Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks okay its all good. :)

Close up for you.
This is what I can't make out having zoomed in many times. What is on the face and head of the walking person on cctv to make it so bright white covering all the face and head like a white balaclava. I know it was -5c that night but white balaclavas are somewhat unusual

I think it is light reflection, it is the same on the person on the bike and running mans shirt. Anything light colored seems to be bright white.
Ah thankyou that would make sense. Yes you are right the cyclist has a white head too. I just thought that might have been his cycle helmet

This is what I can't make out having zoomed in many times. What is on the face and head of the walking person on cctv to make it so bright white covering all the face and head like a white balaclava. I know it was -5c that night but white balaclavas are somewhat unusual
Or the faces have been blanked out

If PR Was the running man witnessed by the lad in Claremont Avenue would LE have cctv of PRs car coming out of the park area and heading to his home? If the lad witnessed PR running at 12.30ish why do you think LE want the witnesses on cctv up until 2.30am to come forward or are they the only people who were on Oak Road path all night possibly. I wonder if PR didn't go straight home after disposal in the River rather loitering in his car contemplating what he had done and shocked and that's why LE want to speak to the people on cctv til 2.30am in case anyone saw him or his car hanging round

They'd likely only have CCTV from the point he re-entered the main road. There's no immediately obvious surveillance around the park and Beresford Avenue. I suspect the whole residential area is a bit of a black hole. There is a camera set back on the grounds of the primary school, but I couldn't say for sure if it captures Beresford at all.

I've absolutely no experience with criminal psychology, but I'd imagine that many people who have just killed someone try to re-establish normality as quickly as possible (i.e. Edward Tenniswood going for a kebab shortly after murdering India Chipchase), particularly if it's their first time or they're conflicted. I think there's a good chance PR went straight home.

Last edited:
I've just got back from Oak Road following suggestion that 'all bushes and trees' had been removed by a private contractor on Friday. That's not the case - it's exactly the same as when I'd visited on Thursday.

For clarity, I'm looking towards Beresford Avenue and the entrance to the park. The area covered by the Croda CCTV is behind me. The suggestion seems to have originated from a HBC group on SM. If you've strayed onto there at all, you'll know that an incredible amount of rubbish gets said.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 59
They'd likely only have CCTV from the point he re-entered the main road. There's no immediately obvious surveillance around the park and Beresford Avenue. I suspect the whole residential area is a bit of a black hole. There is a camera set back on the grounds of the primary school, but I couldn't say for sure if it captures Beresford at all.

I've absolutely no experience with criminal psychology, but I'd imagine that many people who have just killed someone try to re-establish normality as quickly as possible (i.e. Edward Tenniswood going for a kebab shortly after murdering India Chipchase), particularly if it's their first time or they're conflicted. I think there's a good chance PR went straight home.

Exactly this. IMO, highly likely P went home asap after events and may have done something completely “normal” like purchase cigarettes or eat a takeaway. Both first time and seasoned offenders have behaved this way.

I've just got back from Oak Road following suggestion that 'all bushes and trees' had been removed by a private contractor on Friday. That's not the case - it's exactly the same as when I'd visited on Thursday.

For clarity, I'm looking towards Beresford Avenue and the entrance to the park. The area covered by the Croda CCTV is behind me. The suggestion seems to have originated from a HBC group on SM. If you've strayed onto there at all, you'll know that an incredible amount of rubbish gets said.
Well done. Great to have someone very local who can go out and investigate and send photos. Do you know if the lights work on that path? Wouldn't be too bad if it's lit at night but incredibly creepy in the pitch black. It would be a good place to hide a body quickly at night with all those bushes in a shallow grave but I would imagine in daylight a dogwalker would probably find a body

Well done. Great to have someone very local who can go out and investigate and send photos. Do you know if the lights work on that path? Wouldn't be too bad if it's lit at night but incredibly creepy in the pitch black. It would be a good place to hide a body quickly at night with all those bushes in a shallow grave but I would imagine in daylight a dogwalker would probably find a body

The lights are relatively new, so I'd imagine they work. At night it must feel a bit like running the gauntlet - you're hemmed in by dark bushes and trees, isolated by vast allotments on one side and sprawling industry on the other.

