Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #9 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With or without the cyclist I still wonder, given the very odd burglary could have been planned, whether everything up to the disappearance was just a series of tragic mishaps for Libby and everything after could have been premeditated and planned by PR. I can't help thinking that if it hadn't been Libby that night it would have been someone else soon. Could that explain the police timeline?

Going from what we know, this seems like the most likely situation (if he's involved and intended to her harm her). He might have made a general plan of what he'd do if given the opportunity and saw Libby as an easy target that night.

Yes, I know the Avenues.

Just wondered if someone was to mention “The Avenue” whilst let’s say talking about Beverley Road, so presumably in the vicinity, which is it likely to be? Out of interest.

None of them (to my knowledge) are known just as The Avenue, some have abbreviations, like Prinny Av and Chants Av but that's about it.

But if talking about in the vancinity of Bev Road I would guess they meant Newland Avenue. It is nearby and has been in discussions because of close proximity to PRs home and some cctv footage.

All anyone knows about grey beard is that the police made clear he wasn't a suspect and that he'd been very helpful. That's what made me wonder had he mentioned anything suspicious like a car

Maybe he was able to give a good description of her demeanour? Or remembered something she said that helped the investigation?

Did someone from here cycle behind the allotments and along Oak Road a short while ago? Did he see a blue tent somewhere along the route?

What do we know about LS herself? Maybe I missed it in the media, but I don't recall hearing anything about what kind of person she was. Was she outgoing, shy and more importantly what was she like when she was drunk. It might help determine her actions or decisions that night.

I have only been following this thread for a few days so obviously haven't had time to read everything that has been discussed previously but one thing has bugged me about the timeline since early on. It was said she got a taxi from The Welly club at around 11pm, but wasn't dropped off by the taxi until 11.29pm. This journey should only take 5 - 10 minutes by taxi so how come it took so long? I'd imagine even if she needed a cashpoint to pay the driver she would have just used one of the ones along Bev Road, rather than having to go out of the way and taking any significant amount of time. If this has already been discussed and answered I do apologise.

I have only been following this thread for a few days so obviously haven't had time to read everything that has been discussed previously but one thing has bugged me about the timeline since early on. It was said she got a taxi from The Welly club at around 11pm, but wasn't dropped off by the taxi until 11.29pm. This journey should only take 5 - 10 minutes by taxi so how come it took so long? I'd imagine even if she needed a cashpoint to pay the driver she would have just used one of the ones along Bev Road, rather than having to go out of the way and taking any significant amount of time. If this has already been discussed and answered I do apologise.
She actually left Welly around 11:18pm (from the Welly CCTV) so the whole half an hour taxi ride thing was solved :)

What do we know about LS herself? Maybe I missed it in the media, but I don't recall hearing anything about what kind of person she was. Was she outgoing, shy and more importantly what was she like when she was drunk. It might help determine her actions or decisions that night.

Bit of a mixed bag, picking out comments from these reports. Maybe she took time to open up and make real friends and just had a small group with whom she was more sociable:

One student living in the complex, which has 200 flats, told the Hull Live: “Libby was quiet, and kept herself to herself. Her flat mates said she stayed in her room a lot of the time.”

Ryan (Tweddell) told reporters: “On Thursday night she was a bit drunk and she was hugging everyone saying it was nice the group was back together....She is lovely and always loving. She is very bubbly and is always joking."

Olivia Hemingway, 19, who was one of more than 200 friends and students in Saturday's search, said Libby is "honestly lovely" and "intimidatingly" intelligent. She added: "She is very quiet but I have spoken to her, my course is really small there is only about ten people on my course."

Libby's family has described her as "a very thoughtful and caring young woman who always puts other people before herself."

"Libby moved to Hull in September 2017 to study Philosophy and has been really happy whilst living in the city. She has found herself a lovely group of friends at the University. Outside of family life and her studies Libby really enjoys reading and going to the gym. She is a very sociable person who loves going out and enjoys spending time with her friends. She also loves travelling, music and going out to concerts."

They added that it was "extremely out of character" for her to disappear.

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.amppro.../libby-squire-missing-friend-reveals-13944318

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.amppro...ws/missing-libby-squire-parents-make-13962303

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.amppro...ing-missing-libby-squire-screwdriver-13946457

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.amppro...ws/friends-fear-missing-libby-squire-13963672

Last edited:

We know that she is a 21 year old girl at university. We know what she was studying, we know were she originated from. We know she went missing. IMO that is all we need to know.

I think on page one of this thread there is an updated timeline and it says she was turned away from the club at 11.18 and put into the taxi home at 11.22 and got there at 11.29

If that is PR and LS at Haworth St the passenger does not seem capable of"throwing themselves" at anyone considering the way their body slumps to the right when getting in.

