Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it quoted in the Grimsby Telegraph, I’ll find the link but I’m sure it said another 2-3 tides (rather than hours) and she’d be gone
Ok, found it, headline says ‘Within hours’ but the text says
‘’Experienced mariners told GrimsbyLive the calm conditions on The River Humber had given an eagle-eyed crew member of a passing vessel the chance to identify a body in the river. And said he believed "another three or four tides" would have seen her lost into the North Sea.‘’
I’m guessing 2-3 tides would be 1.5? Days not hours.
How tragic Libby Squire was just hours away from being lost forever

I suspect that the subject of the searches off Paull was her, and it was bad luck they didn't find her then.

Sorry who should I have quoted?
And by the definition of choosing to accept his solicitors advice in your case scenario it is obviously a choice,
People have very little chance of winning the lottery however they still buy a ticket, his solicitor is instructed by only him the police wouldn't have any say in bail the word of the law is used and the solicitor is much more informed on how it works than LE and his solicitor would have made a strong case for bail regardless of chances, and an innocent man at that just acepting to do time im prison no questions asked surely a small glimmer of hope is better than no hope. But as ive said regardless of the improbability of why he did or didn't apply etc, the point is in the eyes of the law he chose to instruct his solicitor not to apply. HE CHOSE as in made that choice so as misleading as it may be thats out of my control, I can't say on here he didn't chose to stay, same as if he had been denied bail I couldn't say he did chosen to stay because his freedom was denied in that scenario.

lilmissde33. I have no wish to argue the point. I stated I felt your original post was misleading, and I stand by that.
We have little knowledge of the circumstances bail was denied and therefore we cannot make properly informed statements of why it was not applied for.

IMOO knowing that bail was likely to be denied for the various reasons stated here, the POI was advised applying was pointless. I still do not read this as it being the POI's own choice to remain on remand.

I suspect that the subject of the searches off Paull was her, and it was bad luck they didn't find her then.

Yeh id agree with that, was the weather a little rough when the searches at Paull were taking place? Wonder if visibility was not so good for spotting something in the water.

Awful to think another few days and she may have been lost with no chance of recovery.

We have little knowledge of the circumstances bail was denied and therefore we cannot make properly informed statements of why it was not applied for.

I don’t want to be pedantic but it’s important. It was stated in court (I believe the second time but Joelle will correct me as she was there) that bail was not granted due to him being a flight risk. So we DO know the circumstances and his solicitor therefore had the opportunity to offer to relinquish his clients passport or do whatever it took to offer to meet specific conditions. He didn’t do that. PR had a choice. And he chose not to apply for bail. Even if his solicitor had advised him against requesting bail ... he STILL had a choice. His solicitor works for him and PR gets to make the final decision. As we all would if we were charged with something in the UK.

We have just returned from Hull to pay our respects and leave flowers. It’s something as a family we wanted to do.

We approached Libby’s bench which had so many tributes left from locals and also people from outside the area which was lovely to see.

As we were taking it all in, the wind was taken out of my sails. When from Haworth Street, Russ and Lisa Squire amongst two others emerged to see the tributes on the bench. They seen we had put the flowers down and smiled at us, they seem a lovely pair to be able to do that and keep strong amidst every parents worst nightmare.

Normally I’m very chatty and will talk to anyone. But personally I didn’t think it was appropriate at this moment in time, we wanted to give them space and respect their privacy.

lilmissde33. I have no wish to argue the point. I stated I felt your original post was misleading, and I stand by that.

IMOO knowing that bail was likely to be denied for the various reasons stated here, the POI was advised applying was pointless. I still do not read this as it being the POI's own choice to remain on remand.
As I've said regardless of my own opinion in the matter there is no other way for me to word it he made his choice I said that choice is the law the judge couldn't have bailed him and sent him on his way the law wouldn't allow it, so sorry if you feel mislead as I said it was not my intention I however can only state facts as we know them, my opinion on the matter is he chose the easy option but thats irrelevant you say his choice was on solicitor advice I say his choice was a way to avoid his family etc but either way, we both agree he chose the path

Surely if they thought he was a flight risk they'd of just confiscated his passport as part of the bail terms?

The reason I don't think he applied for bail is because he'll probably serve all or majority his sentence on remand.

I don’t want to be pedantic but it’s important. It was stated in court (I believe the second time but Joelle will correct me as she was there) that bail was not granted due to him being a flight risk. So we DO know the circumstances and his solicitor therefore had the opportunity to offer to relinquish his clients passport or do whatever it took to offer to meet specific conditions. He didn’t do that. PR had a choice. And he chose not to apply for bail. Even if his solicitor had advised him against requesting bail ... he STILL had a choice. His solicitor works for him and PR gets to make the final decision. As we all would if we were charged with something in the UK.
Thank you you have been more eloquent than I, and I didn't want to come across as pedantic or arguing opinions and who's is better, I am not that way inclined but I was trying to explain I wasnt stating that part as an opinion or to mislead I was just saying legal facts of why he is there. The law is the law

We have just returned from Hull to pay our respects and leave flowers. It’s something as a family we wanted to do.

