Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #10 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s very kind of you to say eloquent :) sometimes I feel I’m being a bit chatty and waffley!!! :confused: But yes, I really feel that if those screams were startling, unusual, dramatic and significant, surely they’d spring straight to mind when the police come knocking asking about anything out of place that night?

I don’t know what to think anymore. I do believe it’s LS on spider cam, I feel he’s helping her in to the car. Not forcing her, just guiding somebody drunk to sit down. But like many others, my views change each time I watch it. The story they’ve built from there I guess depends a great deal on what additional cctv the police have seen.

It’s almost a month now. So sad.
I also believe it's Libby getting into the car which is why I cannot watch that footage to the end. I always halt it before.

But even if she did get IN voluntarily I guess it's still abduction / kidnapping if she didn't arrive home in one piece and unharmed afterwards.

He's been charged with a number of offences which are now sub judice, so none of them may be discussed in the media. So what they can say about him is restricted - they can't mention any of the juicy stuff.

Even prior to him being charged I was amazed they didn’t have at least a neighbour or two talking awkwardly to camera about how they were a lovely quiet family, kept themselves to themselves etc.

But that’s interesting Cherwell, I didn’t realise that him being up on unrelated charges would prevent press speaking to colleagues to get a character testimony. Is there a specific law against it? Or just considered unethical reporting? I’m assuming a law since many of the nationals don’t really know the meaning of the word ethics!!

I'm also dubious that you wouldn't report screams earlier if they sounded different to the norm. Everyone has a mobile these days. I would have thought more than one household would have heard them as well. I'm used to the sound of pub goers returning home but did once report what I felt was a suspicious scream. It didn't take long, the police said they'd check and I went back to sleep.

The press were all over PRs family and friends at first. Comments from sister and mother where they as good as said he'd admitted to seeing and interacting with Libby. And comments from friends about how nice he was.

Whether they're more cautious following leveson, or the police have specifically asked for a blackout or his friends are getting flak and avoiding the press. Especially given the nature of the charges that have been brought.

I saw the mother and sister quotes but don’t recall seeing any of his friends comment?

Yes, I can imagine they might not want to be connected to him but usually a few quid offered by an unscrupulous newspaper sorts that out! Even a neighbour talking about the family next door - we usually see SOMETHING in the press don’t we? It was so quiet from the moment of his arrest.

It’s sad watching spider cam. I don’t blame you for being unable to watch it :(

I also believe it's Libby getting into the car which is why I cannot watch that footage to the end. I always halt it before.

But even if she did get IN voluntarily I guess it's still abduction / kidnapping if she didn't arrive home in one piece and unharmed afterwards.

Not If she got out unharmed it isn't.

Say you offered someone a lift......you dropped them off somewhere safe and sound....but they don't end up home.

Surely you can't be done for kidnap lol.

I'm never giving anyone a lift again on that basis, they can walk.

I saw the mother and sister quotes but don’t recall seeing any of his friends comment?

Yes, I can imagine they might not want to be connected to him but usually a few quid offered by an unscrupulous newspaper sorts that out! Even a neighbour talking about the family next door - we usually see SOMETHING in the press don’t we? It was so quiet from the moment of his arrest.

It always goes quiet in the press once someone is charged.

You literally barely hear a word until trial.

Everyone is entitled to a fair trial the press can't jeopardise that.

If they charge him for anything to do with Libby you probably won't see anything other than odd snippet about court dates until the actual trial

Even prior to him being charged I was amazed they didn’t have at least a neighbour or two talking awkwardly to camera about how they were a lovely quiet family, kept themselves to themselves etc.

But that’s interesting Cherwell, I didn’t realise that him being up on unrelated charges would prevent press speaking to colleagues to get a character testimony. Is there a specific law against it? Or just considered unethical reporting? I’m assuming a law since many of the nationals don’t really know the meaning of the word ethics!!
There were a few quotes from neighbours when he was first arrested and the car impounded.
But like I said, he has been charged with offences so the media can't publish any interviews or discuss his character now. That would interfere with the legal process and amount to contempt of court.

That aside, the police have probably warned them off as well, as any attempt to connect him with Libby's disappearance at this stage could jeopardise the outcome, if indeed he is involved.

Some of the very early post-arrest coverage, in the most base MSM, carried reports including the names and ages of the children and a photograph of the youngest.

Illegal and/or against press guidelines I think but not sure. Certainly morally bankrupt.

Not If she got out unharmed it isn't.

Say you offered someone a lift......you dropped them off somewhere safe and sound....but they don't end up home.

Surely you can't be done for kidnap lol.

et mne giving anyone a lift again on that basis, they can walk.
Clearly she didn't arrive anywhere unharmed or she'd be sitting in lectures and this thread wouldn't exist. She'd appear in more CCTV. She'd be found. She was too drunk to get far. The taxi driver managed to deliver her safety without her disappearing after all.

