Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :)

When the houses were searched, did the police give anything away or ask any questions, aside from the obvious "did you see anything suspicious?"?

Hello! I don't know exactly what questions were asked. I'm told that the house searches were rigorous and police looked in every room, cupboards, wardrobes etc. This was on the Saturday after she went missing.

Hello! I don't know exactly what questions were asked. I'm told that the house searches were rigorous and police looked in every room, cupboards, wardrobes etc. This was on the Saturday after she went missing.
I see. Thank you!

Which house was this?

One of many houses searched nearby (this one was on Heathcote).

This is the problem. I definitely thought 15 was the one, but then there were other photos of other houses being searched - 29 was definitely one, and I think 39 - so we weren't sure. The Sun image is the only one I've seen that actually mentions it possibly being Libby's house. The number would also dictate which way a vehicle might drive from Beresford. 15 would make a cut through Heathcote more sensible whereas it'd be better to drive right round Wellesley for 32.

It would be useful to sort this out. 15 has the drain behind it so would add more weight to that theory, but 32 has the gate that leads to back Heathcote which would make the scream/bang more pertinent.

There's enough locals on here - I'm sure if one of you went down there and just happened to get chatting to a resident we could get this cleared up for once and for all!!

Last edited:
Re 15 vs 32, the Sun published a map that seems to circle 15 as her home but it's the Sun, so take with a pinch of salt:
5 clues that could solve mystery of missing Libby who vanished on night out

MSM outlets were careful to say forensics were swabbing only "a" property on Wellesley Ave but I appreciate this is may be standard reporting protocol dating back to the quaint old days before all had access to Streetview, so probably doesn't imply anything either way.

I've not been able to find the pic of her parents visiting 32, searching through the threads - could someone who remembers this repost the link? I think it may have been the Sun (so, again, pinch of salt!)

US Sleuthers: pinch of salt = treat with caution, just in case that's lost in translation!

It’s odd, I can’t find the pictures of Libby’s parents leaving number 32 now either- but it was definitely there a few days ago! I thought it was a Daily Mail or Telegraph post but could be wrong

I would add that I do not think Haworth Street is a hive for illegal taxis. I walk past and through it fairly regularly and I've never noticed or heard anything of the sort. However, it may be somewhere that cars occasionally stop to pick up people from Haworth (the pub) as there is no other nearby parking on that side of the main road. If you were going to the shops\takeaways on the opposite side of Beverley Road though, you would likely park down Beresford or in the bays outside the shops. Don't see why you would park at that end of Haworth for the shops unless you were approaching from Cottingham Road.
No not a hive for illegal taxis as such but it is amongst other places an area for boys and their cars to park up but usually Friday Sat nights. Our own sons confirm this. Car groups have names for those not aware of this culture. FlooredUk is just one of a dozen (delete if I’m not allowed to name an innocent modified car group full of young lads) but they meet everywhere and anywhere they can and Haworth is or at least was a spot for parking up for a while before heading for any of the other dozen or so spots. Nothing to do with the case of course however this idea of organised illegal taxis may not be as organised as we think and I personally doubt an organised “ride” is the answer. Possibly an opportunistic pick up offer if anything. Point is places like Haworth is not uncommon for lads in cars to sit. Possibly why we see another car moving on cctv that night but that’s just my own opinion.

Let's say police know for sure it was Libby getting into PR's car. He drives around to Beresford Avenue. If he doesn't come out again until like 30-40 minutes later then isn't that enough to charge him? And if it was a time frame like that then it totally discredit what his sister said right? So, police didn't get the requried evdience, he apparently said he just dropped her off and the case seemingly hasn't moved an inch, that surely that means they saw his car coming out again in a very reasonable time frame like a couple of minutes at most? Seems that way to me.

No not a hive for illegal taxis as such but it is amongst other places an area for boys and their cars to park up but usually Friday Sat nights. Our own sons confirm this. Car groups have names for those not aware of this culture. FlooredUk is just one of a dozen (delete if I’m not allowed to name an innocent modified car group full of young lads) but they meet everywhere and anywhere they can and Haworth is or at least was a spot for parking up for a while before heading for any of the other dozen or so spots. Nothing to do with the case of course however this idea of organised illegal taxis may not be as organised as we think and I personally doubt an organised “ride” is the answer. Possibly an opportunistic pick up offer if anything. Point is places like Haworth is not uncommon for lads in cars to sit. Possibly why we see another car moving on cctv that night but that’s just my own opinion.

