Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Four different males. Libby’s friend R(edited) and his friend whose house the pre-drinks were at. The other two younger lads that live opposite, that witnessed her get dropped off by the taxi, when their own taxi arrived.

When LS left Welly her male friends are supposed to have stayed and entered the Club. No doubt they will be on internal CCTV and have multiple alibis/female friends to cover the time period.

If the two neighbouring males left in a taxi, their taxi company should have been able to account for them and where they were dropped off and when....plus, perhaps, CCTV of whatever venue they went to.

When LS left Welly her male friends are supposed to have stayed and entered the Club. No doubt they will be on internal CCTV and have multiple alibis/female friends to cover the time period.

If the two neighbouring males left in a taxi, their taxi company should have been able to account for them and where they were dropped off and when....plus, perhaps, CCTV of whatever venue they went to.

Not suggesting any of them are suspects, absolutely not!

I keep going round and round in my head in this case as I'm sure alot of us are, has she been murdered, held hostage , trafficked etc and all I can come to conclusion with is that the police know a hell of alot more than we know, if P had been charged with these offences then I think most of us would have been happy to have put this to bed, the issue is, is that he has been charged with other offences and nothing to do with LS due to a lack of evidence, I really do hope they do some sort of re-enactment of this case as they use to do when crime watch was a thing, not only to jog peoples memories but to give more information,
At the moment we have very little to go on, a vague last sighting on a bench and some crumbly CTV footage.
Personally I think she was taken somewhere.
I'm Even gutted that P didn't apply for bail as it may have lead the police to where she was being kept but I suppose the names being leaked by the media would have made it impossible for him to return anywhere close to the area.

Four different males. Libby’s friend Ryan and his friend whose house the pre-drinks were at. The other two younger lads that live opposite, that witnessed her get dropped off by the taxi, when their own taxi arrived.

Thanks, I worded my reply badly. I just meant RT was a different person to the 2 who saw Libby and then got the taxi.

There appears to be some general consensus here that the police know a lot more than they have released. As someone connected, obviously I can not prove that here but I can tell you that is not the case.

I'm sorry to say that the police are as clueless as the rest of us. After the last reported sighting of Libby they haven't a clue what has happened to her or how she has just disappeared. Isn't this evident also? It will be coming up to 3 weeks soon and nothing has been added to this case. If they knew a lot more they would either have progressed or found a body.

Releasing pictures of her clothing tells you that they haven't progressed. That should have been done the days following her disappearance and 2 weeks too late was a desperate measure for any extra information. None of the actions or searches have found anything. None of the intense searches of property have found anything. The charges against Pawel Relowicz are totally unrelated to Libby and not a shred of evidence has been found.

Furthermore, if Libby has been taken the perpetrator or perpetrators are intelligent, calculated and skilled in what they are doing. They are potentially still at large.

At this point it is very clear if Libby is ever found, she will not be found alive but it's possible this will lead onto being a cold case and her disappearance will remain a mystery.

I haven't managed to read all the previous threads (too many) but have people considered that the immediate police reaction could have been because they were contacted on the night (e.g. girl spotted in distress by member of public who rang it in, perhaps at the same time beardy man was helping her) and did not send a car out. I'm going to stress that I'm not alleging anything, it is just a theory which may explain why they began a large search the next day. Obviously the cold weather was a factor, but the speed at which they began searching for LS suggests they had some prior verified police intelligence.

Wonderful post Audio, thanks for the mention too. I have emailed the investigation team with my contact details and vehicle experience this afternoon to offer my service if they need, to be able to identify any vehicle enquiries they may have on any vehicles of interest. I was PM'd yesterday by someone asking some pertinent questions which weren't expected. Not sure if I can assist but I am available if required for the team although I am 2 hours away.

PM’d by someone here or through your offer of direct help to the police? You’ve got me intrigued now!! I think it’s brilliant that you offered your assistance to them. I’m sure they will arrange transport and accommodation for your time and trouble. You do realise if you get access to additional cctv footage we will all be desperate to know what’s on it!!

There appears to be some general consensus here that the police know a lot more than they have released. As someone connected, obviously I can not prove that here but I can tell you that is not the case.

I'm sorry to say that the police are as clueless as the rest of us. After the last reported sighting of Libby they haven't a clue what has happened to her or how she has just disappeared. Isn't this evident also? It will be coming up to 3 weeks soon and nothing has been added to this case. If they knew a lot more they would either have progressed or found a body.

Releasing pictures of her clothing tells you that they haven't progressed. That should have been done the days following her disappearance and 2 weeks too late was a desperate measure for any extra information. None of the actions or searches have found anything. None of the intense searches of property have found anything. The charges against Pawel Relowicz are totally unrelated to Libby and not a shred of evidence has been found.

Furthermore, if Libby has been taken the perpetrator or perpetrators are intelligent, calculated and skilled in what they are doing. They are potentially still at large.

At this point it is very clear if Libby is ever found, she will not be found alive but it's possible this will lead onto being a cold case and her disappearance will remain a mystery.

If this is true and you’re connected to the case closely enough to have that inside information ... that’s desperately depressing news. It reminds me of Claudia Lawrence. A sad mystery with no definitive answers.

I think all of us are hoping the police have lots more cctv footage than we’ve been shown and clear evidence LS was taken to the park but never seen leaving - hence the concentrated search pattern. Are you suggesting that’s not the case? Why then all the focus on that park?

