Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a case (not yet solved) locally many years ago with a young teen found drowned in a shallow pit and it’s thought that she fell/was harmed and fractured her skull but that the perp thought she was dead and disposed of her in the water, thus causing her death. I wondered if a similar thing could have happened here?

This also took place when the ground was frozen

Last edited:
@Noseyjosie

I think I can remember reading up on the case you’re mentioning. Why do I have Devon in my head ? Happened to a young teen ? There was a good article about it, how the kids in the town had absolutely nothing to do and they hung out at the entrance of a local super market smoking drugs and drinking?
I did a quick search but I can’t remember her name or find the article :(

@Noseyjosie

I think I can remember reading up on the case you’re mentioning. Why do I have Devon in my head ? Happened to a young teen ? There was a good article about it, how the kids in the town had absolutely nothing to do and they hung out at the entrance of a local super market smoking drugs and drinking?
I did a quick search but I can’t remember her name or find the article :(

Yes that’s the one but it’s Watton in Norfolk not Devon. I read that article, it was “murder among children” or something similar I think. Poor Johanna
Found it Murder among children – Nick Davies

We had a case (not yet solved) locally many years ago with a young teen found drowned in a shallow pit and it’s thought that she fell/was harmed and fractured her skull but that the perp thought she was dead and disposed of her in the water, thus causing her death. I wondered if a similar thing could have happened here?

This also took place when the ground was frozen

Slipping/concussion on top of alcohol, possibly to the point of lost consciousness has been a credible scenario in my mind because of the sub zero temperatures

I kinda realised that police often discover bodies by luck.

Two other infamous murders in Hull both where.

Joanne Nelson was discovered because LE was luckily saw a gate the murderer had described.

Then Rachel Moran was discovered in a cupboard while police were carrying out door to door inquiries.

And now Libby discovered. Who was probably days away from ending up in the north sea if that ship hadn't seen her body.

Last edited:
I worked in a call centre for two and a half years. You can imagine the demographic was heavily dominated by young girls.

My best friend girl who is Libby's age. she has a second job working in a pub. Like a lot of people her age, she thinks she's invincible. She sometimes walks two miles home at 1 am, 2 am in the morning. Which I've gone mental at her for.
Likewise my daughter. Looking at how close her student house is to the turning from Haworth road makes my blood run cold. She assures me her and her friends now come home from nights out together but they still walk from the uni late, walk from part time job late. They do think they are 'safe' at that age

Looking at the way PRs alleged offending was heading I can't help thinking he was ready to snatch somebody and poor, beautiful Libby was his opportunity. It could have been your friend or my child or anyone. I personally think he was waiting there. I wouldn't he surprised if he'd waited there before.

Haworth road is just too good a spot for observing young female students to be a random parking space after spotting Libby in my opinion.

The 2 "statements" from SM show just how well everybody involved was at not releasing any info to the general public that wasn't necessary. I know some people thought the silence meant that nothing was happening but instead LE were working away in the background ensuring nothing could jeopardise a potential future case and loved ones were kept from public scrutiny as much as possible.

Frankly appalled that after 7 weeks so many are still ill informed enough to get the poor girl's name wrong. Current headline on DM says SQUIRES. Some poor Missing Persons group still refers to her with an 's' on her name, as do many on SM. What is it with people?

Likewise my daughter. Looking at how close her student house is to the turning from Haworth road makes my blood run cold. She assures me her and her friends now come home from nights out together but they still walk from the uni late, walk from part time job late. They do think they are 'safe' at that age

Looking at the way PRs alleged offending was heading I can't help thinking he was ready to snatch somebody and poor, beautiful Libby was his opportunity. It could have been your friend or my child or anyone. I personally think he was waiting there. I wouldn't he surprised if he'd waited there before.

Haworth road is just too good a spot for observing young female students to be a random parking space after spotting Libby in my opinion.

It's so close to home.

Agree if it was PR the trajectory of his crimes were heading that way. Libby was involved a lot of unlucky coincidences that helped the perpetrator.

We can only offer advice to young girls around us and pray they take it on board.

The 2 "statements" from SM show just how well everybody involved was at not releasing any info to the general public that wasn't necessary. I know some people thought the silence meant that nothing was happening but instead LE were working away in the background ensuring nothing could jeopardise a potential future case and loved ones were kept from public scrutiny as much as possible.
I am totally of the belief that LE are working as much if not more to make sure this family gets the out come they truly deserve now, for themselves and for Libby.

I think all the 'ifs' make this case especially heartbreaking. If she hadn't had those last few drinks, if she hadn't been turned away from welly, if on of her friends had gone home with her, if another taxi driver had driven her home perhaps, if she hadn't forgotten/lost her key, if those two neighbour lads had helped her, if graybeard had rang the police, if pr hasn't seen her that night (imo), if someone had intercepted the alleged abduction, if someone had seen what happened next and helped her.
It's so close to home.

Agree if it was PR the trajectory of his crimes were heading that way. Libby was involved a lot of unlucky coincidences that helped the perpetrator.

We can only offer advice to young girls around us and pray they take it on board.

