Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Strontium69 (or any other Hullians): is the building whose cesspit is being searched the same one that was an avant garde arts/events space a few years back?

I posted about this a few threads ago. Was just curious as the buildings look so completely derelict and this one below was in use till relatively recently (2012, or so I read).

One Hull Of A Story: Paul Burwell & The Boathouse

That building in the photo is the middle of the three - the single storey low rise.
7646897_orig.jpg

Oak%20Road%20Park%20search%203.jpg

It is unconfirmed, but I was under the impression the cesspit would be in the two storey boathouse, as the one storey building is just a shed and unlikely to have plumbing. The two storey building has amenities in it, including toilets, so i just ASSUMED that it was the further left (WEST) 2 storey boathouse (roofless) that was searched today.

I am new to this debate and appreciate that I haven't trawled through the 34 pages of comments to get here so bear with me. you say.

Without a concrete lead the investigation is dead for the time being. No point searching random places without a lead, I have to agree.
I have no desire to stir up trouble and I want to respect everyone on here, but you do tend to speak quite frankly and bluntly about this situation and about someone for whom many of us have much empathy and emotion toward. I know you are trying to be realistic, and we all know the likelihood of a tragic ending, but we also want a bit of hope and a desire for justice (even though our discussion may have no outcome). Perhaps i am the only one who feels this way, but I simply cringe at the word "corpse," and the somewhat callous nature of your observations. Again, perhaps my post will be removed, but I truly am trying to be respectful. I just think of a friend or family member reading our posts and would hope that we all try to be as sensitive as possible.

I have no desire to stir up trouble and I want to respect everyone on here, but you do tend to speak quite frankly and bluntly about this situation and about someone for whom many of us have much empathy and emotion toward. I know you are trying to be realistic, and we all know the likelihood of a tragic ending, but we also want a bit of hope and a desire for justice (even though our discussion may have no outcome). Perhaps i am the only one who feels this way, but I simply cringe at the word "corpse," and the somewhat callous nature of your observations. Again, perhaps my post will be removed, but I truly am trying to be respectful. I just think of a friend or family member reading our posts and would hope that we all try to be as sensitive as possible.

I accept that, I can see my choice of words was rather poor on reflection.

I will endeavor to be more sensitive when replying to this ongoing topic. No offense was meant to be caused.

The fact that PR was fencing stolen goods (a mobile phone, maybe more) would suggest he has a criminal friend in the area, I am surprised police have not investigated this person in relation to Libby as he could be an accomplice to the whole thing, I still feel that PR dumped Libby’s body somewhere on his known route to work, clearly not in his car or cadaver dogs would have caught on, so I think he had access to another vehicle

The fact that PR was fencing stolen goods (a mobile phone, maybe more) would suggest he has a criminal friend in the area, I am surprised police have not investigated this person in relation to Libby as he could be an accomplice to the whole thing, I still feel that PR dumped Libby’s body somewhere on his known route to work, clearly not in his car or cadaver dogs would have caught on, so I think he had access to another vehicle
And how do you know they haven't?

Indeed.

I found this forum by simply searching stories about LS. I'm local, grew up in the same area as her student accommodation, and was a University employee for a number of years. I have no personal connection to her, but let's talk and conduct ourselves under the assumption that there are people reading this who do.

I accept that, I can see my choice of words was rather poor on reflection.

I will endeavor to be more sensitive when replying to this ongoing topic. No offense was meant to be caused.
Thank you...and I didn't think it was intentional. I just realized how attached one becomes to these people after being on the site for a while now...

Just another possibility on the phone. Although you could be right, in cases of handling stolen goods, it is most often that he might have stolen it himself but says 'I bought it for a tenner off some bloke in the shopping centre who I'd never seen before'. If they can't prove he stole it, they can only charge with handling

I wonder whether the police has explored the possibility of abduction and false imprisonment of Libby Squires?. For me, unless evidence has emerged confirming the contrary then it surely remains a possibility to which could explain her disappearance.

I am baffled as to how a woman can just disappear in a large city like that without anyone seeing a thing.

What's the difference between a cesspit and a septic tank? I know that right at the start of this case I mentioned searching a septic tank and was told that there are no septic tanks. Because I'm from a different culture, environment and geography altogether, I appreciated that information. But now that a cesspit search has been mentioned, I would call a septic tank and cesspit one and the same thing. If anyone could educate me on this I'd be grateful :)

Get back in the studio Brian, you need to make Angus some money!

Seriously, it’s not a fact he was fencing, he was charged with receiving which just means he’s got someone else’s property without their permission and they can’t prove how.

He’d be a bit of a rubbish fence to still have a phone knocking around from November in February

What's the difference between a cesspit and a septic tank? I know that right at the start of this case I mentioned searching a septic tank and was told that there are no septic tanks. Because I'm from a different culture, environment and geography altogether, I appreciated that information. But now that a cesspit search has been mentioned, I would call a septic tank and cesspit one and the same thing. If anyone could educate me on this I'd be grateful :)

Septic tanks are part of a sewage treatmentsystem and have an outlet that runs to a soakaway, typically they require emptying every 12 months. A cesspit or cesspool is a holding tank without an outlet. It is not part of a sewage treatment system it is just used for the storage of waste.

Septic tanks are part of a sewage treatmentsystem and have an outlet that runs to a soakaway, typically they require emptying every 12 months. A cesspit or cesspool is a holding tank without an outlet. It is not part of a sewage treatment system it is just used for the storage of waste.

To add to that, it tends to be remote properties that have them, UK cities and towns tend to be connected to a sewer system

Apologies to those that will have received numerous ‘like’ notifications! Feel a bit like a social media stalker only WS style o_O The teen dragged me to a rap concert in Manchester and I’m catching up, whilst waiting for my hearing to come back. Libby & family were not far from my mind.

Just thought I’d echo the sentiment about the haphazard & short searches in oak road playing fields, wondering if LE have just learnt of the cesspit’s existence and a quick ruling out ? If not, still wondering why after all this time intensive, grid - like searching for either supposed evidence or even Libby was never done ..
as a previous poster said (sorry can’t remember who !) surely initial thorough searches would have ruled anything in/out ? Even if there was nothing to be found ...

Last edited:

Thanks casual. So is it still sewage waste in a cesspit? And where does the waste go without an outlet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim