Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the recovery of a body from the Humber Estuary yesterday, a post-mortem examination is due to begin shortly today (Thursday, 21 March) and is expected to last throughout the rest of the day.

The body was recovered from the water close to Spurn Point at around 3.30pm yesterday, Wednesday, 20 March, and taken in to Grimsby Docks.

Formal identification is expected to take place following the post-mortem, until which time we are not in a position to confirm as to who we believe it may be.

When we are able to we will provide further information and updates.

UPDATE: Body recovered from Humber Estuary | Humberside Police

A body recovered from the Humber Estuary by the police force probing Libby Squire's disappearance is believed to be a woman, the Mirror has been told.

Humberside Police have said it is too early to identify the body after it was found close to the Grimsby Docks on Wednesday afternoon.

A spokesman for North East Lincolnshire Coroner's Office told the Mirror today: "We believe it is a woman's body."

Body found by police force looking for Libby Squire is 'believed to be a woman'

I know exactly what they'll be going through as we lost our 22 year-old daughter, only child, suddenly, to sudden adult death syndrome, last April. They'll be going through hell on earth with still so many unanswered questions and what ifs. Let's hope, if it is her, that they get some answers now and aren't left in limbo still. To lose a child, a young person with all their life, hopes and dreams, ahead of them is just terrible, as we found out unfortunately.

Sorry for you loss Chris. These cases must be hard for you to read about. Thank you for coming and sharing. Thoughts and prayers to you.

I was also wondering if it was the same body reporrtedly seen by the docks, triggering the searches around Paull.
Those searches seemed excessive to what would be the norm (quick look around, nothing to be seen) and i wondered if the reports had specific details attached.

I also think it is highly unlikely she could have ended up in the water accidentally, its too far into the park and it was too cold to be wondering around for that long drunk or not. Imo.

I think it possible if she was frightened and ran towards the light away from the person scaring her . It was also be very slippy underfoot aswell as intoxicated

Still absolutely no mention of the body or today's update on Humberside Police's twitter. They really seem to be trying to keep it hush hush. IMO they know that everyone knows that LE think it's her and they don't want to post anything on SM and be getting bombarded with comments asking if it's Libby.

Thank you. And to all the locals here I know you all must be tense, nervous waiting news. I am sending my thoughts and prayers from across the pond to all of you. Libby’s family are also in my mind today but I just know all of your put so much into this thread, heart and soul and if this is Libby it will be a hard day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member