GUILTY UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her parents statement on the news was heartbreaking

The officer in charge was asked if they had taken his previous offences more seriously could it have been prevented ...he stated he had never been picked up by the police and his finger prints were not on the database

I am so pleased with this verdict! I was one of the ones who wasn’t sure there was enough definitive proof for a guilty of murder so was leaning towards manslaughter.. we probably haven’t seen and heard everything the jury did and even just being in the same room as him, seeing his reactions, mannerisms etc, something thankfully none of us will have to do!
Well done to the jury for what must have been a very harrowing case to sit on and love to Libby and her family.. now let’s all hope he gets the longest term possible as he deserves nothing less...

It is great that sentencing will ge given tomorrow and Libby's parents can start the closure they need. It would be agony if having to wait weeks for a sentence
And we know what it will be. The only detail being the minimum time imposed before he's allowed to apply for parole.
Shame we'll never know what he would have got if they'd only convicted him of the rape! But I expect a lawyer with the right kind of experience will be able to work it out.

Just stopped crying and caught up on the posts here. The anticipation!! Today is a good news day and justice for Libby. Thankyou everyone who has always provided new and everyone else who's provided local knowledge and the rest for just inspiring discussions. May that beautiful girl now rest in peace *advertiser censored*

I wish I could go back to Libby's bench to place another card and some flowers there again, now that justice has been served. Due to the lockdown, I won't be able to. If any of Libby's family or friends are reading this - please know that if I could come back to Hull again, I would. I am so ecstatic and beyond relieved that Pawel has been found guilty on both charges. This, nor anything else, will ever take away the pain and heartache of Libby leaving this world too soon but I do hope that it brings some small sense of closure, some sense of relief and of peace.
Libby's tragedy has brought hundreds of us here on WS together since her disappearance. We have made good friends here; Libby brought us here. Thank you, Libby. Anyone reading this right now is reading it because we care about you. You will never, ever be forgotten. <3

Absolutely overjoyed, if ever you could be in this situation, especially for Libby’s family.

A small token towards ending the horrific ordeal of a trial and closing that chapter. They will never be able to move on, though they may try and time isn’t always a healer but I hope they can take some comfort that justice was served correctly for their daughter.

Sleep tight beautiful Libby x

@CoverMeCagney posted a nice post thanking the folks in other countries and I cannot find it but want to respond. Such a nice post. Thank you and others for providing so much information to help me understand the laws of your country. I know it took me way to long to realize how the verdicts in UK differ than the US so I appreciate your help. Also to the locals who provided invaluable information. Thank you all!

"Relowicz was charged with 13 offences and, in August 2019, pleaded guilty to nine of those charges - including voyeurism, outraging public decency and burglary - and was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in jail with an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order.

It can now be reported for the first time that his sentence was reduced to five years and eight months at the Court of Appeal in March last year."

Police defend investigations into Libby Squire's killer prior offending | ITV News

Firstly, sigh. :rolleyes:

Secondly, doesn't matter much now, does it?! Ha! Pathetic little monster. Hope he enjoyed his reduced sentence while it lasted.

"Relowicz was charged with 13 offences and, in August 2019, pleaded guilty to nine of those charges - including voyeurism, outraging public decency and burglary - and was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in jail with an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order.

It can now be reported for the first time that his sentence was reduced to five years and eight months at the Court of Appeal in March last year."

Police defend investigations into Libby Squire's killer prior offending | ITV News

Secondly, doesn't matter much now, does it?! Ha! Pathetic little monster. Hope he enjoyed his reduced sentence while it lasted.

Ah, I wondered where this figure came from - I saw it quoted earlier and thought they had the figures wrong.

So there will be an appeal incoming then for his murder and rape sentences no doubt

Well done to the jury - what a task they have faced, and what a great job. I bet they will sleep well tonight. Despite the horrors of the case, what a great community on this thread - at times I was glad we weren’t all in the pub together, but it’s been great getting to know you all - I have learnt So much on this case, more than any other I’ve followed. RIP Libby, you will not be forgotten sweetheart.

Relowicz was charged with 13 offences and, in August 2019, pleaded guilty to nine of those charges - including voyeurism, outraging public decency and burglary - and was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in jail with an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order.

It can now be reported for the first time that his sentence was reduced to five years and eight months at the Court of Appeal in March last year.

You're much quicker than me :D

Please accept our thoughts and love. Nothing can bring back your beautiful talented girl, I know. I am so so sorry. My eyes are filled with tears. But I feel I need to tell you The strength you have shown has been out of this earth. How dignified and stoic and courageous you have been. I admire you.

Speaking outside court, Mrs Squire thanked supporters but said Relowicz's conviction "changes nothing for us, there is no closure".

"Libby will always be with us," she added.

Fly high Libby

@CoverMeCagney posted a nice post thanking the folks in other countries and I cannot find it but want to respond. Such a nice post. Thank you and others for providing so much information to help me understand the laws of your country. I know it took me way to long to realize how the verdicts in UK differ than the US so I appreciate your help. Also to the locals who provided invaluable information. Thank you all!

Cheers Chi! You have put in so much time - often at unearthly hours - learning everything about this case and our justice system, it is very much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home