There isn't a lot of room at the end of Haworth Street, apart from the yellow lines. Plus it's a dead end and difficult to do a 3 point turn in. Certainly have never heard of or seen cars congregating there.

Let's say police know for sure it was Libby getting into PR's car. He drives around to Beresford Avenue. If he doesn't come out again until like 30-40 minutes later then isn't that enough to charge him? And if it was a time frame like that then it totally discredit what his sister said right? So, police didn't get the requried evdience, he apparently said he just dropped her off and the case seemingly hasn't moved an inch, that surely that means they saw his car coming out again in a very reasonable time frame like a couple of minutes at most? Seems that way to me.

If that was the case, why would they focus on the park. If they only saw what they thought was P's car leaving then she could have been hidden within it, surely? That means she could have been taken anywhere. I am wondering if the hut by the car park on the playing fields has CCTV? Did the police see two people enter the field, but only one person leave?

This one seems to show 32

View attachment 169783
Thanks CMC.

Just wondered if the quote from the Heathcote scream neighbour could be used to determine number. Despite the reported distance being approximate in nature, if there is enough seperation of distance between 15/32 it may?

'.....The neighbour, who lives in nearby Heathcote Street some 100 yards from Miss Squire's Wellesley Avenue Hull home.....' (Telegraph/DM et al)

(Im really just trying to narrow down which house LE searched and found a hydroponic tent full of skunk. Let me know asap if you hear anything........)

So if im interpreting that info correctly the tide at # 12 to 1am the night libby went missing would have been on the way in , kinda half in half out.
So theoretically a body might have been carried upstream.
However what occurs to me is that faced with a half full river and mud banks thats not going to be conducive for getting rid of a body , your not going to just chuck her on the mud bank and wait for the tide to come in and your not going to risk walking on the mud to reach the river incase you get stuck in the mud .
Makes me think he didnt put her in the river.

That night the ground was frozen solid, the mud would haven't have picked up foot prints

Anyone local know if Sash Hair was able to provide CCTV? They are directly opposite Core Electricals and if they had a camera in the same opposing place they would have recorded what was happening at the passenger side of the car.

Attachments

• DDF4F9D4-3274-4116-9D38-4C4CE85D0DB5.png
    DDF4F9D4-3274-4116-9D38-4C4CE85D0DB5.png
    660.2 KB · Views: 11
Thanks CMC.

Just wondered if the quote from the Heathcote scream neighbour could be used to determine number. Despite the reported distance being approximate in nature, if there is enough seperation of distance between 15/32 it may?

'.....The neighbour, who lives in nearby Heathcote Street some 100 yards from Miss Squire's Wellesley Avenue Hull home.....' (Telegraph/DM et al)

(Im really just trying to narrow down which house LE searched and found a hydroponic tent full of skunk. Let me know asap if you hear anything........)

I wouldn't use the alleged scream to determine a house number 1. Sound carries 2. It's a student area and it's not uncommon to hear screaming. If I investigated every time I heard a "blood curdling scream", I would never get any sleep.

I
I wouldn't use the alleged scream to determine a house number 1. Sound carries 2. It's a student area and it's not uncommon to hear screaming. If I investigated every time I heard a "blood curdling scream", I would never get any sleep.

The distance mentioned is not of the neighbour estimating where the scream was but was the reporter giving approx description of neighbours house location in relation to LS house location.( which exc Seismic relocation of plate will be unchanging and not affected by wind )

I

The distance mentioned is not of the neighbour estimating where the scream was but was the reporter giving approx description of neighbours house to LS house

Don't understand the inference here. Plus, number 15 is extremely close to Heathcote Street....directly opposite the north entrance.

Do we know if LE is still sending out search parties? I feel like I have not heard about anything in a few days.

Do we know if LE is still sending out search parties? I feel like I have not heard about anything in a few days.
If not, would the public be allowed to start a search party if they wanted?

Don't understand the inference here. Plus, number 15 is extremely close to Heathcote Street....directly opposite the north entrance.
JTTH.

Sorry, the reports state that the house that the neighbour lives in is ' 100yrds' from where Libby lives. This might not be precise but if say no.32 was 100yrds approx from any given point on Heathcote...and no.15 was more distant... then we could infer, albeit with uncertainties, which house is LS's? If theres a decent dist between 15/32 then its worth trying to deduce a more precise Heathcote location from reports (.....on corner...nr alley..etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman