Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nothing to do with Libby.

Police confirm it is not linked to any other investigations

A Humberside Police spokesman has confirmed the incident is not related to any other ongoing investigations.

Struggling to make out on a map the flow of the river near the park to where it meets the estuary ?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but Oak Road pond is marked at the top of the map (river Hull to the right if it) and the point at which the river Hull meets the Humber at the bottom. To the left as shown on the map below is upstream towards North Ferriby and to the right is towards the ferry terminal, Paull and the sea.

Attachments

• 20190317_191946.jpg
    20190317_191946.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 26
Please welcome our newest verified lawyer for Great Britain, Happylappy101

Since Happylappy101 is now a verified attorney they do not have to post links when they post. We ask you to show respect Happylappy101. If you do not agree with what they are posting you need to scroll by. You are allowed to ask questions but you are not allowed to harass.

Thank you for agreeing to become verified Happylappy101. Our verified members on Websleuths contribute so much to the many cases we discuss and we all appreciate their efforts and willingness to become verified.

Thank you,

Tricia

Please welcome our newest verified lawyer for Great Britain, Happylappy101

Since Happylappy101 is now a verified attorney they do not have to post links when they post. We ask you to show respect Happylappy101. If you do not agree with what they are posting you need to scroll by. You are allowed to ask questions but you are not allowed to harass.

Thank you for agreeing to become verified Happylappy101. Our verified members on Websleuths contribute so much to the many cases we discuss and we all appreciate their efforts and willingness to become verified.

Thank you,

Tricia

They've been a great asset to the discussion so far. Happy to have you here @Happylappy101

Vermont has said there is no lighting in the park. Maybe his phone had a good torch :oops:. It's not funny really. I just can't see anyone intoxicated or not voluntarily going to sit in a pitch black park

I agree ..but if anything happened in the park at all of any description the same applies

Last edited:
I couldn't bring myself to walk far into the park today, and certainly not towards the pond and river. The sun was out, there was joggers, dogs running around the field and children playing on a climbing frame, but the feeling in the pit of my stomach wouldn't let me go any further. I did a loop around the house that we discussed earlier, and then headed for home.

I used to work in a hospital and saw plenty of awful things, but this park is just an infinitely sad place now.

This made me feel weird.

In my mind I have you down as brave and fearless Vermont, for all the wonderful local pics you’ve shared so far and locations you’ve been to.

Your hesitancy feels palpable in this instance. I wonder what stopped you going there today? It must feel strange watching park life play out as normal in front of you.

I’m also creeped out by Casual getting a feeling about this week. I thought your premonition was about to become a fast reality with the Hull news alert this evening.

I do hope Joelle will attend tomorrow. PR must look very different in that court room with a couple of extra stone in weight and absence of glasses.

Having done a little digging I don’t think PR has family in the UK. I know some people suggested a family member might have been an accomplice but I don’t think that’s possible. His sister lived here in 2014 but since moved to Norway. His other siblings live in Germany and the small town he is from in Poland. Most are younger than he is and still live at the family home.

I was reading back over PRs mothers comments in MSM today. It’s odd, and I’d need to pick out specific quotes to highlight what I mean ... but something in the way she speaks about her son is as though she knows he is capable of something.

‘If something isn’t right, God forbid, then there must be punishment.’

‘I would rather die than know he is guilty. My heart is breaking over this and I feel so sad for the girl’s parents and what they are going through.’

‘everyone has a weak side and there is no such thing as an ideal person’

I appreciate that this is a translated interview under difficult circumstances for her. But it’s alnost as if her worst fears are being realised. Suggesting ‘everyone has a weak side’ does not instil confidence.

This made me feel weird.

In my mind I have you down as brave and fearless Vermont, for all the wonderful local pics you’ve shared so far and locations you’ve been to.

Your hesitancy feels palpable in this instance. I wonder what stopped you going there today? It must feel strange watching park life play out as normal in front of you.

I’m also creeped out by Casual getting a feeling about this week. I thought your premonition was about to become a fast reality with the Hull news alert this evening.

I do hope Joelle will attend tomorrow. PR must look very different in that court room with a couple of extra stone in weight and absence of glasses.

Having done a little digging I don’t think PR has family in the UK. I know some people suggested a family member might have been an accomplice but I don’t think that’s possible. His sister lived here in 2014 but since moved to Norway. His other siblings live in Germany and the small town he is from in Poland. Most are younger than he is and still live at the family home.

I was reading back over PRs mothers comments in MSM today. It’s odd, and I’d need to pick out specific quotes to highlight what I mean ... but something in the way she speaks about her son is as though she knows he is capable of something.

‘If something isn’t right, God forbid, then there must be punishment.’

‘I would rather die than know he is guilty. My heart is breaking over this and I feel so sad for the girl’s parents and what they are going through.’

‘everyone has a weak side and there is no such thing as an ideal person’

I appreciate that this is a translated interview under difficult circumstances for her. But it’s alnost as if her worst fears are being realised. Suggesting ‘everyone has a weak side’ does not instil confidence.

Perhaps it was because the reason I was there contrasted sharply with what I was seeing, and that the scenario I set out earlier is what I believe until proven otherwise. Life must have stopped in many ways for LS's loved ones, and people enjoying their day here despite what happened, perhaps even oblivious to it, seems cruel and sad.

Last edited:
Perhaps it was because the reason I was there contrasted sharply with what I was seeing, and that the scenario I set out earlier is what I believe until proven otherwise. Life must have stopped in many ways for LS's loved ones, and people enjoying their day here despite what happened, perhaps even oblivious to it, seems cruel and sad.

Your theory of what happened seems very plausible. Aside from alternate scenarios I often hypothesise over for the sake of elimination, I’m much inclined to agree that this is most likely what happened.

Yes, I read some of her friends from that evening quit their university courses to return home to loved ones. How do you even begin to return to normal life after something like this. The constant ‘what ifs’ and sliding doors moments must be a recurring nightmare. Not to mention the dark place her family are stuck in.

Thanks Vermont for all your work helping us to picture the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl