Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems clear to me she went into the River Hull, flowed out into the Humber and was found once her body rose along the shipping lane off the Spurn. The sluice is on the Drain and is irrelevant. Am I missing something?
JFPDkhu.png

Closeup (the entry point is a GUESTIMATE)
uiTnqOR.jpg

It seems clear to me she went into the River Hull, flowed out into the Humber and was found once her body rose along the shipping lane off the Spurn. The sluice is on the Drain and is irrelevant. Am I missing something?
JFPDkhu.png

Closeup (the entry point is a GUESTIMATE)
uiTnqOR.jpg

The red line follows the river that is more or less parallel to the river at the park near Libby's home.

Did her body go through the sluice to the North Sea, or was her body put ono the other side?

upload_2019-3-23_4-35-38.png

It wasn’t just ‘the incorrect naming of the sea’. It was a whole stream of factually incorrect assumptions that are already causing confusion on what has been a very thorough and well researched, informative thread.

I’m all for people asking questions and theorising, but there have been very detailed and well constructed maps, videos and answers shared to explain why the sluice is simply not an option - by well informed locals with great knowledge of the area. Yet for some reason the misinformation and questions keep being repeated.

- Nobody knows when PR returned home
- There are two separate benches of significance to the enquiry so it’s important to be accurate
- The English Channel is the other end of the country
- No body parts have been washed up anywhere
- The Deep is a well manned, central tourist attraction covered in cctv and not somewhere you would conceal a body. Just because PR took a Facebook pic stood in front of it does not make it relevant
- Libby was tragically found deceased after 7 weeks (not 3 months)

And @Mollie123 I’m inclined to consider, like you, that perhaps I’m responding to a bot.
I agree I have read every thread from the first day, however only joined when I felt I had anything to contribute. Otto has stated and accepted said errors and moved on (minus his sluice theory).
It was myself who raised the question about the deep (mainly due to his (POI) familiarity with the place). Cameras are not always reliable, like in the case of the two suicides (Males) around Dec..the 1st younger man was being monitored on CCTV by staff, yet when they got distracted to switch the footage to the older man it was only later they realised the first man had jumped from the Humber bridge. Hence, why I wondered if a car can stop and throw something quick enough into the Humber. I also considered/ suggested the potential of further upstream (if its up) at the river parallel to the playing fields.

Otto - you are on the thread as a verified expert - is it something to do with water/sluices? Or what are you an expert in? As many have said we don’t know where she went in the water. We can be sure the sluice is not involved as a body would not get through it.

I understand. She could not have gone through the sluice, therefore she was put in the water downstream of the sluice, or was she put in the water where she was found?

I understand. She could not have gone through the sluice, therefore she was put in the water downstream of the sluice, or was she put in the water where she was found?

The sluice only “sluices” the drain, not the river . She cannot have gone through the sluice. So she must have entered the water anywhere in the river Hull, or the river Humber, or the estuary itself. All of which end up in the sea.

She wouldn't have been put in the water where she was found.

Guessing either directly into the river hull or into the Estuary at some secluded point.

Welcome back Kolumbo, did you ever hear anything back about the disturbed piece of ground near the Croda fence?

Thanks... :)

Nah, never heard a damn thing. Strontium69 checked it out anyway, and I went back at a later time and we both concluded it was probably nothing.

For locals who attended PR's court appearances did he wear glasses? We're the frames the same as those shown in MSM photos?

If they were different perhaps LE were strimming for them in the park if they had come off in the dark during a struggle? If not found perhaps would increase the probability he was on the riverbank itself.

For locals who attended PR's court appearances did he wear glasses? We're the frames the same as those shown in MSM photos?

If they were different perhaps LE were strimming for them in the park if they had come off in the dark during a struggle? If not found perhaps would increase the probability he was on the riverbank itself.

