GUILTY UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he stands a chance? He could say there is no proof whatsoever that he killed her, not even a cause of death, is that enough? Or does he need to present something else like another suspect or something from the Post Mortem that wasn’t mentioned etc etc?
I believe new and compelling evidence would need to be presented if he were to have grounds for an appeal. He can’t just appeal because he doesn’t like the verdict

The Sun isn't reputable, no. Take anything it publishes with a pinch of salt. There's a good reason that an entire city boycotted it.

I apologise for posting the article if The Sun newspaper isn’t a credible source. I saw it among all the rest of today’s headlines and was so incredulous at his arrogance and lies that i felt the need to share. If it is true however, then good on his wife, I hope she got paid well for selling the story and that it helps make life a little easier for her and her children.

So are you saying that this could not have been avoided ? Our fingerprints are on our passports and documents we are filling in to remain in the UK. I am sure if they had more money and funding to put into these allegations, they would have been able to identify the perpetrator. They could have interviewed these x number of people and take fingerprints etc and possibly identify him.

I'm talking generally about fingerprints and DNA. There have been mass collections of DNA by the police to try and identify a suspect, but participation is voluntary. UK passports don't have have fingerprints so there's nothing to compare.

I apologise for posting the article if The Sun newspaper isn’t a credible source. I saw it among all the rest of today’s headlines and was so incredulous at his arrogance and lies that i felt the need to share. If it is true however, then good on his wife, I hope she got paid well for selling the story and that it helps make life a little easier for her and her children.
That is a good point. If she received payment I am okay with that!!

A big thanks to you too @Vermont24 and all the other locals who contributed with area knowledge and helpful photos, and cleared up a million questions. @Strontium69 deserves a shout out too, for literally taking one for the team!

Yes! Was just going to say the same thing! Thank you so much @Vermont24, and all of you locals who went out in all weathers to get photos and posted your local knowledge. It's been invaluable info, truly.

And of course @Niner for your daily reports, and everyone who has posted maps, screenshots, everything. What a fantastic bunch you all are.

It wasn't intended as criticism of your post, so no need to apologise. It's all valuable. I was just answering @ChiCubs2016 question.

It wasn't intended as criticism of your post, so no need to apologise. It's all valuable. I was just answering @ChiCubs2016 question.
Yes @Challwood, no criticism. I do not know much about the paper so asked if it was reputable. It is recognized as a MSM to use as a source on WS so you were good to post!

Please do not apologise if you had not posted it I was going to!

The papers do get exclusives which give extra information and print it after a trial ,which is interesting to read. As you say if his wife willingly volunteered the letter and has been paid then good luck to her.

That is awful. I know prints were taken from at least one burglary and yet they weren't on a database.
It is awful, what could have been! Ok is finger prints and DNA weren’t on file but we have seen how much CCTV he was picked up on re Libby so surely he was on CCTV doing these crimes, or were they not bothered about checking it for these.. so sad that she might still be here :(

Yes @Challwood, no criticism. I do not know much about the paper so asked if it was reputable. It is recognized as a MSM to use as a source on WS so you were good to post!
Basically, The Sun, a tabloid newspaper, wrote themselves off in 1989 when they blamed the Liverpool football fans for the horrific deadly crush at Hillsborough football stadium in Sheffield during a cup final between the two teams, calling them hooligans. It was the failings of the police for letting too many people into the ground. Coincidentally it is Justice Lambert who worked on this inquiry.

The Sun was also one of the last papers to abolish publishing photos of topless models on its infamous ‘Page Three’. So not at all reputable!! So this paper is also a factor in fuelling some mens’ belief of entitlement to women for purposes only of sex. Jmo. Good riddance PR.

Hillsborough disaster - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Do you think he stands a chance? He could say there is no proof whatsoever that he killed her, not even a cause of death, is that enough? Or does he need to present something else like another suspect or something from the Post Mortem that wasn’t mentioned etc etc?

He has to have new evidence, or claim some error in trial procedure to appeal the verdict. Am sure he will appeal the sentence though.

I'm talking generally about fingerprints and DNA. There have been mass collections of DNA by the police to try and identify a suspect, but participation is voluntary. UK passports don't have have fingerprints so there's nothing to compare.
Indeed, but I am talking as an EU citizen and the same would apply to Relowicz. But if they had at least interviewed him, they could have taken his fingerprints, no?

It's worth posting cos it would be a real letter. Speaks volumes that they've 'obtained' it. I'd guess someone linked to his wife. I hope she got paid

It was definitely a poor investigation by Humberside Police into his previous crimes. I live right in his 'catchment' area and take an interest in local news and I never heard anything about it at the time.

The Polish community is quite large and well established in this area and I believe they would have been very co-operative in helping find the perpetrator if it had been made more public and the news that they knew he was Polish had been shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro