Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought - how well could PR speak English, if at all?

It was said he needed an interpreter in court so his English can’t have been that good.

If this is the case, would he and LS have even been able to have had a conversation at the bench?

Would he have known how to offer her a lift in English? She was very drunk and it’s likely she couldn’t speak coherently at the time and I seriously doubt she’d be able to understand Polish, or even he understand much English.

I think most Poles here at the very least can speak basic English - a few phrases, perhaps.

He understood in court when they asked him to say his full name, and he told them it in a gentle sounding, softly spoken voice, which tragically, could have helped to convince Libby that he was no threat, therefore assisting him in luring her into his car.

Last edited:
I think most Poles here at the very least can speak basic English - a few phrases, perhaps.

He understood in court when they asked him to say his full name, and he told them it in a gentle sounding, softly spoken voice, which tragically, could have helped him to lure Libby into his car.
There's a lot of phrases and words I don't understand.

So I can imagine been really difficult for a foreign national, even there English is good.

Libby Squire's broken mum fights back tears and is comforted by son at memorial

I just want to mention again - Why don't people take the wrapping paper off their flowers?
This "memorial" already looks like a rubbish tip because of all that paper, and it hides the flowers.

At least someone has had the thought and sense to put their flowers in a vase. It would be lovely if someone at the university organised this properly, got rid of the paper and put the flowers in containers. It's not hard to find glass jars or clear plastic bottles that would do.

The fact that Libby is now found and the case is being treated as a homicide will hopefully encourage PR's family circle to release any info they might have. They could have been clinging to the hope it was all an accident.

His mother already had her doubts about him IMO. Some of the statements she made to MSM sounded like disbelief that he might have gone this far, but not out and out denial that he might be capable. Did she see something in his behaviour?

His wife must be in shock, assuming that his activities were news to her. She will be able to cross reference dates and times of the crimes he’s been accused of with her own diary / memory and that I’m sure will convince her of his guilt for the 12 offences he’s due in court to defend.

I have another thought, his FB was active at the time of his arrest and right? With MSM pulling photos for use in articles and people discussing his shares of posts about ill children. So, who took that page down? I can only think it must be his wife, as she’s the only person who would surely have access to it? And why? Did he ask her to? In which case they were still communicating after his initial arrest.

Unlikely that PR kept the items he stole in the boot of his car

His wife was an Avon lady so would have needed a car to deliver catologues, deliver merchandise that had been ordered etc, I have not read of her having her own car so presumably she was using PR’s while PR was at work, plus she will have needed the car to take the children places

PR most likely got a lift to work/communal company transport while his wife used the car

Unlikely to have been keeping stuff in the boot

His mother already had her doubts about him IMO. Some of the statements she made to MSM sounded like disbelief that he might have gone this far, but not out and out denial that he might be capable. Did she see something in his behaviour?

His wife must be in shock, assuming that his activities were news to her. She will be able to cross reference dates and times of the crimes he’s been accused of with her own diary / memory and that I’m sure will convince her of his guilt for the 12 offences he’s due in court to defend.

I have another thought, his FB was active at the time of his arrest and right? With MSM pulling photos for use in articles and people discussing his shares of posts about ill children. So, who took that page down? I can only think it must be his wife, as she’s the only person who would surely have access to it? And why? Did he ask her to? In which case they were still communicating after his initial arrest.
Do LE not take down FB pages after arrests? It might form part of the prosecution? I'm sure other stuff that was in the public domain disappeared after his arrest.

I felt many of his mother's comments about him to MSM were very, very odd, even allowing for translation errors.

Do we know if his wife was home at that time Libby went missing?. MSM reported that she was with friends whilst the house was searched and LE did bring out lots of baby stuff which I'm guessing was to go to her but I'm sure somebody whose children lived on his road said they hadn't seen her for a while

His wife was an Avon lady so would have needed a car to deliver catologues, deliver merchandise that had been ordered etc, I have not read of her having her own car so presumably she was using PR’s while PR was at work, plus she will have needed the car to take the children places

PR most likely got a lift to work/communal company transport while his wife used the car

From what I gather now a lot of Avon is online. Facebook ect.