@Joelle88 said he wasn’t wearing glasses in court

Hey guys, where has this foot in a shoe appearing on french shores came from? (And don't say from the sluice)

That would be me. I pointed out that it was fortunate that she was found before she ended up in the channel. It looked a bit like her body was headed South along the estuaries into the North Sea and Southbound.

upload_2019-3-23_5-10-36.png

If she did not go through the sluice, she was not murdered in the park near her apartment

upload_2019-3-23_5-14-47.png

upload_2019-3-23_5-17-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-23_5-14-21.png
    upload_2019-3-23_5-14-21.png
    589.6 KB · Views: 6
<modsnipped quoted post>
I am now in tears. Like so many here I joined this because I couldn't imagine what her parents were going through. I have a child the same age at the same University. My heart goes out to them.

Up until the body was identified I still shared the tiny hope that she could still be alive and that the dedication of the locals here, especially @Strontium69 and @Vermont24 might help find her. Every theory from everyone might trigger something that would help.

A beautiful girl has had her life and her future stolen from her. Her family, boyfriend and friends need justice.

Practically I think it's right to share that tribute far and wide so that anyone that knows anything might see it. It might he the trigger they need.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I kept you safe for as long as I could and I am so sorry I could not keep you safe on that night. I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry."

Utterly, utterly heartbreaking. I've just cried reading her post.

Absolutely heart wrenching post from Libby’s mum, such beautiful words. I can’t start to imagine what they are going through and I only hope I never will. My girls are still at primary school but it’s so scary that one day you have to let them spread their wings and it sounds like Libby had wonderful parents family and friends who supported her and gave her the confidence to move away and follow her dreams at university. When so many children aren’t properly cared for in this world why does this happen to family’s like Libby’s. Utterly tragic

I use
Oh my word, too much, making my eyes wet again.
I didn't know Libby had a boyfriend. Urgh, this has devastated so many people.

I don't think anyone did.

They've obvious protected him brilliantly.

No young lad should ever have to deal with the girl he loves going missing for 7 weeks and then grieve her passing,

I couldn't help but feel really saddened and touched when I heard the positive ID of Libby. It shocked me as to how upset I felt. Even though most of us were pretty certain she was dead for the entirety of the search and investigation, I felt like we somehow got to know her a little. I found myself unable to look at photos or videos of her any more, I just found it too upsetting. For someone I never met and never knew, it's a new and odd experience for me.

Anyway, I felt compelled to show my respects so I visited the bench today.

I printed out some of your comments and wishes from this thread, and I gifted a bunch of white roses, on behalf of you all...
View attachment 175644
View attachment 175648View attachment 175649
I tied the comments and the roses to the back of the bench...
View attachment 175643

The thing that really got me, while I was tying the messages and the roses to the bench, was the smell of scented candles thick in the air. By a fluke of where the bench is, it's out of the wind, and there are lots of little candles burning there. The smell of them just broke me up, it really did.

While I was about to leave I noticed a woman and 2 girls with some flowers. Apologies for the video being from the other side of the road, bit I didn't want to intrude.

There were 5 or 6 media vans there. And there was a couple of people walking around with BBC lanyards on. Some young lass was hovering while I was there, I did speak to her. She was from the press, radio in Leeds, and was keeping her distance, she looked terrified when I spoke to her! I told her I wasn't going to attack her, she looked relieved! I guess that there are plenty of places these reporters are sent where they are not appreciated by the locals.
View attachment 175645

Thank you so much for doing this Started me off crying again. Some of you guys are so thoughtful and lovely. Makes me proud to live in such a wonderful city.

I am now in tears. Like so many here I joined this because I couldn't imagine what her parents were going through. I have a child the same age at the same University. My heart goes out to them.

Up until the body was identified I still shared the tiny hope that she could still be alive and that the dedication of the locals here, especially @Strontium69 and @Vermont24 might help find her. Every theory from everyone might trigger something that would help.

A beautiful girl has had her life and her future stolen from her. Her family, boyfriend and friends need justice.

Practically I think it's right to share that tribute far and wide so that anyone that knows anything might see it. It might he the trigger they need.

I worked in a call centre for two and a half years. You can imagine the demographic was heavily dominated by young girls.

My best friend girl who is Libby's age. she has a second job working in a pub. Like a lot of people her age, she thinks she's invincible. She sometimes walks two miles home at 1 am, 2 am in the morning. Which I've gone mental at her for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentA