Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If PR Was the running man witnessed by the lad in Claremont Avenue would LE have cctv of PRs car coming out of the park area and heading to his home? If the lad witnessed PR running at 12.30ish why do you think LE want the witnesses on cctv up until 2.30am to come forward or are they the only people who were on Oak Road path all night possibly. I wonder if PR didn't go straight home after disposal in the River rather loitering in his car contemplating what he had done and shocked and that's why LE want to speak to the people on cctv til 2.30am in case anyone saw him or his car hanging round

I also think he may have sat in his car for a while...maybe even going back into the park ...or even that he left but returned later

I also think he may have sat in his car for a while...maybe even going back into the park ...or even that he left but returned later
He could have waited around or gone back into the park to check if she was still alive. He might have wondered if he had really killed her or if she was unconscious but still alive and might reappear

He could have waited around or gone back into the park to check if she was still alive. He might have wondered if he had really killed her or if she was unconscious but still alive and might reappear

Yes quite possibly he may hang around if she had ran from him or he didn't feel he had killed her

After reading what you have said I re watched the cctv Oak Road images. For some reason I don't know why I always thought the person closest and most well seen of the 2 people walking was a man in jogging pants but I have watched it again and feel it could be a tallish woman wearing a short black skirt, black trainers and with bare legs. The long strides remind me a bit of the long strides in the cctv footage of Libby on way to Welly as do the clothes. Though if it was Libby where on earth would she have ended up after this at 2.30am

That’s what I was seeing ... but having since seen the still screen shot posted here and read you’d changed your mind back to joggers again ... I’m not sure either!!

I think it was also that stride that got me. Reminded me of the Welly footage.

The white face is definitely just the way the camera pics up large blocks of skin I think. Not a balaclava ... just lots of light.

I’m still not convinced it’s a man in joggers though. Girl in skirt and black trainers is equally viable for me.

I also feel that IF it’s her and she’s being marched against her will, there would be an opportunity to escape here. So, in that sense I’m assuming she would be in this position voluntarily. Which would bring us back to were they known to each other, and whilst I’m not discounting that I’m not sure it’s likely.

Round. In. Circles.

I'm just wondering if is Libby in the cctv and they are coming towards shall I say a less isolated place she must have started sobering up by this time 2.30am so why would she not suddenly run away towards Clough Road and scream near the police station. Maybe there was a weapon to her back but it appears the 2 people walking together are in stride and purposeful it doesn't look threatening. Of course if it is just 2 people out returning home then it wouldn't look threating. Strange creepy way to walk home but I suppose less frightening if 2 friends together.
I just have an idea that LE do suspect the cctv walking person is Libby and person with her is PR but PR has denied this and the cctv is not clear enough to provide positive identification so LE put out a request for all the 4 people to come forward in order to rule out it being Libby and PR if the actual people came forward. As noone has still come forward maybe it is looking more likely that it actually is PR and Libby. I havent seen it stated anywhere officially that PR was back home by 3am.
Seeing it close up like that it does look more like grey jogging pants than bare legs and more like a man than a woman. It looks like a white balaclava over the face cant make that out at all! Thanks for the close up
I agree looks like a man in joggers
Haworth man and Oak rd man ?

Attachments

• Untitled 12.jpeg
    Untitled 12.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 65
That’s what I was seeing ... but having since seen the still screen shot posted here and read you’d changed your mind back to joggers again ... I’m not sure either!!

I think it was also that stride that got me. Reminded me of the Welly footage.

The white face is definitely just the way the camera pics up large blocks of skin I think. Not a balaclava ... just lots of light.

I’m still not convinced it’s a man in joggers though. Girl in skirt and black trainers is equally viable for me.

I also feel that IF it’s her and she’s being marched against her will, there would be an opportunity to escape here. So, in that sense I’m assuming she would be in this position voluntarily. Which would bring us back to were they known to each other, and whilst I’m not discounting that I’m not sure it’s likely.

Round. In. Circles.
It was definitely how the person was walking the stride that I thought very similar to Libbys walk to Welly. I had almost become convinced it was her in a short black skirt, bare legs and black vans trainers when I watched the footage til I saw the still cctv image and zoomed in and it no longer looked like bare legs but rather grey joggers.

Hmmm. But then who do you think person 2 beside him is in Oak Road?
I always thought it was PR and LS and then had my doubts lately because of black trousers. But a man like PR going around at night doing his dirty business i guarantee he has a change of clothing in the boot that car. So you never know.

I always thought it was PR and LS and then had my doubts lately because of black trousers. But a man like PR going around at night doing his dirty business i guarantee he has a change of clothing in the boot that car. So you never know.
Also he goes to the gym so could have a change of sports clothes in his car like grey joggers. Also work clothes and a change of normal clothes if he didn't want to drive home from work in his works clothes or wanted to go straight out after work. Don't know whether he would have tried to get rid of the clothes he wore when allegedly with Libby as would possibly have DNA on them but he could explain this to LE by saying she was with him willingly not against her will and he was supporting her and helping her get in his car whilst drunk.