From what I gather now a lot of Avon is online. Facebook ect.

True but there were child seats in the back of the car when police impounded it for search, with PR doing 12hr shifts, travel to and from work, sleep, his perverted activities, there would be little time for him to be taking children places, I imagine his wife was the prime car user

There's a lot of phrases and words I don't understand.

So I can imagine been really difficult for a foreign national, even there English is good.

I imagine having a translator present is as much about protecting the police interviewers and the court proceedings. They can't have him turning round at a later date saying he didn't understand things, he could end up getting away with something on a technicality.

But I also think the theory that this guy on a bike is a local drug dealer is pretty plausible. I’m surprised police haven’t offered immunity from prosecution for unrelated minor offences to these wanted witnesses. They often do so don’t they?

Does that ever work? Not that it's ever been relevant to me but I'd just assume I won't get prosecuted for that but LE will then be more aware of me in the future.

Do LE not take down FB pages after arrests? It might form part of the prosecution? I'm sure other stuff that was in the public domain disappeared after his arrest.

Various pieces of information, which may or may not have been in relation to him, definitely disappeared quickly after the initial arrest.

Doesn’t anyone know what time of day he committed his other offences? Were they all committed at night by any chance?

Avon catalogues are a very nineties way of selling the product. I’m not even sure if they produce a catalogue anymore, I know it’s sold predominantly online these days, usually via Facebook pages. We don’t know how dedicated she was to this line of work. I have friends who do it for a few extra quid and literally just sell a handful of products to school mum friends. They don’t use a car to deliver or collect anything.

Did she even have a driving license? And if she did and did use the car, she’d have no reason to check under the boot cover. In my mind it’s a safer bet compared to keeping that stuff in their home where she is likely to spend a great deal of time looking after the kids, tidying up etc

Various pieces of information, which may or may not have been in relation to him, definitely disappeared quickly after the initial arrest.

Are you thinking LE might be more responsible for removing that information from the public domain than a family member? I’m not sure what the legalities are. FB and Apple do seem to end up in the media at times for failing to share vital user data during high profile investigations. So could LE really obtain powers to take down pages? What’s your opinion V? Just out of interest.

Does any one know if PR had a shed in his garden?
If so that could be a place to hide his trophies.

I can see this being the case, however his wife’s website also does direct delivery via courier. Avon orders aren’t usually bulk. I’m sure her personal deliveries could have fitted on rear seats/ footwells. Also, I’m sure he would probably attempt to hide items under upholstery/ in spare wheel space etc

Are you thinking LE might be more responsible for removing that information from the public domain than a family member? I’m not sure what the legalities are. FB and Apple do seem to end up in the media at times for failing to share vital user data during high profile investigations. So could LE really obtain powers to take down pages? What’s your opinion V? Just out of interest.

I think so, yeah. Like @Newthoughts suggested further up the page, it could possibly be considered evidence. Certainly, a number of posts with an account (and possibly a description) of a previous incident disappeared from a community SM group I'm part of.

I'm googling for anything about arrests and social media protocol, but it's difficult to turn up anything which isn't related to someone being arrested because of social media. Profiles of those recently arrested do seem to disappear more often than not - and we all check on these things, riiiiiight? Perhaps it's dependent on the nature of the charges.

I felt many of his mother's comments about him to MSM were very, very odd, even allowing for translation errors.

You also have to consider what questions she was asked. Loaded questions can elicit responses that distort the reality.

For instance, she was clearly asked if he did part-time taxi work, and she basically said "Not as far as I know". There doesn't seem to have been any other basis for this rumour, yet a lot of people have run away with the idea that he did, or pretended to be a taxi driver etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member