Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From this report I almost expected the "reporter at the scene" to be either @Strontium69 or @Vermont24 :eek: :eek:

Live as police searching area of Oak Road playing fields

“Police at Old Kingstown rowing club searching cesspit,” one man said.

“They [have just been] suiting someone up.”

Unconfirmed quotes from that piece...

Does that sound like they have discovered the existence of a cess pit under the two story ruined building that they hadn't searched before?

I've marked on the map where the vans were parked. (as per HDM video) The building referred to is the two storey roofless building.

Attachments

• map8.png
    map8.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
This photo is labelled as 'Police Leaving the scene'
0_Police-now-leaving-the-scene-in-Oak-Road-playing-fields.jpg

This is the same bench...
0_libby-squire-forensics-oak-road.jpg

The vans were actually parked today further up at the junction at the entrance to the abandoned enclosure, as per the HDM video.

Attachments

• snapshot13.png
    snapshot13.png
    906.1 KB · Views: 27
Is the search of the cesspit mean that they have new information? It's ever so close to the river - how many of you think she went (or was put) in the river ?

Part of me yes, but 2 things bother me about that:

1) some physical tracks would have been left near the waters edge (possible use of the steps might have avoided that??)

2) the bends in the river...

oak-road-playing-fields-river-hull-kingston-upon-hull-RRD1RM.jpg

They still seem to think the park is the key to this. They need to be searching it thoroughly not just a few minutes here and there. This should have been done in the first place. I feel for Libbys family and friends when searches are conducted for a few minutes here and there.

Totally agree.
One good fell swoop at the beginning with a whole bunch of volunteers walking in arms length would have been much better than this random guerrilla attack method once a week for only a few minutes.

If nothing is found with a thorough extensive search, then at least it would elminate the park from further consideration and then LE can pursue other avenues.

Totally agree.
One good fell swoop at the beginning with a whole bunch of volunteers walking in arms length would have been much better than this random guerrilla attack method once a week for only a few minutes.

If nothing is found with a thorough extensive search, then at least it would elminate the park from further consideration and then LE can pursue other avenues.

I agree. Every search seems to be concentated on this park area, yet without what we have seen involving proper forensic investigation.

Leaves me with the feeling plod are lost, have no idea what happened in this case.

If they believe Libby is somewhere in the Oak Road Park area surely more intensive searching/forensics would be the norm.?

I agree. Every search seems to be concentated on this park area, yet without what we have seen involving proper forensic investigation.

Leaves me with the feeling plod are lost, have no idea what happened in this case.

If they believe Libby is somewhere in the Oak Road Park area surely more intensive searching/forensics would be the norm.?

Which leads me to think that they don't think she is...

Maybe they are looking for something/anything rather than someone

Or maybe it's just simply ticking off somewhere they hadn't previously been aware of.

Last edited:

Its so strange because LE made such quick and good progress up until PR was arrested. And then the case has hit a brick wall as far as the public getting any more news or updates.

Its almost as if LE has hit a roadblock that is stopping them from progressing the case further.

I'm not sure they think she is in the park.

All cues point to this girl being likely abducted, raped and killed. A pretty 21 year old dressed up for the night, on her own, near a bench, and intoxicated, it has got to be something along those lines sadly.

Therefore, let us examine these details again:-

She took a taxi to her house (Wellesley Avenue), after leaving the club, and was later seen walking to a bench on Beverley road. Why did she do that?...

If it was because she couldn't get in the house for some reason why walk there?. Did she even know where the house was after leaving the taxi?. (She was reported to be excessively drunk that night).

I think she did briefly go home, and she went back perhaps to meet up with somebody, maybe either a male, (she may or may not have known) for a sexual encounter, with some friend(s) of hers, or with the folks she had originally went out with.

She was either unexpectedly approached by a unknown passerby or by the intended people/person she intended to meet and was persuaded to get into a car or willingly did so herself and vanished from there.

Her corpse is likely to be somewhere concealed in the Hull area and close to where she was last seen, (like where the police are currently searching). Rapists and killers love to commit these sorts of crimes in large parkland with brush; but its vital they have some sort of solid lead, otherwise its like looking for a needle in about a 100 barns!.

In this case the car I think is key. Why is there no further CCTV footage of the vehicle from where libby was last seen?, there must be something.

Its been nearly 7 weeks since she may (or may not) have been killed, in which case she would be in a state of advanced decomposition by now, it will make any postmortems more difficult to confirm, if and when she is found, the longer this drags on.

I live in a student city, and these young women do not realize how vulnerable they are once away from the city centre as there are fewer revellers about and the streets are dark and silent.

Whichever way you look at it, the friends she had gone out that night will never forgive themselves over the disappearance of this girl. Libby should never have been left alone as intoxicated as she was without a pal. The people she went out with must had known she had not got in.

She has to be found...

Anyone know which building was the old rowing club? (a circle on a map would be great!)

If you look on Google maps with North at the top...

There are 3 buildings.

2 to the left are in an overgrown enclosure.

1 stands alone near the pond, with another overgrown patch between it and the enclosure. This is the boarded up 2 storey boathouse with a roof. This boathouse backs onto the embankment, so the top storey is at ground level at the back. The boats would be stored in the top.

Within the enclosure there are two buildings, a single storey and a two storey, both roofless.

The single storey building is the middle of the three.

The two storey building THE SUBJECT of today's search, is the leftmost building. Like the other boathouse, the back of the building backs into the embankment, so the top storey is at ground level, so the boats can be stored in the roof and taken out to the steps from the back of the building.
Dyz_o4eWwAE-Of4.jpg

This is the two storey boathouse where the Police were today, taken on about day 3/4 when they were there first time

Attachments

• snapshot15.png
    snapshot15.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors