Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10:26
Case is the first on

Pawel Relowicz is due to make his second appearance at Hull Crown Court this morning, facing charges on six indictments.

His case is first on the list in court one.

The Press bench is full and other reporters are seated in the public gallery.

10:33
Relowicz coming into court

His interpreter, who is to swear her oath on The Bible, has asked for headphones in the secure dock and has been told there aren’t any.

An usher has now brought headphones for the interpreter. Cell doors can be heard clanging and voices echoing on the stairs leading up into court.

Prosecution and defence barristers are speaking in hushed tones to each other. An usher has gone for the judge. Relowicz is not yet in court.

@Strontium69 and @Vermont24 do you think the sets of steps to the river behind the derelict buildings would be well known to locals? It looks very grim there so I'm guessing not the place many people head to for a picnic in the park.

Could PR have known about them just from taking the kids to the park or would he have needed to do a bit of snooping around.

I know the buildings are derelict but are they used at all by dealers / smokers / youffs. What I'm saying is how secure would PR be in thinking he'd be undisturbed if he went there. Possibly after being at the bench

I'm still trying to feel whether everything happened as an accident or whether Libby was just the victim of a plan to escalate his tastes. If it was accidental would this be an obvious spot for a panicking person?

The area is well known to locals yes. Along this stretch kids sit along here at sunset when the weather is warm. You cannot fail to bump into a dog walker along here at all day light hours.

I knew about the steps because I knew people who were in the rowing team back in the 80s when the boathouse and the steps were actually in use!

Kids and dog walkers would probably know about the steps.

As for someone like PR... I would be have to be wondering why a man living on Raglan with a young family would be exploring that area?

I'm a cyclist and a photographer - I've done lots of urbex around Hull, so I was already very familiar with this abandoned area.

But why would PR be venturing this far? Bringing his family to the park? Walking a dog (did they have a dog?). He would naturally enter the park via Beresford, park his car in the car park or the stretch outside, and use that path to the riverside.

That would presuppose either that he was already thinking and planning for something, and mentally mapping places out for future use, OR he became familiar with the area as a 'local' and naturally gravitated towards it when his offending escalated.

For my money - I can't see a man in PR's situation naturally becoming familiar with the park and this part of the river bank. There's no major impetus we know of - i.e. cycling, photography, dog walking, to bring him to the riverbank.

But I guess living here with a family for a few years, there is every chance they regularly used the park.

As for the abandoned buildings - they have been there so long most people just see through them. Kids gravitate to them obviously. There's always signs of recent fires in there.

However, for dealing and kids actually hanging out, that would more likely be the skate park than the abandoned buildings. It's not the place for dealers, if at all that would be the skate park.

10:40
Indictment of 12 counts to be put

The indictment of 12 counts is set to be put to Mr Relowicz.

10:48
The charges he denies

They are three counts of voyeurism, three of outraging public decency by masturbating in the street, five counts of burglary, and one of handling stolen goods.

All offences are alleged to have taken place between July 23, 2017, and January 28 this year.

The area is well known to locals yes. Along this stretch kids sit along here at sunset when the weather is warm. You cannot fail to bump into a dog walker along here at all day light hours.

I knew about the steps because I knew people who were in the rowing team back in the 80s when the boathouse and the steps were actually in use!

Kids and dog walkers would probably know about the steps.

As for someone like PR... I would be have to be wondering why a man living on Raglan with a young family would be exploring that area?

I'm a cyclist and a photographer - I've done lots of urbex around Hull, so I was already very familiar with this abandoned area.

But why would PR be venturing this far? Bringing his family to the park? Walking a dog (did they have a dog?). He would naturally enter the park via Beresford, park his car in the car park or the stretch outside, and use that path to the riverside.

That would presuppose either that he was already thinking and planning for something, and mentally mapping places out for future use, OR he became familiar with the area as a 'local' and naturally gravitated towards it when his offending escalated.

For my money - I can't see a man in PR's situation naturally becoming familiar with the park and this part of the river bank. There's no major impetus we know of - i.e. cycling, photography, dog walking, to bring him to the riverbank.

But I guess living here with a family for a few years, there is every chance they regularly used the park.

As for the abandoned buildings - they have been there so long most people just see through them. Kids gravitate to them obviously. There's always signs of recent fires in there.

However, for dealing and kids actually hanging out, that would more likely be the skate park than the abandoned buildings. It's not the place for dealers, if at all that would be the skate park.

Thanks .I still can't shake off the feeling of premeditation. No logical reason. Could be the feeling the charges have covered such a long period of time. Could be that the burglaries seen quite brazen. Could be that the Haworth street location seems to ideal a location to watch for students and especially lone students. And also a place to think and plan whilst waiting

Thanks .I still can't shake off the feeling of premeditation. No logical reason. Could be the feeling the charges have covered such a long period of time. Could be that the burglaries seen quite brazen. Could be that the Haworth street location seems to ideal a location to watch for students and especially lone students. And also a place to think and plan whilst waiting

Yep - I feel the same.

10:46
KEY EVENT
Pawel Relowicz pleads not guilty to all charges

He has pleaded not guilty to all charges.
No details at all? That is interesting given the first time he was charged we were given addresses. Could that be to prevent possible prejudice in a future trail? Or just that he's already going beyond that court so this is normal?

No details at all? That is interesting given the first time he was charged we were given addresses. Could that be to prevent possible prejudice in a future trail? Or just that he's already going beyond that court so this is normal?

I’m guessing to try and not prejudice, I have a hunch at least one of the incidences was recently on Wellesley - that is pure supposition/MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member