Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When police acknowledged that 'she may have come to some harm'...that was significant.

I agree just “may have” in my interpretation is ambiguous as in she might have but might not have. I was just trying to grasp is this as much as LE are allowed to say while still gathering as much evidence as possible without jeopardising a potential trial and are the family told but not able to discuss for the same reasons.

I agree just “may have” in my interpretation is ambiguous as in she might have but might not have. I was just trying to grasp is this as much as LE are allowed to say while still gathering as much evidence as possible without jeopardising a potential trial and are the family told but not able to discuss for the same reasons.

Why are you concerned with what family have been told? That's nobody's concern.

The family will know Libby isn't coming home why would they want it to be discussed amongst strangers?everybody that needs to know will be aware of much of the details.

**just read this back , sounds a bit harsh so apologies it isn't meant that way**

Last edited:
New member here...
Been following the threads daily since mid-Feb (went over the earlier ones, too). Not local any more, but had 2 generations of my family study in Hull, so the locations are distressingly familiar.

Anyway, a few reflections which may or may not be useful:

- I see a definite escalation in the offences PR is charged with: the 3 'outraging public decency' charges are very recent, from Dec 2018 and Jan 2019, whereas the earlier charges of voyeurism and burglary are less 'active' in sexual terms. It starts with voyeuring in summer 2017, then moves on to non-sexual thefts (cash, games console) before the first theft of sexual items at the end of 2017, and builds up from there.

- Re. dating of the 'handling stolen goods' charge: possibly the phone had been reported stolen on that date, so when it was found in PR's possession (in person or via the house search) that date was attached to the alleged offence.

- Re. not guilty pleas: if PR is a fantasist (as suggested by the type of charges) maybe he is getting a kick from 'outwitting' LE, knowing he has covered his tracks as far as LS is concerned and may get immediate release in July even if found guilty, because of the time already served on remand.

- On the other hand, if he *is* innocent, that leaves another POI at large, someone who may be keeping their head down for now, hoping PR takes the rap. Someone who may have abducted/assaulted LS after PR left her, then driven out of Hull with a victim/body - it's not practical for LE to trace every vehicle leaving the city that night, so they'll be under the radar. That could explain the puzzling lack of evidence in Hull.

Sorry for such a long first post - have been saving up thoughts!
Interesting post.

Agree that there appears to be an escalation. Particularly the outraging public decency. That suggests to me he getting braver / more dangerous. We're only seeing what he's currently been charged with as well. Difficult crimes to charge people with. I do wonder if we'll see other charges. Thats just my opinion.

With the non sexual theiving he doesn't seem to gain a lot financially which makes me wonder if people were reluctant to report everything. One of his earliest reported thefts was 3 vibrators then he goes to petty cash level. Or he enjoys the risk?. I also wondered would people be reluctant to have certain things on their insurance claims so didn't report them stolen.

Like you I also wonder if he's getting a kick out of this. Won't a not guilty plea mean his victims have to come to court? Not guilty would reduce his plea but I don't think those crimes would attract long sentences anyway. So would he want to watch his victims squirm?

I can't see Libby escaping from PR to fall into the clutches of someone else. I think he's guilty and he's cunning. IMO he'd already planned what to do. But that's just my opinion

With the amount of Hullians we have here, the odds have got to be that away least one of you gets called for jury service, surely

Morning.

Just having a quick catch up again and a sweep around the thread with the long-handled pedantry dustpan and brush.
People from Kingston Upon Hull = Hullensians. :)

Thank You. Goodnight

Morning.

Just having a quick catch up again and a sweep around the thread with the long-handled pedantry dustpan and brush.
People from Kingston Upon Hull = Hullensians. :)

Thank You. Goodnight
For us Southerners it's 'The North'. Tho my child is now a definite Hullensian. Like Libby, she's fallen in love with the place.

Is that how it works? Surely for something as serious as this they don't need to play these games - if they have such strong suspicions can't they simply ask the CPS for more time, or get a magistrate/judge to grant more time? If they have a strong working theory that is more than just guess work, surely then the other agencies involved would be part of that process?

I really don't know in detail, but this seems a bit of run around after they initial declared abduction?

It's not like the Police have declared 'signs of struggle' somewhere, or they think she was abducted by car, or they think she is in the river, they literally have given us ZERO theory as to what they think has happened, apart from they suspect PR involved in her 'abduction' and that poor Libby has probably come to harm.

The best way I can describe my mental process of putting the pieces of information together during this case...

It is like doing a jigsaw... (without a picture guide)... and at some point you start to realise that there are two different jigsaws mixed up in the one box...

If they had enough to link him to any offence, enough that CPS was happy with, they would charge him. The building of the case through gathering further evidence comes after

Why are you concerned with what family have been told? That's nobody's concern.

The family will know Libby isn't coming home why would they want it to be discussed amongst strangers?everybody that needs to know will be aware of much of the details.

**just read this back , sounds a bit harsh so apologies it isn't meant that way**

Just thinking of her poor family in limbo that was all

If they had enough to link him to any offence, enough that CPS was happy with, they would charge him. The building of the case through gathering further evidence comes after
Though in this case they do have other charges to bring against him that has got him locked away. Didn't they initially charge Levi Belfield with something unrelated to murder just to get him off the street and buy themselves time?

Is there a possibility they have enough for one charge but are looking for a more serious one? Like enough to charge with abduction but they're looking for more?

I hope so anyway. For Libby's parents

I just watch the show on Amazon about Levi and I was under the impression that the UK no longer investigated cases in the was it was just portrayed. For years it has been depicted in film and movies including documentaries that following previous suspects instead of actual evidence was discontinued. I couldn't believe what I saw in the documentary. IOW they look at prior suspects that could be "good" for their crime. They portrayed him as a pedophile but the victims were all young women. It's rare, that someone changes their proclivity of sexual preference. I understand they had no leads, this thread now states arrest but I must have missed who they charged. Has someone been arrested for her murder? Link please.
And thanks.

I understand they had no leads, this thread now states arrest but I must have missed who they charged. Has someone been arrested for her murder? Link please.
Nobody has been charged with any offences relating to Libby Squire.
Pawel Relowicz was arrested on suspicion of her abduction, but not charged.
However he has been charged with various other offences unconnected with Libby, and is on remand awaiting trial.

However he has been charged with various other offences unconnected with Libby, and is on remand awaiting trial.

He's still "under investigation" for Libby's abduction though... I think? Not off the hook yet.

Why did they change the abduction to Kidnapping i sure i herd this somewhere ?

He's still "under investigation" for Libby's abduction though... I think? Not off the hook yet.
Whether or not LE has officially identified PR (said his name), they have said that the 24-year-old man who was arrested "in connection with her abduction" is still under investigation. Although everyone knows it is PR - the media released his name, we know he has all these other charges, etc.

"Police are now leaving Oak Road playing fields after what appears to have been a brief search.

Our reporter at the scene said they had not been searching the pond.

“I asked of they could tell me anything at all, and they said no.

“They said they were leaving - I asked if anyone was coming back and they said no.”

Humberside Police have been contacted for an official comment."

Live as police searching area of Oak Road playing fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members