If that was the passenger's jacket being placed in the car prior to the passenger I wonder how and where he got rid of it after the possible assault. Assuming it was still in the car when he got back and no mention of it ever being found. It crossed my mind that LE were combing the grounds around Croda recently for discarded items close to Oak Rd.

One theory that would categorically rule out PR having to be a criminal mastermind in hiding all trace of a body is there being no body to hide. LS being alive when he left to get back in the car.

@hitthenick Does that model Astra have first and reverse gears adjacent to each other hence the hesistant forward and reverse manoeuvering to get out of the parking spot on Haworth St? Took him some time to get going possibly not aided by the slumped passenger initially fouling the gear stick.

If that is PR and LS at Haworth St the passenger does not seem capable of"throwing themselves" at anyone considering the way their body slumps to the right when getting in.

If that was the passenger's jacket being placed in the car prior to the passenger I wonder how and where he got rid of it after the possible assault. Assuming it was still in the car when he got back and no mention of it ever being found. It crossed my mind that LE were combing the grounds around Croda recently for discarded items close to Oak Rd.

One theory that would categorically rule out PR having to be a criminal mastermind in hiding all trace of a body is there being no body to hide. LS being alive when he left to get back in the car.

@hitthenick Does that model Astra have first and reverse gears adjacent to each other hence the hesistant forward and reverse manoeuvering to get out of the parking spot on Haworth St? Took him some time to get going possibly not aided by the slumped passenger initially fouling the gear stick.

Here's a drawing I just done on the Astra SXi gear configurations for you. IF it's a diesel, then reverse gear is below the 5th gear but the diesel one's were very rare in this model. It's highly likely it's a 1.4 or 1.6 petrol like most of the SXi's of this age.

Attachments

• Astra Gear config.jpg
    Astra Gear config.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 14
Not sure which one you mean, but we don't know they haven't contacted the police. They may have done by now. Even if only to say, "That was me, but I didn't notice anything unusual."

Agreed, I think it's likely the cyclist HAS already gone to police, otherwise they probably would have put out an appeal for him to come forward by now.

I do think it's worth looking at his previous crimes. The last happened days before she went missing. One paper said a student house five minutes away from his home. As well as the normal stuff people steal he stole photos, knickers and sex toys. If it was a student house those photos will probably have been stuck on walls which would take time. Plus I guess he'd need to look for sex toys. They're not lying around like lap tops. That shows a lot of confidence that nobody would come home and what the occupants were like. That suggests a lot of planning rather than opportunism.
It doesn't necessarily show confidence as he may have known the routine of the people.

When I was a student I went home (with my housemates) every weekend for the first few weeks and often got a taxi back to our house from the bus stop on a sunday evening. One weekend a taxi pulled up as we walked out from the bus depo and the driver was a guy we'd got a lift with twice before. While he was driving us, he commented that he'd driven past to see if any of us were waiting for a taxi. More significantly, he said mentioned that he knew we wouldn't all need a lift as he'd noticed lights on when he'd driven past on the saturday night. That freaked us out as we'd all gone home but had just got different buses back. When questioned, he said that the light was on in the bedroom upstairs and that the light above the stairs had switched on as he was going past. Needless to say the locks were changed the following day, and we changed our routine.

Also, as there were no charges before PR's house was searched, it's possible that police found evidence to the crimes during their search.

Here's a drawing I just done on the Astra SXi gear configurations for you. IF it's a diesel, then reverse gear is below the 5th gear but the diesel one's were very rare in this model. It's highly likely it's a 1.4 or 1.6 petrol like most of the SXi's of this age.
Makes sense to me that he engaged 1st by accident or couldn't properly get into reverse due to proximity of passenger. Initial forward movement seems to be an error.

We are all entitled to our opinion and theory and given the peices of the jigsaw I've seen this is mine. It's fine that you don't agree with me but surely given the very little information we have been given you can't 100% say I could be wrong.
No definitely not TF. That wasnt my intent :)

It doesn't necessarily show confidence as he may have known the routine of the people.

When I was a student I went home (with my housemates) every weekend for the first few weeks and often got a taxi back to our house from the bus stop on a sunday evening. One weekend a taxi pulled up as we walked out from the bus depo and the driver was a guy we'd got a lift with twice before. While he was driving us, he commented that he'd driven past to see if any of us were waiting for a taxi. More significantly, he said mentioned that he knew we wouldn't all need a lift as he'd noticed lights on when he'd driven past on the saturday night. That freaked us out as we'd all gone home but had just got different buses back. When questioned, he said that the light was on in the bedroom upstairs and that the light above the stairs had switched on as he was going past. Needless to say the locks were changed the following day, and we changed our routine.

Also, as there were no charges before PR's house was searched, it's possible that police found evidence to the crimes during their search.

Hi yes I agree, I think what I was trying to say was that his confidence came from knowing the routines of the occupants and that, along with what was taken suggests a degree of premeditation and that he may have watched the occupants more closely than just to see when they went out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3