The lights are relatively new, so I'd imagine they work. At night it must feel a bit like running the gauntlet - you're hemmed in by dark bushes and trees, isolated by vast allotments on one side and sprawling industry on the other.
I'd never go somewhere like that at night out of choice far too creepy for me. That's what interests me about the 4 people on the cctv why they would go that creepy path if there was another way even if it took longer. I would only go that way if I didn't want to be seen and I had very good lungs and legs to run like the wind if something unnerving happened. Makes me wonder why those 4 people chose that path

Makes me wonder why anyone would be there early hours,?

I suppose from the area Libby lived in it's the most obvious route if you need to cross to the other side of the river. The people on foot could have been walking home from a house party and we really need a cyclist to test out the petrol station / Burger King theory - is it doable in 10 minutes?

Can anyone local help me out with bus timetables from Clough Road early hours weekday please?

I tried googling but need a bus number (?) and a destination from Clough Road - and I'm not local so these queries are not helpful.

In explanation I am just wondering if two or three of the people on CCTV were heading to a bus stop?

I am tending to agree with Vermont 24's scenario that PR drove Libby to the park, they got out of the car, then maybe he sexually assaulted and suffocated or strangled her and he put her in the river then ran to his car and drove home.
PR could say to LE he did take her to the park in case there was DNA evidence in the park and in his car and that she wouldn't get back in his car or she ran off so he left her there in the park and drove off home. After that he didn't see her. So if she has ended up dead in the River Hull and gone out to sea and the 4 cctv witnesses either are never traced or saw nothing and none of Libbys clothes or any evidence is found the only witness to any of it then appears to be the young lad who saw a man running from Oak Road park from the window of his house on Claremont Avenue but that isn't proof of anything just to see an unidentified man running. I just can't see that there is anything that LE can charge PR with. As far as I am aware there is no cctv in the park unless anyone local knows differently so no proof of anything at all.

Of course. There's obviously a lot of speculation, particularly locally where many people have got (in my opinion) carried away with ideas of human trafficking and Polish cartels), but I'm really of the belief that it's played out in a relatively straightforward way.

My theory - he didn't set out to kill her, but he did. Perhaps by accident.

I believe he's offered her a lift back to Welly to retrieve keys or suggested waiting it out in the warmth of his car outside of her house. I can see why people have suggested he offer to break into the house for her, but I don't buy it. He's not a master cat burglar. If you've ever locked yourself out of a student house and had to call the letting agency out of hours or pay for replacement keys, you'll know it's not cheap. I can't see LS, drunk or otherwise, consenting to someone else breaking a window or door on her behalf.

He sets off from Haworth Street, ostensibly in the direction of LS's house. At this point the car leaves the main road and CCTV coverage. What happens next, I'm not sure. She's either blacked out from the alcohol or there's immediate intent on the part of PR and foul play - I'm leaning towards the former. I believe he's seen an opportunity in her incapacitation and parked up in this area close to the entrance of the park, and only slightly down the road from LS's house:
Google Maps

Somehow, he's coaxed her out of the car and into the park.

It is a big jump from the crimes he's currently accused of to murder, so perhaps it hasn't gone quite like that. I think he's tried to sexually assault or rape her, and in trying to subdue her he's strangled or suffocated her, either killing or rendering her unconscious. He's out of his depth, he's panicked, and he's bundled her into the river - which wouldn't be an easy task as it's over a steep embankment. Then he's ran. I don't think he's spent any time with her body in his car, because it's just too risky.

I agree totally

My only other scenario would be he took her into the park and frightened her by exposing himself or worse and she got away running into trouble at the river bank

Can anyone local help me out with bus timetables from Clough Road early hours weekday please?

I tried googling but need a bus number (?) and a destination from Clough Road - and I'm not local so these queries are not helpful.

In explanation I am just wondering if two or three of the people on CCTV were heading to a bus stop?
Would there be buses that go that late at night 2.30am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member