So I'm working on the assumption he didn't just drop her off unharmed a few streets away and tootle off home to his cocoa. I'm assuming that he harmed her or kept her somewhere against her will.

There were a few quotes from neighbours when he was first arrested and the car impounded.
But like I said, he has been charged with offences so the media can't publish any interviews or discuss his character now. That would interfere with the legal process and amount to contempt of court.

That aside, the police have probably warned them off as well, as any attempt to connect him with Libby's disappearance at this stage could jeopardise the outcome, if indeed he is involved.

Gotcha. Thanks Cherwell & Joolz, this makes sense. I guess I’m still thinking he’s not been charged as such, but he HAS been charged, on other offences. Whilst the press can be ruthless, they’re unlikely to hamper a kidnap investigation I wouldn’t have thought. That explains that for me. Thank you!

Clearly she didn't arrive anywhere unharmed or she'd be sitting in lectures and this thread wouldn't exist. She'd appear in more CCTV. She'd be found. She was too drunk to get far. The taxi driver managed to deliver her safety without her disappearing after all.

So I'm working on the assumption he didn't just drop her off unharmed a few streets away and tootle off home to his cocoa. I'm assuming that he harmed her or kept her somewhere against her will.

Well I think most of us are assuming that but it's not a proven fact yet so think we have to be just a teeny bit careful.

For all we know little alleged penis flasher could have been doing a good deed.

I don't think for one minute he was but I think it's important to keep an open in mind in that he hasn't been charged with anything relating to Libby so far.

For what it's worth, the only thing I've been able to see from the start in spidercam is something chucked on the floor and a person lifted and dropped onto the car seat, at which point they flop forwards and towards the driver seat.

Regarding the witnesses of screams, I fear that might just be retrospective projection and an eagerness to help, swept up in the drama so close to home.

I would imagine that the perp drove Libby down back streets and somewhere remote where things tragically came to an end.

I dont think an accomplice because I'm sure the police have had access to all of P contacts and electronic records.

The obsession with the park is probably due to repeated visits by the Perp in the days following the event as he would consider it a place to go to get his head together away from the guilt of having to pretend to be normal around his family.

For what it's worth, the only thing I've been able to see from the start in spidercam is something chucked on the floor and a person lifted and dropped onto the car seat, at which point they flop forwards and towards the driver seat.

Regarding the witnesses of screams, I fear that might just be retrospective projection and an eagerness to help, swept up in the drama so close to home.

I would imagine that the perp drove Libby down back streets and somewhere remote where things tragically came to an end.

I dont think an accomplice because I'm sure the police have had access to all of P contacts and electronic records.

The obsession with the park is probably due to repeated visits by the Perp in the days following the event as he would consider it a place to go to get his head together away from the guilt of having to pretend to be normal around his family.

I agree totally.

I thought that at first, but when he leaves, after fiddling with his phone/smoking, he doesn't appear to have a bag with him, so unless he got it out of the boot, where did the bag come from?

I always assumed it was his 'gym bag' taken out with him in a Pinocchio way "bye, I'm off to the Gym with my gym bag." JMO

*Regarding the witness who reported a scream, a banging gate and male voices*

Now that we know what house was hers, and after looking at the photos on Rightmove, the garden gate does look like a logical place to try to gain entry to the property if you had no key. Especially that PR is good at getting into houses, it really makes we wonder whether that’s where something initially happened.

*Regarding the witness who reported a scream, a banging gate and male voices*

Now that we know what house was hers, and after looking at the photos on Rightmove, the garden gate does look like a logical place to try to gain entry to the property if you had no key. Especially that PR is good at getting into houses, it really makes we wonder whether that’s where something initially happened.

Well it certainly makes sense to me (even though I still don't believe it)

Just caught up. I think LE allowed spidercam to be released (although heavily formatted) because you can't (definitively) identify who goes into the passenger seat and so that bit would be of no use to them in court.

They may have wanted someone to know that they'd been caught on camera in that area though.

I always assumed it was his 'gym bag' taken out with him in a Pinocchio way "bye, I'm off to the Gym with my gym bag." JMO
But at what point does he take it with him before returning to the car with his passenger and why?

Reactions: bos

But don't forget this was earlier hours Friday Morning. They started searching the pond and park Saturday on the Saturday. I believe the police had Spidercam on the Friday when Haworth street was searched. They saw he's car on cctv leaving Haworth and also around Oak rd.

But at what point does he take it with him before returning to the car with his passenger and why?

Maybe it was just on the passenger seat.

He picks it up pops it on the floor.

I don't think it's a bag,think it's a coat or a hoody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman