Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #9 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it just takes ages to find the body, even when it's right under their noses. There is a story here from my home town about an author who was killed by her fiance. Different circumstances of course, but it took them three months to find her, and she was found in a cesspit in the garage of her own house.

Helen Bailey murder: Ian Stewart jailed for at least 34 years for killing author
I think iirc the victim's dog was also found with her alongside a toy or a ball? He mustve thrown the toy/ball in for the dog to follow it.!! Dont know why but amongst the brutality its this detail I remember

Last edited:
Somthing which has just started bothering me which is probably way off the mark but the wall near the original bench has a top stone missing. Anyone have any ideas how long this has been missing (use as a possible weight ??? Hammer and screwdriver used as a chisel to prise last bit off (bit far fetched at the time of night)). I guess this is used by kids to walk on so could have been loose and removed for safety.

The top picture is from google maps. You can just see the date of 2018. The bottom was from the Hull Daily Mail after LS went missing

Attachments

• bench Google.jpg
    bench Google.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 38
  • bench hdm.jpg
    bench hdm.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 35
I think iirc the victim's dog was also found with her alonside a toy or a ball? He mustve thrown the toy/ball in for the dog to follow it.!! Dont know why but amongst the brutality its this detail I remember

Interesting note on the Bailey case

Cadaver dogs gave positive hits at the house some time before Helen's body was found. This was not revealed until trial.

So for those who think the police have no cadaver or other forensic evidence - there is just no way to know.

Somthing which has just started bothering me which is probably way off the mark but the wall near the original bench has a top stone missing. Anyone have any ideas how long this has been missing (use as a possible weight ??? Hammer and screwdriver used as a chisel to prise last bit off (bit far fetched at the time of night)). I guess this is used by kids to walk on so could have been loose and removed for safety.

The top picture is from google maps. You can just see the date of 2018. The bottom was from the Hull Daily Mail after LS went missing

Yes I spotted that before just put it down to been loose and broken over time.

But it did grab my attention when I was looking on street view.

Would be so interesting to see the interview tapes, just to see his demeanor. Was he scared, staying silent/no comment or cocky knowing he was winning.

The police seriously need a lucky break here in finding something.

Hi, just joined today. Live in the Newland area of Hull.
I saw Pawel in the courtroom and he was emotionless. No shaking hands, no sweating, nothing.

As in rumours after his arrest/his name was circulating or suspicions before Libby’s disappearance?

I posted a link yesterday about a woman who is local to me. At 3am boxing day morning she walked about 10 miles in her pyjamas coat and trainers and went into the river Tyne.
Despite extensive daily searches she wasn't found until Feb 3rd when a member of the public spotted her body a few miles away heading towards the sea.
Cold water will slow down decomposition

Police Divers Search Tyne For Missing Sally Allan - Capital North East

Body found in missing woman search
This in my opinion is something I have in my mind. Other than that PR if guilty has put her in the river at some other point and is extremely lucky with a lack of evidence. Unless of course LE have more info we don’t know about which it’s highly likely they do. A lot of excellent theories on here and I agree practically with them all being plausible. That I guess is why I am not a detective in the real world :)

I think iirc the victim's dog was also found with her alongside a toy or a ball? He mustve thrown the toy/ball in for the dog to follow it.!! Dont know why but amongst the brutality its this detail I remember

Yeah that's right. He had also been drugging her for months, to make her think she was going senile so that when she went "missing" people thought it was just another part of her strange behavior. He even went on holiday about a week after she was reported missing. He is a complete psychopath.

I thought that too! Awaiting next from Hull Live that neighbours close to Oak Park have reported seeing a cyclist acting suspiciously cycling several times in the park area and late at night.
I’ve been down there with my son practice throwing a javelin. Away from public walkers of course and limiting it to 10-15 meter throws...then we messed about with our drone. Early on an officer joked about using our drone but no jokes about our Javelin (sorry I know this is off topic)

But...his criminal history is all about acting alone. The burglary and flashing are very much solo occupations and I doubt he would have the 'good fortune' to find someone in the area with the same unusual obsessions and share what he's been doing. There's also an element of him having a false persona, hiding his true preferences, and those type of people are not likely to want to boast or reveal to others what they do they're actually quite repressed and sometimes ashamed. That's one reason why I think the other people seen or heard near the park will be wanted as witnesses only.

I also don't think he would need equipment to break into houses as some have suggested. Many student areas are targeted by burglars because younger people don't tend to pay much attention to security and in summer intruders can just walk through open doors or windows. I think the actual charge was 'trespass' not breaking and entering which would support that he just observed and then went through unlocked doors or open windows etc.