Whilst there might be no DNA evidence, it was PRs car in the spidercam footage and he seems to have told members of his family LS was in his car that night yet it seems he did not come forward prior to being arrested. Add that to the evidence supporting the current charges against him and the police must think they have the right man? Surely with the wealth of cctv, dash cams and ANPR there must be a trail of sorts?

It’s concerning to think a) the real culprit could still be out there and b) there is so little evidence against PR he will be a free man after next months trial.

I haven't managed to read all the previous threads (too many) but have people considered that the immediate police reaction could have been because they were contacted on the night (e.g. girl spotted in distress by member of public who rang it in, perhaps at the same time beardy man was helping her) and did not send a car out. I'm going to stress that I'm not alleging anything, it is just a theory which may explain why they began a large search the next day. Obviously the cold weather was a factor, but the speed at which they began searching for LS suggests they had some prior verified police intelligence.

To expand on this point I'd like to refer to the death of a 56 year old woman in Spring Bank cemetery, Hull, in October 2018. The police were called by a member of the public who spotted a woman "in distress". She had fallen off her bike and hurt her leg....the police failed to find her and left....and she was later found dead as a result of the cold weather (hypothermia). The case was referred to the IOPC for investigation. The speed of the reaction for looking for LS reminds me of this, freezing night and person in distress. Were the police actually called that night? When LS was reported missing did they link it with a call they'd received the night before? It may explain why some of the public information is so hazy. You have to wonder...

Last edited:
Jmo the police always know more than we do but that does not mean they know enough. Sometimes we assume they know, if they are silent. But from following many cases, at least an equal number of cases without updates turned out to due to them having nothing to go on/report. Not to say they are not trying, or working out other angles, just that lack of info coming from LE does not = they are close to an arrest.

To expand on this point I'd like to refer to the death of a 56 year old woman in Spring Bank cemetery, Hull, in October 2018. The police were called by a member of the public who spotted a woman "in distress". She had fallen off her bike and hurt her leg....the police failed to find her and left....and she was later found dead as a result of the cold weather (hypothermia). The case was referred to the IOPC for investigation. The speed of the reaction for looking for LS reminds me of this, freezing night and person in distress. Were the police actually called that night? When LS was reported missing did they link it with a call they'd received the night before? It may explain why some of the public information is so hazy. You have to wonder...

I'm going to expand on my previous point again. How did the police link the girl seen on the corner of Beresford and Haworth with missing Libby....so soon? I assume her friends/housemates reported her missing between arriving home and the next morning. For police to have known and verified, very soon after the report, that she was seen on Beverley Road for a fleeting period of time - and then released this to the public - is astonishing. How did they know to look there at that time? At this point they hadn't spoken with Beardy man. Personally, I think they potentially had a call that they haven't revealed.

The other possibility is her housemates alerted police when they got in, as it was said Libby usually contacted them to say she had returned safely when she went home alone, and they've found the place empty, maybe nothing outgoing if they looked at her phone. Been drinking, skimpy clothing for the weather, police respond.

Regarding LS's house being number 15 or number 32. This appeared in the Hull Daily Mail on 3rd Feb with a photo of the CSI outside number 15. Strong hint it may be LS's house:

"A woman in her 80s who lived next door to a house in Wellesley Avenue being examined by forensics says students live at the property.

She said: “I have heard about the missing student. It’s just dreadful and I hope she is found soon. I know people live next door and they are young but I don’t know who they are."

I have a thought about the luminol and being dropped off up the road.

There is a lot of student accommodation in this area right, including this street? They probably all know each other and she went to knock to see if she could wait there and when she couldn't get a reply she went up to the bench maybe hoping she would catch another friend. Maybe one worked at the take away or the local late night shop. That's what I think for what it's worth

The other possibility is her housemates alerted police when they got in, as it was said Libby usually contacted them to say she had returned safely when she went home alone, and they've found the place empty, maybe nothing outgoing if they looked at her phone. Been drinking, skimpy clothing for the weather, police respond.

Yes, but she was in the media the next day with reports saying she was spotted on the corner of Beresford. They later announced the bench and Haworth. How did they know to look at Beresford? From Wellesley there are loads of directions she could have taken, including North up Beverley Road towards Inglemire and then the uni. Numerous backstreets. Alternatively she could have gone to a friends to sleep off a hangover. How did they know Beardy man spoke with her if the CCTV she was caught on was fleeting...how did they find this CCTV (e.g. dashcam footage) before they had released the appeal.How did they know what time to look (e.g. if her friends had arrived home at 3 there would have been 3 hours of footage across multiple cameras)

My working theory is that a member of the public saw her, and saw Beardy man helping her and reported it (either by phone or to a passing police car). The police knew the time/place because of this...so they knew what footage to look for....and they connected this distressed person to the missing persons report that came the next morning. Thus, urgent and focused search.

Looks like Libby's student rental up for sale, quite normal to sell a house fully tenanted.

Not sure the photos are up to date (front hedge looks minus two years growth), more evidence of drinking than studying going on !

£150k house, £1400pcm rental income factoring in summer break. I let a £200k one bed flat in Reading for £800pcm, crazy money to be made from student let's up north.

Poignant to see where Libby lived ... this case has really involved me as I feel for her and her vulnerability, and what her family must be going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd