Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... the suggestions that the bacon factory in Malton provides transport (buses?) for workers has been raised here.
Could the 3 people in the CCTV have been on the way to be picked up by that or another factory ?
What are the shifts like locally? Different times have been mentioned and googling doesn't provide an answer.
Just considering everything here.
I think I remember a while back someone saying the night shift in the Malton factory was 10pm to 6am. Then 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm. My friend is a factory engineer and has these shifts too but there could be different shifts in different factories. Although I think it's unusual to start work at 3am or 4am if a firm provides transport and the people would be out very early waiting for a bus to get them to work for a 6am start.

Last edited:
I agree totally

My only other scenario would be he took her into the park and frightened her by exposing himself or worse and she got away running into trouble at the river bank

Is there any form of lighting in the park though? Not sure he'd get the full desired effect if he was flashing in the pitch black.

I think I remember a while back someone saying the night shift in the Malton factory was 10pm to 6am. Then 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm. My friend is a factory engineer and has these shifts too but there could be different shifts in different factories. Although I think it's unusual to start work at 3am or 4am if a firm provides transport.

I can't see a full bus going from Hull though. Maybe picks up from a few different towns on the way ???

Can anyone local help me out with bus timetables from Clough Road early hours weekday please?

I tried googling but need a bus number (?) and a destination from Clough Road - and I'm not local so these queries are not helpful.

In explanation I am just wondering if two or three of the people on CCTV were heading to a bus stop?

I think there are late night buses on a weekend only and only on a few select routes. I can't think of a bus which actually goes down Clough Road at any time.

Is there any form of lighting in the park though? Not sure he'd get the full desired effect if he was flashing in the pitch black.
It would be a bit of a waste of his time if noone could see what he was flashing in the pitch black I agree. From the photo Vermont 24 put on here today there are lights on the Oak Road path but I wouldn't have thought there would be in the park itself. Maybe Vermont or another Hull local would know about park lights

They're not in the park, and I'm not suggesting it took place there.

It's quite normal to see drug deals happening in this area, and usually out in the relative open. Cycle paths seem to be a common meeting place. I've probably seen three this week.
During daylight maybe , in the early hours of the morning drug dealers usually (if they are on) have established meeting spots that are nearby their location and sufficiently lit for purpose , like bus stops or shop fronts.
Are you saying it's normal to see drug deals in the vicinity of oak road path in the early hours 1 to 2am and you've personally seen 3 this week ?

It would be a bit of a waste of his time if noone could see what he was flashing in the pitch black I agree. From the photo Vermont 24 put on here today there are lights on the Oak Road path but I wouldn't have thought there would be in the park itself. Maybe Vermont or another Hull local would know about park lights

Vermont has said there is no lighting in the park. Maybe his phone had a good torch :oops:. It's not funny really. I just can't see anyone intoxicated or not voluntarily going to sit in a pitch black park

During daylight maybe , in the early hours of the morning drug dealers usually (if they are on) have established meeting spots that are nearby their location and sufficiently lit for purpose , like bus stops or shop fronts.
Are you saying it's normal to see drug deals in the vicinity of oak road path in the early hours 1 to 2am and you've personally seen 3 this week ?

I've seen three drug deals in HU5 this week. I think @Strontium69 would tell you something similar.

I suspect in this case that someone, be it dealer or buyer, has parked up off Clough Road - and there are plenty of places to do that - and the cyclist has gone to meet the car. That's a pretty standard method around here.

Last edited:
@Happygirlie2003

Here you go. The photo posts/explanation carries on for a few pages. It was mostly for the benefit of people who aren't local and familiar with the area, so hopefully it'll be of some help to you. It might be worth having Google Maps open alongside:

UK - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*
Thanks that’s really useful. Actually gives me the creeps seeing the map of all the streets mentioned the park area and the water/river hull kinda like a reality check. I agree with the scenarios mentioned about Libby being killed in the park maybe not deliberately. I reckon she’s passed out sleeping drunk in the car and he’s did his usual indecent antics then she’s probably woken disorientated and the rest is history. Really hope they find clear evidence to get this guy locked up for life. I know we still don’t know for sure Libby is dead but 99.9% certain she is, then there’s innocent until proven guilty n all that but I would be very surprised if the POI in custody isn’t the guilty party. I mentioned way back the oak road cctv clips having only LS and PR, PR being running man walking man and cyclist. Just my own instinct as off the wall as it may sound

Vermont has said there is no lighting in the park. Maybe his phone had a good torch :oops:. It's not funny really. I just can't see anyone intoxicated or not voluntarily going to sit in a pitch black park
Me neither. I just wonder whether PR drove Libby to the park and flashed while she was in his car so she could see what was being flashed as there would be enough light in the car. It scared her so she managed to get out of the car if he had not centrally locked it and ran away into the dark Park to try to hide from him. Maybe he suddenly appeared before her and frightened her in the dark so she screamed and he tried to gag her with his hand over her mouth but suffocated her. Then had to do something quickly so somehow got her to the river and pushed her in and ran off

I couldn't bring myself to walk far into the park today, and certainly not towards the pond and river. The sun was out, there was joggers, dogs running around the field and children playing on a climbing frame, but the feeling in the pit of my stomach wouldn't let me go any further. I did a loop around the house that we discussed earlier, and then headed for home.

I used to work in a hospital and saw plenty of awful things, but this park is just an infinitely sad place now.

I couldn't bring myself to walk far into the park today, and certainly not towards the pond and river. The sun was out, there was joggers, dogs running around the field and children playing on a climbing frame, but the feeling in the pit of my stomach wouldn't let me go any further. I did a loop around the house that we discussed earlier, and then headed for home.

I used to work in a hospital and saw plenty of awful things, but this park is just an infinitely sad place now.
I think its looking more and more likely as time passes with no sign of Libby that she never left the park. As HopeForGoodNews said who would ever choose to go to a pitch black park with someone they don't know even if intoxicated. Plus there would have been further sightings of her after this time had she left the park. And LE wouldn't still be appealing for the 4 people on cctv Oak Road to still come forward had she left the park

I don't quite understand one part of this when the witness son said about hearing the screams "it sounded like he was moving". Did he make a mistake here and mean she (the person who was screaming) was moving rather than "he". If not what does "it sounded like he was moving" refer to? Does he mean the screams were all in different parts of the park. If the man made no noise how can it sound like he is moving. Rather confusing.
Yes, I noticed that. It's either a typo where 'he' should read 'she', or the father has misunderstood what his son said, and associated the screams with the running man. Chinese whispers: the more people a story is filtered through, the more it changes along the way. Although if you look at what the son is quoted as saying, it is quite vague.

I'm not convinced that one can always be sure whether screams come from a male or a female though - and of course there's the ever-popular vulpine possibility!

I got a weird feeling that we might get some big news this week.

I have no inside information or knowledge.

It's a gut feeling.

Let's hope so.

At minimum, it would be good to hear more information about the circumstances of the charges put to PR tomorrow, but I'm saying that from a somewhat selfish place because it won't do a thing to help LS and her loved ones.

I got a weird feeling that we might get some big news this week.

I have no inside information or knowledge.

It's a gut feeling.

I thought that last week, and the week before, and the week before that.... in fact, ever the optimist, I usually think a case will be wrapped up and solved inside a week or two. Hope you're right and we get some sort of break in the case asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member