Most students are quite careful about locking up these days. With expensive laptops etc it's necessary to get the insurance. But I'd hazard a guess they'd still be easy to get into.

It wasn’t until his arrest and his picture was published that people recognised him from being up to no good in the area after dark.

I recall people mentioning he looked like the person that had been flashing on boxing day and had followed the women home to look through their windows. Their picture / efit looked like him. I also recall that date was mentioned by police when they said he would be charged with matters unrelated to libby but it was dropped before the court hearing and a different voyeurism charge used.

That makes me think they've charged him with the easiest things with rock solid evidence so they can concentrate on Libby but they have lots of other stuff.

I recall people mentioning he looked like the person that had been flashing on boxing day and had followed the women home to look through their windows. Their picture / efit looked like him. I also recall that date was mentioned by police when they said he would be charged with matters unrelated to libby but it was dropped before the court hearing and a different voyeurism charge used.

That makes me think they've charged him with the easiest things with rock solid evidence so they can concentrate on Libby but they have lots of other stuff.
I was expecting a few other Pervy charges.

Reactions: bos
Interesting reading. My mind is still all over the place on this one! Strontium I particularly like your stream of consciousness as it very much mirrors my own thinking, but personally I do not believe there was a second person involved. Damn the footage in the pitch black with screeching foxes is creepy. I’m brave but that would freak me out being in that park. Fair play to you for your calmness.

LS could of course have harmed herself but firstly I think she would have been found by now and secondly I do firmly believe she was in PRs car. The vehicle on spider cam is the same one police towed away and I really do feel it’s LS getting / being helped in on the cctv. This ties in with him telling family he gave a crying girl a lift. No other girl has come forward to say it was them and so I’m going to assume it was LS. From what I’ve since read about the kind of relatively minor voyeurism crimes PRs been charged with escalating ... I’d be amazed if LS simply walked out of that vehicle unharmed.

I feel her body is in the river and sadly it’s yet to be discovered. I think PR has just been lucky (for want of a better word). I don’t believe he is particularly clever or cunningly deceptive.

I do feel the language barrier made it easier for him to sit and say ‘no comment’ or lie in interview. There’s something intimidating about a police officer looking you in the eye, pushing you for answers, but third party ... through a translator, with a gap between questions and different tonal inflection - somehow in my mind it’s a broken process with less authority. JMO.

Could he have taken her back to his house? Never in a million years if the wife and kids were home. But remember the neighbours were asked a set of questions. Didn’t one include something about who else was seen at the property? Perhaps his wife and kids were in Poland - extended stay with family - and the question isn’t about there being an additional friend or lodger staying, more to establish if the family were home? It would mean he was free to be out that evening without question. Is it unusual that there’s no neighbour footage of the arrest itself? All that police activity in the street, you’d think somebody would be out with a mobile phone capturing PR and the wife & kids being driven away?

Another question - slightly off topic - I wanted to ask long time members ... I know it was stated somewhere early on that friends or family of LS might be reading the thread. I then read the case of Susan in Scotland and saw the wonderful coming together of friends, family & strangers to an incredible conclusion. But, does anybody know if a suspect has ever read or contributed to a thread here. Just a generally eerie thought I had.

Must admit I’ve had this same eerie thought what happens if someone suspicious is participating in all of this chat. I know the police have said Libby may have come to harm but all the chat of finding a body before any of us know for sure if she’s dead makes me extremely uncomfortable. Until the authorities come out and say she’s dead we have to keep an open mind that someone could have kidnapped and be holding her or if something sinister has taken place PR might be guilty alone or with an accomplice(s). I agree it’s unlikely Libby will be found safe but got a horrible feeling someone could be trying to throw people off the scent...

Must admit I’ve had this same eerie thought what happens if someone suspicious is participating in all of this chat. I know the police have said Libby may have come to harm but all the chat of finding a body before any of us know for sure if she’s dead makes me extremely uncomfortable. Until the authorities come out and say she’s dead we have to keep an open mind that someone could have kidnapped and be holding her or if something sinister has taken place PR might be guilty alone or with an accomplice(s). I agree it’s unlikely Libby will be found safe but got a horrible feeling someone could be trying to throw people off the scent...
I think the majority in Hull believe that she is still alive, and that she has been trafficked somewhere.

Can I just pick up on the fact a few people have mentioned the possibility LS and PR knew each other / were involved in some way.

I don't think this is remotely feasible. It's been stated several times that his English is not good. She's a philosophy student that likes reading. There is no real point of conversational opening there at all. Nor would their paths have much chance to cross.

Now we know more about him it's likely a lot of women might have found him creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amoody22