<Edited to fix broken quote>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just getting caught up here. I figured she was in the estuary:

Post 13:
UK - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

“margarita25
Continuing from the last thread with the mapping and terrain aspects:

“The Humber Estuary.
The Humber is a North Sea inlet on the East coast of England and it is one of the major deepwater estuaries in the U.K. The deepwater channel is 22 miles (35 kms.) long from the open sea at Spurn Point to Kingston Upon Hull. Further upstream at low tide there are many sandbanks that are exposed restricting navigation to smaller vessels. The Humber starts at the juncture of the River Ouse and the River Trent, and at this point it is approximately 1 mile (1.6km) wide. It increases its width until at its mouth, 37 miles (59 kms.) to the east, it is about 8 miles (13 kms.) wide between North Lincolnshire and Kilnsea, East Yorkshire with Spurn Head jutting out nearly 4 miles (6.4 kms.) into the estuary.
Humber EstuaryThe Humber with its canals and tributaries, (which include the rivers Hull, Ancholme, Derwent, Ouse and Trent) run off an area of 9,550 square miles (24,750 square kms.), which is about 20% of the total land area in England. This provides the largest single output of fresh water from Britain into the North Sea.
The Humber is a large tidal estuary and extremely turbid, the estuary has a brown appearance due to this high turbidity, and is often thought of as a dirty river. This is not so, the Humber is healthy and there are many Nature Conservation areas and important Nature Reserves in and around it. The waters of the estuary are heavily laden with sediment, which comes from marine and riverine sources and the eroding boulder clay of the Holderness coast. This sediment keeps extensive inter tidal flats and forms mud and sand bars that make semi-permanent islands along the shores, sand dunes and small lagoons can also be found. At low tide vast expanses of mud flats are exposed. These are one of the Humbers important habitats for millions of invertebrates, that provide a food source for many other species. Further upstream as the salinity decreases extensive reed beds fringe the estuary. Therefore the estuary supports a vast collection of wildlife and natural habitats from salt marsh and samphire beds to sub tidal sandbanks and many species of fish, birds are also a well known feature of the Humber, with many species of International importance using the Estuary.“

RiverHumber.com - Home”

This was when I was getting teased:

One member’s response:
“Thanks for the geography lesson, can you tell us about oxbow lakes tomorrow? x”

Just on the way back to South Yorkshire after visiting Hull to leave a card at Libby's Bench. The smell of scented candles is overwhelming and there are now so many flowers and cards that you can't even get to the bench. There were 5 or 6 other people there leaving things for Libby. It felt surreal being there after all the time I've put into making the Libby Map and looking around the area on Google Maps and Streetview. In "real life" the area is completely different to what I imagined; very busy, the junction to turn left towards the bench is HUGE. We parked on Haworth Street next to the blue gates so I could leave the card at the bench. Aside fron the other people at the bench, everyone else seemed to be going about their daily lives as normal - some people were walking past the bench and not even glancing at it. I don't know why, but part of me felt quite angry that anyone could just pass the bench without even glancing at all the flowers, cards, poems and candles. I suppose the harsh reality is simply that life goes on for everyone else. But not for poor Libby. I am glad I travelled to Hull to pay my respects to Libby and her family. It felt strange and sad but almost like a relief to be able to "say goodbye" to the girl I spent so many weeks hoping would be found safe and alive. Now all I want is for LE to bring whoever cut her life short to justice.

No. Otto is a long-standing member here. He just hasn't properly acquainted himself with the facts in this case, and may have misunderstood some for linguistic reasons.

I’m very behind here but I’ll be the first one to say, and I’ve said this before, that @otto is hands down the best mapper on WS.

—-

I was having trouble following here as well with the linguistics, fwiw.

Just on the way back to South Yorkshire after visiting Hull to leave a card at Libby's Bench. The smell of scented candles is overwhelming and there are now so many flowers and cards that you can't even get to the bench. There were 5 or 6 other people there leaving things for Libby. It felt surreal being there after all the time I've put into making the Libby Map and looking around the area on Google Maps and Streetview. In "real life" the area is completely different to what I imagined; very busy, the junction to turn left towards the bench is HUGE. We parked on Haworth Street next to the blue gates so I could leave the card at the bench. Aside fron the other people at the bench, everyone else seemed to be going about their daily lives as normal - some people were walking past the bench and not even glancing at it. I don't know why, but part of me felt quite angry that anyone could just pass the bench without even glancing at all the flowers, cards, poems and candles. I suppose the harsh reality is simply that life goes on for everyone else. But not for poor Libby. I am glad I travelled to Hull to pay my respects to Libby and her family. It felt strange and sad but almost like a relief to be able to "say goodbye" to the girl I spent so many weeks hoping would be found safe and alive. Now all I want is for LE to bring whoever cut her life short to justice.

We're all united in grief, regardless of the distance between us, but sincere thanks to you for taking the time to come to Hull.

some people were walking past the bench and not even glancing at it. I don't know why, but part of me felt quite angry that anyone could just pass the bench without even glancing at all the flowers, cards, poems and candles.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but some people are embarrassed by what they see as excessive displays of sentiment. It doesn't always mean that they aren't saddened by a tragic event, but they may not want to dwell on it, and some of them may have troubles of their own. So do try not to feel angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3