We approached Libby’s bench which had so many tributes left from locals and also people from outside the area which was lovely to see.

As we were taking it all in, the wind was taken out of my sails. When from Haworth Street, Russ and Lisa Squire amongst two others emerged to see the tributes on the bench. They seen we had put the flowers down and smiled at us, they seem a lovely pair to be able to do that and keep strong amidst every parents worst nightmare.

Normally I’m very chatty and will talk to anyone. But personally I didn’t think it was appropriate at this moment in time, we wanted to give them space and respect their privacy.

Thanks for taking the time to come to Hull. It's a wonderful gesture - you can surely see how the community has taken Libby to our hearts.

I live not 10 minutes walk away, and I haven't been to the bench yet and have to admit that is partly due to a fear of seeing her parents or someone I recognise as her friends there.

Last edited:

Oh wow. That must have been such an emotional moment for you on every level. I wondered whether the family would visit the bench to read the tributes. Bless them. I’m not sure I’d have the emotional strength.

Yes I think we did! Feel free to refuse to answer but are you involved in law enforcement? Asking out of interest, nothing else.
That's the second time I've been asked that today and I am happy to answer any questions. However in answer nope I've never even been inside a police station or court room for any reason what so ever no law experience

Last edited:
Yeh id agree with that, was the weather a little rough when the searches at Paull were taking place? Wonder if visibility was not so good for spotting something in the water.

Awful to think another few days and she may have been lost with no chance of recovery.

There were very high tides mid March. No idea if this is relevant in the later discovery.

From what I have read here re: the bends and course of The Hull wouldn't more river searches have been appropriate?
I do understand fully what happens when a body enters water, particularly a tidal water course, but if it was thought Libby was in the Hull I seriously wonder why there were not more river searches further along its course.
I'm not a local so apologise if my questions are inappropriate. TIA

I'm a bit confused by your timings here, where has the 7 minutes come from?

The ITV reporter said the car was there about 20 minutes, so must be approx 11:49 - 12:09

That was what I was thinking for the time of arrival. Was trying to see when it might have arrived to see how it matched the time grey beard was there ie could PR have stopped because of seeing the grey beard interaction, or would there not have been enough time for him to see that, drive around to the end of Haworth, do a three point turn and reverse park etc

There were very high tides mid March. No idea if this is relevant in the later discovery.

From what I have read here re: the bends and course of The Hull wouldn't more river searches have been appropriate?
I do understand fully what happens when a body enters water, particularly a tidal water course, but if it was thought Libby was in the Hull I seriously wonder why there were not more river searches further along its course.
I'm not a local so apologise if my questions are inappropriate. TIA
In the following days after Libby vanished, the Police Helicopter spent a lot of time hovering up and down over the River Hull, as well as the park.

Surely if they thought he was a flight risk they'd of just confiscated his passport as part of the bail terms?

The reason I don't think he applied for bail is because he'll probably serve all or majority his sentence on remand.
Yes but he is pleading innocent and if found innocent he wouldn't have to serve a single day ..... Sorry for the obvious.
And in my opinion it does raise the question on what he had to lose by at least applying but only he knows why he did. Whatever his reasons he still chose his path.

Thanks for taking the time to come to Hull. It's a wonderful gesture - you can surely see how the community has taken Libby to our hearts.

I live not 10 minutes walk away, and I haven't been to the bench yet and have to admit that is partly due to a fear of seeing her parents or someone I recognise as her friends there.

Thank you Vermont and Audiohoney for your kind words. It hit a nerve 7 years ago as I lost a friend of mine when we were both 18. His parents straight away came up to me and asked how I was doing. I was just lost for words, there’s nothing you can say to make it better can you? But they were keeping strong for everyone else. That’s what I felt again today. Truly amazing people.

Lisa and Russ were taking the time to read the words people had written for Libby. So if that could give them even some shred of warmth and comfort of how much we are thinking of them all at this time, then I’m proud of us all.

Monetary bail bonds do not exist in the UK like in the USA.

So IF this was said by his mother either, he spun her a lie or she misunderstood.

Libby Squire's last confirmed sighting caught on CCTV as she stumbles towards Hull nightclub | Daily Mail Online

Relowicz's mother Marzena, meanwhile, says she has been left devastated ....
The mother of eight said she was desperate to travel to England to see her son, but said she could not afford the air fare.

'I was told by my daughter we had to get £2,000 for bail money but we do not even have those means. I do not have that money.'

Yes, second time at the Magistrates Court, when he had just been charged with the further seven offences, it was stated that he was a flight risk, and at high risk of re-offending. No application for bail was made at the later 2 Crown Court hearings.

That was what I was thinking for the time of arrival. Was trying to see when it might have arrived to see how it matched the time grey beard was there ie could PR have stopped because of seeing the grey beard interaction, or would there not have been enough time for him to see that, drive around to the end of Haworth, do a three point turn and reverse park etc

I think it's quite likely that PR saw Libby and GreyBeard from his car (may even have seen GB drive away) and he decided to take a closer look; the timing fits perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3