Just collecting together the two accounts of the screams & running man so that speculation doesn't become false fact.
1. We do not know where the witness lives - seems quite likely it's Claremont Avenue but we do not know.
2 Unless reported elsewhere, we do not know the age of the witness, so let's not refer to him as a "young lad". His father may be elderly.

Daily Mirror, 7 Feb

A local, who wanted to stay anonymous, said the cries rang out “seven or eight” times and went on for about 15 minutes.

They said they then spotted a man running out of Oak Road Playing Fields – minutes away from Libby’s home in Hull.
…...
One resident said: “I woke at about quarter past 12 and there was a scream. It sounded like a woman’s scream towards the back of the park, where the river bank and pond is. Then 30 seconds later there was another scream. She must have screamed seven or eight times. All of the screams had gaps between them. The screams must have gone on for about 15 minutes.

“They sounded eerie, they sounded dark. Then I saw a male running.”

Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished

Daily Telegraph, 9 Feb
Police have also stepped up the search of an area around the Oak Road playing fields, where a witness described hearing a woman screaming and a man running away late last Thursday night.

Speaking to the Telegraph, the witness's father, whose house overlooks the fields, said:
"My son heard the screaming - he heard about six or seven screams - and he went to look out of the window. He said it sounded like he was moving. It was intermittent."

He went on: "The man he saw wasn't dressed for a night out. He wasn't dressed for the weather.
He saw him running for around 40 yards, sprinting at times. He said he was on his own and he wasn’t looking back."

Libby Squire: Police examining CCTV footage which may show missing student

Also he goes to the gym so could have a change of sports clothes in his car like grey joggers. Also work clothes and a change of normal clothes if he didn't want to drive home from work in his works clothes or wanted to go straight out after work. Don't know whether he would have tried to get rid of the clothes he wore when allegedly with Libby as would possibly have DNA on them but he could explain this to LE by saying she was with him willingly not against her will and he was supporting her and helping her get in his car whilst drunk.
Person on the inside maybe a female ?

Attachments

• Untitled 13.jpeg
    Untitled 13.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 61
Just collecting together the two accounts of the screams & running man so that speculation doesn't become false fact.
1. We do not know where the witness lives - seems quite likely it's Claremont Avenue but we do not know.
2 Unless reported elsewhere, we do not know the age of the witness, so let's not refer to him as a "young lad". His father may be elderly.

Daily Mirror, 7 Feb

A local, who wanted to stay anonymous, said the cries rang out “seven or eight” times and went on for about 15 minutes.

They said they then spotted a man running out of Oak Road Playing Fields – minutes away from Libby’s home in Hull.
…...
One resident said: “I woke at about quarter past 12 and there was a scream. It sounded like a woman’s scream towards the back of the park, where the river bank and pond is. Then 30 seconds later there was another scream. She must have screamed seven or eight times. All of the screams had gaps between them. The screams must have gone on for about 15 minutes.

“They sounded eerie, they sounded dark. Then I saw a male running.”

Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished

Daily Telegraph, 9 Feb
Police have also stepped up the search of an area around the Oak Road playing fields, where a witness described hearing a woman screaming and a man running away late last Thursday night.

Speaking to the Telegraph, the witness's father, whose house overlooks the fields, said:
"My son heard the screaming - he heard about six or seven screams - and he went to look out of the window. He said it sounded like he was moving. It was intermittent."

He went on: "The man he saw wasn't dressed for a night out. He wasn't dressed for the weather.
He saw him running for around 40 yards, sprinting at times. He said he was on his own and he wasn’t looking back."

Libby Squire: Police examining CCTV footage which may show missing student
I don't quite understand one part of this when the witness son said about hearing the screams "it sounded like he was moving". Did he make a mistake here and mean she (the person who was screaming) was moving rather than "he". If not what does "it sounded like he was moving" refer to? Does he mean the screams were all in different parts of the park. If the man made no noise how can it sound like he is moving. Rather confusing. You are right it does not say the age of the son. I just assumed if he was living with his father and his father was speaking to the newspaper rather than the son himself that he would be young but it does not say this anywhere.

So... the suggestions that the bacon factory in Malton provides transport (buses?) for workers has been raised here.
Could the 3 people in the CCTV have been on the way to be picked up by that or another factory ?
What are the shifts like locally? Different times have been mentioned and googling doesn't provide an answer.
Just considering everything here.

Person on the inside maybe a female ?
It's extremely difficult to make out the second person. All I can see is that they look of a very similar height to each other and similar walking stride so not one alot smaller than the other. The person appears to be wearing black trousers not sports clothes or clubbing clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allewine