Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you about how bendy it is etc completely. However, I cannot think how she'd enter the water on say Clough Road or elsewhere without being picked up by cameras. For example, if she was in PRs car I can't see how the car wouldn't have been picked up else where. If she walked off and fell in or killed herself somewhere else, why no more sightings by people or cameras? So as bendy as the river is, I just cannot think of any other entry points that would make sense.

You are making the assumption that we have seen all the CCTV that the police have seen. I dont think we have.

You are making the assumption that we have seen all the CCTV that the police have seen. I dont think we have.

Im not assuming that at all. I'm just going on my original point: Most of us believed she entered the water via Oak Road Fields and we believe that because the police have searched it for weeks. We haven't really seen them search anywhere else like that with such intensity except PRs house.

This suicide stuff is nonsense, until PR came along she was nowhere near the park or river, she had no suicidal thoughts of drowning herself

She either died through being murdered/accidently killed by PR or she was escaping him and fell into the river accidently, either way PR is responsible for her losing her life

When was PR found guilty of any crime, did I blink and miss a trial?

For now it's supposition and innocent until proven guilty

Im not assuming that at all. I'm just going on my original point: Most of us believed she entered the water via Oak Road Fields and we believe that because the police have searched it for weeks. We haven't really seen them search anywhere else like that with such intensity except PRs house.

Always got the impression they were searching for an item rather than anything else.

You don't know that. She was prevented entry in the club and didn't return home and instead trawled the streets and sat on a bench. You just wouldn't do that in -2 degrees.

She may have had something on her mind and just walked down the street and jumped into the river. Alcohol can exasperbate mental issues.

Ok granted, I don't think that happened but I for one hope that cause of death is concrete and if it is foul play will lead us to her killer somehow.

Anyway, still way off. Will wait for the results to come out.
Why would you even say such an awful thing when you think it's unlikely?

Her parents and others have assumed she didn't have her keys. Moreover she appears to headed to a street near a bus stop not to the nearest source of water. That's what I'd have done at her age if I was that drunk. There are perfectly logical explainations for her behavior

She was nowhere near the river when last seen. She hadn't been seen attempting to travel towards that river. She was also drunk and stumbling so she'd have found it tough to get herself to the park, through the park, up an embankment and through the mud of the river hull to lie down and wait for the tide?

Also it looks very likely that she was picked up by a person who had since been charged with sexually motivated offences. Moreover this person has told his sister the girl wanted to go home.

Suicide seems about as likely as alien abduction. Under the tragic circumstances I don't think it's appropriate.

When was PR found guilty of any crime, did I blink and miss a trial?

For now it's supposition and innocent until proven guilty

CCTV shows him getting Libby into his car. Phone pings linked him to the park, PR has without doubt good knowledge of Libby’s final moments, he is the last person to see her alive

Is there a way of tracking tides and currents and working out a estimated area the person could of entered the water?

Probably, but after this long I don't know how much of an exact science it would be.

On the last thread I asked whether biological pathology could determine they type of water someone drowned in. I mentioned this article which explains how pollen and spore forensics can pinpoint a death location. Hoping it is similar for water - saline content, mud, plants etc etc.

Very interesting and well worth a read (and Patricia Wiltshire deserves a great big medal!)

Forensic Ecology: CSI hedgerow

Always got the impression they were searching for an item rather than anything else.

The hacking away at thick bracken suggested to me that they were searching for something else too. The ground was solid and icy so I don’t believe they were looking for a burial site either. I’m not sure what my thoughts are on where she might have entered the water. On first impressions it seems Oak Rd is logical. But given the descriptions of high embankments offered by the wonderful local sleuthers who have helped us build up a picture of how the park looks, I’m not sure.

What options does that leave us with? He put her in his car and she entered the water elsewhere away from the park?

Probably, but after this long I don't know how much of an exact science it would be.

On the last thread I asked whether biological pathology could determine they type of water someone drowned in. I mentioned this article which explains how pollen and spore forensics can pinpoint a death location. Hoping it is similar for water - saline content, mud, plants etc etc.

Very interesting and well worth a read (and Patricia Wiltshire deserves a great big medal!)

Forensic Ecology: CSI hedgerow

Oh I'm Patricia's biggest fan! Got print outs and videos saved and allsorts.

She's amazing.

Just realised I sound weird. She is on my fantasy dinner guest list for sure though.

I am surprised to hear people becoming offended that suicide has been suggested as a possibility. Self harm is a form of mental illness whether it stems from depression, anxiety or countless other causes. While someone that self harms is not necessarily suicidal they are more prone to suicidal thoughts or actions than someone that does not self arm. Therefore if a person that self harms goes missing and is found in a body of water suicide is a logical possibility. Personally I do not believe that this is a case of suicide. I am more prone to believe in an accidental death. Reading through this site more often than not if a male goes missing after drinking at a bar he is found drowned in a body of water. Excessive amounts of alcohol and bodies of water do not mix regardless of sex. The witness that claims to have heard screaming does also lead me to think homicide is a possibility.
I think you need to consider the fact she was nowhere near water when last seen alive, was not in a state to travel to the water courses, that would result in her ending up where this body was found - without being seen at all. And the fact she was picked up by a man who has since been charged with sexually motivated offences. So suicide is highly unlikely and I'm not sure why you are saying these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friesandchips