s not newsworthy enough, or they’re being careful not to jeopardise the investigation. I’d be amazed if the media didn’t have much more insight from various sources.

I have not seen any press hold back this long when police seem to be not making much progress. Seems more like this case has lost steam as far as same level of interest...DM covers crimes here in US more often than this case, after this time lapse ...I doubt there is much more to know...imo LE is seeking to link PR positively to Libby...nothing new and exciting for them to report. Afraid when they do report, it will be a criticism of lack of progress. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K